Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Kevin Gordon wings it
    Greg White | 16th February 2010

GOLD Coast winger Kevin Gordon is a notable omission from the preliminary side named to play South Sydney at BCU International Stadium on Saturday night.

But according to Titans general manager of football Scott Clark, that doesn?t mean the former Sawtell Panthers? speedster won?t be on the paddock.

?The medical staff are working on Kevvy and will try to involve him in the match at some stage,? he said.

?We know how big his local profile is and he?ll certainly be prominent during the visit.?

Gordon had surgery during the summer break and is still recovering from the battering he took during that sparkling 2009 introduction to NRL first grade where at one stage he was being mentioned as an outside chance of a State Of Origin berth.

?Any decision will be made at the last moment but we won?t be risking him if there?s any doubt over his fitness, there?s a lot at stake,? Clark added.

The Titans will leave their arrival in Coffs Harbour until the morning of the match but in the days following will kick back in the city, holding training sessions and public appearances until the following Wednesday.

Coffs Coast Advocate

Junior Titan quinn loves titans's Avatar

oh good thought they were stupid probs will mix up walker and zilly but haveing surgery is bad makes him weak in some places

Greg Bird talks of partnership with Prince

TITANS recruit Greg Bird says he can't wait to re-ignite a combination with halfback Scott Prince against Souths Sydney in Coffs Harbour on Saturday.

Bird will line up at five-eighth for the trial match, with the Titans skipper slipping into his usual No.7 jumper.

But contrary to popular belief, it will not be the first time the two players have joined forces in the halves.

Back in 2007, then Cronulla pivot Bird and Titans playmaker Prince represented the Prime Minister's XIII against the Papua New Guinea Kumuls.

Bird remembers enjoying the hitout with the crafty No.7 and said he would use the next two trials against the Rabbitohs and North Queensland Cowboys in Darwin to fine-tune their partnership before the start of the season proper against the Warriors at Skilled Park on March 14.

"We haven't been doing a lot of ball work at training," said Bird.

"We have done a lot more defence and the like.

"That is probably coming more in the next few weeks in the trials, where we are working on some ball work and combinations."

While Bird has the versatility for the back row if injuries require it, he will almost certainly start the year with the No. 6 on his back.

The former NSW and Test pivot said he would be making the most of the opportunity at five-eighth this weekend.

"I would like to be a five-eighth, but I will play wherever Carty thinks is best for the team," he said.

"Whether it is at five-eight or lock, it doesn't really bother me.

"I am just glad to be back playing football."

The Titans will carry a near full-strength side into the match.

With Preston Campbell backing up from last Saturday's historic All Stars clash at Robina and William Zillman still working his way back to full fitness from off-season shoulder surgery, enigmatic flyer Shannon Walker will start at fullback.

Aggressive young prop Bodene Thompson has been given another chance to impress, named on the bench alongside new recruits Riley Brown and Clinton Toopi.

With Esi Tonga (shoulder) and Kevin Gordon (hip) still on the injured list, the Titans' other major signing Joseph Tomane has retained his place in the centres after a two-try debut in the Titans 52-0 victory over the Broncos last Friday.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Thumbs up

sick cant wait to see him in halves this is first time ive heard about kevin gordon so probs gonna be
    1.preston
    2.mead
    3.rogers
    4.toopi
    5.tomane
    6.bird
    7.prince
    8.bailey
    9.friend
    10.henderson
    11.laffranchi
    12.minichello
    13.harrison

awesome team guys cant wait :P

After clocking up some serious overtime as the chief promoter of the All Stars game last week, Preston Campbell has been granted some well-deserved time off. Gold Coast Titans have given him a week to put his feet up, allowing him to bypass training as well as their pre-season trial against South Sydney at Coffs Harbour on Saturday. The game will be the first in Titans colours for their major recruit Greg Bird. The former Cronulla, NSW and Australia five-eighth will begin in the halves with Scott Prince, with Mat Rogers and fellow new arrival Joseph Tomane handed starts in the centres. Shannon Walker will cover for Campbell at fullback.

Source: http://www.news.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I just got to Coffs and am staying at the Novotel. I figured the Titans were staying here but didn't count on the Rabbits being here too....

Unsure if Dave Taylor was in their run on squad or not, but his left ankle is strapped and he has a slight limp. But maybe he always straps it and maybe he always walks with a limp..

Anyways, I cannot wait until Saturday and I am disappointed that the Titans don't get here until game day. It would have been interesting to see both teams together leading up to Saturday as the games room at the Novotel is only so big..

OK. Here is some news I didn't know. This morning the 'Wallabies' logo that has been on the huge Novotel signage that fronts the Pacific Highway was removed this morning (about time) and was replaced with what I thought would be 'Home away from home for the Titans' as I was under the impression that this was their away base. Wrong, it is now worded 'Home of Camp Rabbitohs'......watz goin' on there then? We can't be sharing unless Titans didn't pay any signage fees or whatever.

