Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: A-League

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Union, at that.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Sorry bout missing my predictions. Had a wedding to go to and the beer was free and flowing from 2 days before!!! Dont think I would have gone to well though after some of the results...

Here are the results...

Adelaide 2 Newcastle 4
    Melbourne 5 Sydney 0
    CC 4 Perth 0
    NZ 0 QLD 2

Here is the table

Team P W D L F A GD Pts
    1. Melbourne Victory FC 8 4 3 1 15 6 9 15
    2. Adelaide United FC 8 4 2 2 10 9 1 14
    3. Sydney FC 8 4 1 3 14 15 -1 13
    4. Central Coast Mariners FC 8 3 3 2 12 9 3 12
    5. Queensland Roar FC 8 3 3 2 9 7 2 12
    6. Newcastle Jets FC 8 3 1 4 12 12 0 10
    7. Perth Glory FC 8 3 1 4 12 13 -1 10
    8. New Zealand Knights FC 8 1 0 7 4 17 -13 3

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    Sorry bout missing my predictions. Had a wedding to go to and the beer was free and flowing from 2 days before!!! Dont think I would have gone to well though after some of the results...

Here are the results...

Adelaide 2 Newcastle 4
    Melbourne 5 Sydney 0
    CC 4 Perth 0
    NZ 0 QLD 2

Here is the table

Team P W D L F A GD Pts
    1. Melbourne Victory FC 8 4 3 1 15 6 9 15
    2. Adelaide United FC 8 4 2 2 10 9 1 14
    3. Sydney FC 8 4 1 3 14 15 -1 13
    4. Central Coast Mariners FC 8 3 3 2 12 9 3 12
    5. Queensland Roar FC 8 3 3 2 9 7 2 12
    6. Newcastle Jets FC 8 3 1 4 12 12 0 10
    7. Perth Glory FC 8 3 1 4 12 13 -1 10
    8. New Zealand Knights FC 8 1 0 7 4 17 -13 3
    QLD have a good chance to make top 3. Sydney copped a flogging!

It was in a poor game and they needed it... now they will go and thrash the Knights... The boys got too impatient yesterday and paid the price.. Sydney FC will return to glory

Default Round 8 Tips...

Here is my crystall ball for this round. Good to see some goals starting to flow and some upsetes happen.

Sydney v NZ Knights.

Poor Knights are really struggling with a bad performance last week. Sydney copped a hiding but there was a couple opf penalties and man down so I wouldnt read too much into it. Sydney 4-1.

Roar v Adelaide.

Adelaide has started to get the wobbles and I think will go down again here 2-1. Both coaches have been working overtime in creating headlines for this game and with 2 skillful south Americans on show could be a great game.

CC v Newcastle

The only real Derby game of the A-League. Willbe some feeling though I feel Newcastle at full stregnth will have too much power for the CC. 3-1

Perth v Melbourne.

Dont know what top make of this. Melbourne were great and Perth were terrible. Having said that my head says Melbourne by 3 but I am going Perth 2-1.

I agree with all.

Sydney will trounce NZ, QLD will defo beat Adelaide...no biased there , CC I think will go down to Newcastle, but Im not saying that with any great confidence, and I think Perth will bounce back against Melbourne and pull off an upset of sorts.

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Mike Valkanis will score again for the Reds!
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Watched the Sydney vNZ game last night.

Sydney will not be anywhere near the top if they continue to play like the did. The started well, but their defence was leaky. If NZ could finish they would have had 3 or 4 goals. Having said that if Sydney could finish they probably would have had 8!!!! I couls see how Melbourne put 5 past em and I dont think things are as hopeless for NZ as they seem. They arent far of the pace and their late start has hindered them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    Watched the Sydney vNZ game last night.

Sydney will not be anywhere near the top if they continue to play like the did. The started well, but their defence was leaky. If NZ could finish they would have had 3 or 4 goals. Having said that if Sydney could finish they probably would have had 8!!!! I couls see how Melbourne put 5 past em and I dont think things are as hopeless for NZ as they seem. They arent far of the pace and their late start has hindered them.
    What was the score?

2-0 to Sydney. Far from impressive. Yorke is good but seems like he is trying to do something brilliant with every touch. The whole team gives that feel. Especially Corica

It wasn't our best performance... but we are back on track.... we are headed the right way now.. we just need to put it all together.

Great game from Jacob Timpano though.. he looked great in Defense and seems to have found his footing in the Sydney FC side now..

Default Results.

