Default Titans Old Boy Watch

Once a Titan, always a Titan.

So here is a thread to keep an eye on our Old Boys.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Harlequins hit by Wildcat strikes

Former Bulldogs player Daryl Millard has scored on his Super League debut for Wakefield Trinity Wildcats in their 18-10 victory over Harlequins.

The 24-year-old, signed from Belmore in the off-season, opened the scoring early on for John Kear's men, before Ben Jeffries and Aaron Murphy also crossed over the tryline as both teams finished the match with 12 men at the Stoop.

Quins fullback Ben Jones-Bishop scored either side of the interval to keep Brian McDermott's men in touch, but the bad-tempered match finished on a sour note as `Quins prop Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook and Wakefield replacement Richard Moore were red carded for fighting.

The Wildcats' bulky pack exerted their dominance early on and ensured the visitors were camped in the hosts half for much of the opening 15 minutes.

And they deservedly broke the deadlock when Millard leapt highest to claim Danny Brough's teasing kick and he crashed over.

But having been under the cosh virtually from the start, `Quins claimed a try of their own with their first real attack.

Ex-Manly hooker Chad Randall and Luke Gale combined to put Jones-Bishop into space, and the debutant full-back scorched through the gap to touch down.

But Wakefield were ahead at the break when Gale sent a routine kick through, which was gathered by Murphy and the full-back set off on a weaving run before offloading for Jeffries - returning to the Wildcats after a season with Bradford Bulls, to storm home.

Although the visitors had the edge at the interval, `Quins hauled themselves back into the contest straight after the restart thanks to Jones-Bishop.

The on-loan Leeds man stretched over the line despite three tacklers, after Oliver Wilkes had gone close to touching down himself.

But Wakefield continued to pressurise and they moved further ahead when Murphy took an inside pass and barged over to make it 18-10.

`Quins tried to claw their way back into the game late on but a resilient Wakefield held on.

And their frustrations boiled over at a scrum in the dying minutes and McCarthy-Scarsbrook and Moore were sent from the field after coming to blows.

On Friday night, Brett Delaney scored a try on his Leeds Rhinos debut as the Super League champions broke the stubborn resistance of Crusaders to record a 34-6 win in Wrexham.

The 24-year-old, who scored just one try in 19 NRL games for the Gold Coast Titans last season, was one of five try-scorers for the Rhinos as Leeds blew away Crusaders with a late flurry.

Ex-Manly wing Scott Donald's opener was cancelled out by Gareth Raynor's try for Crusaders in the first half and the score stood at 6-6 after 65 minutes at the Racecourse Ground.

But once Danny McGuire gave them the lead it was all one-way traffic with two tries from former New Zealand Warriors second row Ali Lauitiiti and one each for Kevin Sinfield and Delaney put the gloss on the scoreline.

Source: http://www.smh.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Harlequins hit by Wildcat strikes

Former Bulldogs player Daryl Millard has scored on his Super League debut for Wakefield Trinity Wildcats in their 18-10 victory over Harlequins.

The 24-year-old, signed from Belmore in the off-season, opened the scoring early on for John Kear's men, before Ben Jeffries and Aaron Murphy also crossed over the tryline as both teams finished the match with 12 men at the Stoop.

Quins fullback Ben Jones-Bishop scored either side of the interval to keep Brian McDermott's men in touch, but the bad-tempered match finished on a sour note as `Quins prop Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook and Wakefield replacement Richard Moore were red carded for fighting.

The Wildcats' bulky pack exerted their dominance early on and ensured the visitors were camped in the hosts half for much of the opening 15 minutes.

And they deservedly broke the deadlock when Millard leapt highest to claim Danny Brough's teasing kick and he crashed over.

But having been under the cosh virtually from the start, `Quins claimed a try of their own with their first real attack.

Ex-Manly hooker Chad Randall and Luke Gale combined to put Jones-Bishop into space, and the debutant full-back scorched through the gap to touch down.

But Wakefield were ahead at the break when Gale sent a routine kick through, which was gathered by Murphy and the full-back set off on a weaving run before offloading for Jeffries - returning to the Wildcats after a season with Bradford Bulls, to storm home.

Although the visitors had the edge at the interval, `Quins hauled themselves back into the contest straight after the restart thanks to Jones-Bishop.

The on-loan Leeds man stretched over the line despite three tacklers, after Oliver Wilkes had gone close to touching down himself.

But Wakefield continued to pressurise and they moved further ahead when Murphy took an inside pass and barged over to make it 18-10.

`Quins tried to claw their way back into the game late on but a resilient Wakefield held on.

And their frustrations boiled over at a scrum in the dying minutes and McCarthy-Scarsbrook and Moore were sent from the field after coming to blows.

On Friday night, Brett Delaney scored a try on his Leeds Rhinos debut as the Super League champions broke the stubborn resistance of Crusaders to record a 34-6 win in Wrexham.

The 24-year-old, who scored just one try in 19 NRL games for the Gold Coast Titans last season, was one of five try-scorers for the Rhinos as Leeds blew away Crusaders with a late flurry.

Ex-Manly wing Scott Donald's opener was cancelled out by Gareth Raynor's try for Crusaders in the first half and the score stood at 6-6 after 65 minutes at the Racecourse Ground.

But once Danny McGuire gave them the lead it was all one-way traffic with two tries from former New Zealand Warriors second row Ali Lauitiiti and one each for Kevin Sinfield and Delaney put the gloss on the scoreline.