From a-league.com

Results
    SYDNEY FC 2 New Zealand Knights 0
    Queensland Roar 1 ADELAIDE UNITED 2
    NEWCASTLE JETS 1 Central Coast Mariners 0
    PERTH GLORY 2 Melbourne Victory 1

Game Wraps
    Sydney did enough in the first half to overcome a dogged but outclassed New Zealand Knights. An early goal by Sasho Petrovski was backed up by a second to David Carney before the interval, but the goal rush the crowd was expecting in the second half never materialised, with Sydney clearly focused on making sure it kept a clean sheet. Sydney though should have won by a more comfortable margin missing a number of guilt-edge chances.

After a week of verbal sprays from both coaches in the lead up to the match, Queensland and Adelaide looked headed for a tame draw, until Lucas Pantelis bobbed up and grabbed a late winner for Adelaide. Fernando Rech scored his first goal in an Adelaide shirt to give his side the lead, only for Roar substitute Royce Brownlie to even it up shortly after he came on midway through the second half.

A tough local derby match ended with Newcastle Jets recording a 1-0 win over Central Coast Mariners, with Franco Parisi netting the easiest goal of his career in the 88th minute. Parisi, a half time substitute, had the simple task of strolling into an empty net after Ante Milicic?s pass was palmed into his path by the unlucky Danny Vukovic.

Perth Glory?s rollercoaster season continued with an impressive win over league leaders Melbourne Victory. Perth overcame the unfortunate situation where starting striker Damian Mori was forced to sit out the game without taking to the field, with his replacement Brian Deane grabbing the first goal of the game and his first of the season. Archie Thompson capitalised on a terrible blunder by Glory captain Jamie Harnwell to level it up, before another defensive error provided Deane?s half time replacement Naum Sekulovski with a fortunate winner, with Eugene Galekovic?s attempted clearance cannoning into him and rebounding into the goal.

Highlights
    Another good weekend for crowds, with the average of 12,175 per game, the second highest so far this season.

Weekend Goals Tally: 9

Card Count: 13 yellows ? 0 reds

Attendances/Average: 48,700/12,175

Whose on Top
    Adelaide regains top spot after returning to the winners circle against Queensland on Saturday night. Such is the closeness of the competition that Melbourne started the round on top; Sydney grabbed top spot briefly on Friday night, before Adelaide returned to top spot and now leads Sydney by one point with Victory a further point back.

Goal of the Week
    To be honest there is nothing that jumps out, but in terms of a good team goal Brian Deane?s long awaited first goal is worthy. The impressive Nick Ward?s cross found Adrian Caceres at the back post; he headed back across goal where Deane outjumped his marker to direct his header home.

Player of the Week
    There wasn?t any real stand out performances amongst the winners this week, but two players stood out for their efforts in losing teams. Andre Gumprecht has had a stellar season for Central Coast and was again amongst the best players on the park, while Daniel Allsopp worked his socks off for Melbourne with little reward for his efforts.

One to Watch
    Nick Ward got his first start for Perth Glory on the weekend and was one of their best in the impressive 2-1 win over Melbourne Victory. The Australian Under 20 international worked hard and linked well in attack and if given more time on the park could prove a real find for Steve McMahon.

Default Current Table

Team P W D L F A GD Pts
    1. Adelaide United FC 9 5 2 2 12 10 2 17
    2. Sydney FC 9 5 1 3 16 15 1 16
    3. Melbourne Victory FC 9 4 3 2 16 8 8 15
    4. Newcastle Jets FC 9 4 1 4 13 12 1 13
    5. Perth Glory FC 9 4 1 4 14 14 0 13
    6. Central Coast Mariners FC 9 3 3 3 12 10 2 12
    7. Queensland Roar FC 9 3 3 3 10 9 1 12
    8. New Zealand Knights FC 9 1 0 8 4 19 -15 3

3 out of 4 tips aint to bad, and my margins werent too far off. Be interesting to see how the various attacks go this week.

A-League rd10 results.

Melbourne Victory FC 0
    Adelaide United FC 1 (C Veart 83?)
    Friday 28 October, 8pm AEST (7.30pm CST)
    Olympic Park, Melbourne
    Crowd: 16201
    Referee: Matthew Breeze

New Zealand Knights FC 1 (S Yeo 7?(pen))
    Central Coast Mariners FC 3 (D Heffernan 5?, S Petrie 48?/72?(pen)
    North Harbour Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand
    Saturday 29th October, 8pm NZT (5pm AEST)
    Crowd: 2583
    Referee: Neil Fox

Queensland Roar FC 0
    Perth Glory FC 0
    Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
    Saturday 29 October, 7.30pm AEST ( 5.30 pm WST)
    Crowd: 13,685
    Referee: Simon Przydacz

Sydney FC 1 (D Carney 73?)
    Newcastle Jets FC 1 (A Milicic 77?)
    Sunday 30 October, 5pm AEDT
    Aussie Stadium, Sydney
    Crowd: 9,132
    Referee: Mark Shield

Poor weather is really affecting NZ crowds.