Source: http://www.smh.com.au
    Didn't you forget Ben?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Didn't you forget Ben?
    im sure delaney got more than 1 try for us last season.

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    im sure delaney got more than 1 try for us last season.
    ...........huh??

Let's compile a definitative list of former Titans players now with other clubs.

I'll kick it off...

National Rugby League

Canterbury Bulldogs
    Michael Hodgson

Cronulla Sharks
    Ian Donnelly

Newcastle Knights
    Matt Hilder

North Queensland Cowboys
    Clint Amos

Penrith Panthers
    Gavin Cooper

Sydney Roosters
    Daniel Conn

Rugby Super League

Catalans Dragons
    Chris Walker

Leeds Rhinos
    Brett Delaney

Hull KR
    Jake Webster

Warrington Wolves
    Richie Mathers

Any more? Post em up.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 01-02-10 at 09:58 AM.

Mathers eyes England call-up

Warrington full-back Richard Mathers has outlined "massive aspirations" to earn an England call-up after rediscovering his best form.

The 29-year-old received much acclaim as the second-best England-qualified full-back behind Paul Wellens when he featured in Leeds Rhinos' Grand Final-winning side in 2004.

But his thriving career faltered as a result of two knee reconstructions, an injury-plagued spell in Australia with Gold Coast Titans and a dismal stint with Wigan on his return to the Super League.

Mathers, now reunited with his old Leeds boss Tony Smith at Wolves, believes he is close to recapturing the form he displayed at Rhinos and is hoping to make an international outing in the end-of-season Four Nations series in Australia.

And with current England full-back Shaun Briscoe ruled out with a knee injury, Mathers could even get his opportunity against France in the mid-season international.

Aspirations
    "I've got massive aspirations to play internationally," said Mathers.

"I was close before and I'd like to think I'll be close at the end of the season.

"I'm getting there. I've had two serious injuries and it takes a long time to recover. Mentally you're great but it does take a time to get your touch back."

Mathers, who will face former club Wigan at the Halliwell Jones Stadium on Saturday, believes Wolves are showing similarities to how Leeds were playing just before they claimed their maiden Super League title.

"It's no coincidence that I'm playing well under a coach I played well under at Leeds," said Mathers.

"The standards here are similar, there's a buzz around the camp.

"It's very similar to 2004 when the boss came in at Leeds. I'm playing with a group of players who allow me to play my game."

Impressive
    Both Wolves and Wigan have made impressive starts to their Super League campaigns, and Saturday's match will see the winner take over at the top of the table.

"It's a massive game," said Mathers. "There is a lot riding on it. It's our toughest challenge yet without a shadow of doubt.

"It's going to be a mouthwatering clash and, regardless of the result, I think both teams will be there or thereabouts come the play-offs."

Warrington 4/7, Wigan 11/8, Drawn Match 1

Source: http://www.skysports.co.uk

Bowen firing as Pride go down

BRENTON Bowen has rediscovered the pace that led to him becoming a rugby league force in North Queensland.

Back home after a stint on the Gold Coast, Bowen showed he had lost none of the attacking flair that made him a weapon for the North Queensland Young Guns and Cowboys with a two-try effort for the Pride on Saturday night.

The Pride went down 38-24 to a Cowboys combination at Barlow Park on Saturday night, suffering its first loss to its sister club in the annual trial.

The Pride held a 16-6 halftime lead, thanks in part to two tries to winger Bowen, who was only denied a hat-trick by a forward pass ruling.

"It was ruled a forward pass but all the boys thought it was sweet," he said.

The Hope Vale product, who has played 50 NRL games for the Cowboys and Gold Coast Titans, made several breaks in a first-half dominated by the Pride, tearing the Cowboys? defence to shreds on several occasions.

"I was pretty happy with my performance," Bowen said.

"I?d say (my speed) has just returned to where it?s been."

Injury blunted his effectiveness at the Titans but linking with former Kangaroos winger and renowned athletics coach Lionel Williamson at the Pride has helped Bowen rediscover his speed and the work paid dividends at the weekend.

Returning home to the Far North and comfort in his surrounds has also had a marked effect.

"Just being back home, that has sort of helped," Bowen said.

Bowen, cousin of Cowboys fullback Matt, has not given up on hopes of extending his NRL career and did his chances no harm on Saturday with Cowboys coach Neil Henry watching on.

Henry highlighted players such as Bowen, fellow back Kaine Manihera and forwards Jaiman Lowe and Mark Dalle Cort ? a quartet with NRL experience ? as among those he would watch out for on Saturday and the comment did not escape Bowen?s attention.

"To have him watching the game and the boys was something in the back of my mind and I?m sure in the rest of the boys? minds," Bowen said. "One of the main reasons I came back to North Queensland was that affiliation with the Cowboys that the Pride has."

But Bowen knows the job of securing even a Pride spot won?t be easy.

With Matt Bowen due back from injury for the Cowboys about eight rounds into the competition, the Pride could have a glut of outside backs on its hands.

The Pride plays its final trial of the pre-season against Penrith feeder club Windsor Wolves this Saturday at Mann St.

COWBOYS COMBINATION 38 (Callum Haywood, Kyle Feldt, Will Topou, Wayne Ulugia, Isaac Ah Mau, Donald Malone 2 tries; Donald Malone 4, Shannon Gallant goal) d NORTHERN PRIDE 24 (Brenton Bowen 2, Noel Underwood, Drew Campbell, Kaine Manihera tries; Ryan Stig, Chey Bird goals).

Source: Cairns Post