Me and the wife are so outnumbered here. There are rabbit supporters everywhere and it seems there was a meet and greet yesterday as everyone...and I mean everyone was walking around with a rabbits jersey looking to get autographs. I wore my Titans singlet everywhere yesterday around the hotel but didn't get too many bites and as the Rabbits were eating at the restaurant here last night I wore my Titans polo Shirt (current model ) and went down for some games of pool. Again no bites although on one of my walks from the games room to the bar I had to give way to Michael Crocker. I was gunna mess with him but after looking at the size of him I changed my mind.

Anyways when I got back Crocker and co were playing pool on the other table and they were talking about the 'rap' song that they all have to perform. Michael C started his rapping which cracked the other guys up. I think it is still a Work In Progress. It would be nice to see them perform but I doubt if Titans will be allowed.

Gotta go...it is costing me a motza to be online at this joint. Hurry down whoever is coming....

P.S. Anyone staying here??

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

GOLD Coast Titans prop Michael Henderson has been ruled out of tomorrow night's first full-scale trial against Souths Sydney in Coffs Harbour because of a broken big toe.

The hard-running 25-year-old was injured a fortnight ago at training but only recently discovered the extent of the damage to his right foot.

"We were playing some fitness games and I dived. I was trying to get Presto actually and jarred my toe into the ground," said Henderson.

"I didn't know it was broken until last week. It is not that painful or anything but it is just one of those things.

"You don't realise how much you use your big toe. It is not a serious injury, more frustrating than anything."

With fellow big man Aaron Cannings set to miss the start of the season as he works his way back to full fitness after off-season shoulder surgery, it is important Henderson is fit for Round 1.

Henderson, who has also been ruled out for the Titans final trial against the Cowboys in Darwin next Saturday, said he would be fit for the Warriors clash at Skilled Park on March 14.

Challenging Henderson to start the year partnering Luke Bailey in the front row are Brad Meyers and Matt White, with young duo Bodene Thompson and Will Matthews expected to push for a berth. All four are expected to play against Souths.

The forward battle will be one of the highlights of the clash with the Rabbitohs, who have named a powerful pack including big-hitting English recruit Sam Burgess.

"There is a lot of depth all through the side this year," said Henderson.

"Everyone will be out to get a spot in the side and I will be no different.

"It is disappointing I won't get any trials in but it is not the be all and end all."

Henderson said that apart from the toe problem, he was feeling the best he had in years following his first full pre-season since seriously breaking his leg against the Broncos in 2007.

"I have stayed the same weight but done a lot more strength work with my legs, which I haven't been able to do for the past few years," he said.

"I think my leg speed and my strength should be a lot better this season, which I am looking forward to."

After the Souths game the Titans will stay in Coffs Harbour for their yearly training camp until mid-week, before leaving for the Northern Territory.

www.goldcoast.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    OK. Here is some news I didn't know. This morning the 'Wallabies' logo that has been on the huge Novotel signage that fronts the Pacific Highway was removed this morning (about time) and was replaced with what I thought would be 'Home away from home for the Titans' as I was under the impression that this was their away base. Wrong, it is now worded 'Home of Camp Rabbitohs'......watz goin' on there then? We can't be sharing unless Titans didn't pay any signage fees or whatever.
    Yeah Coffs is the Rabbitohs Off Season home ground. Coffs is where I grew up and I have been down that way a bit over the last few months and have run into Russ Crowe and some Souths players a few times.

Anyway Titans should do them tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Yeah Coffs is the Rabbitohs Off Season home ground. Coffs is where I grew up and I have been down that way a bit over the last few months and have run into Russ Crowe and some Souths players a few times.

Anyway Titans should do them tomorrow night.
    Thanks for the info.....

It is raining as I type (bummer)..........it has been for half the night. Just drizzle though and nothing heavy.............yet.

Oh, and I think big Dave Taylor is definately out. Unless he is allowed to break curfew. There was a party last night and out of the 'stayers' was Tallis and Taylor, everyone else was gone by the time I gatecrashed. (around 10:30 pm NSW time)

P.S. ......and there was no misbehaving by anyone. Just thought I better add that bit.

The rain has stopped and the sun is trying to get out.......and the boys have just turned up.

is the game at 6:30 qld time??
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Unfortunately u can't be there. Just bought my flights for Round two and with Origin and the Test and other games. I can't afford.

Should be a cracker though!!

We are getting live updates thanks to Greg.

I'll try and give him a call at the break for more info too.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Unfortunately u can't be there. Just bought my flights for Round two and with Origin and the Test and other games. I can't afford.

Should be a cracker though!!

We are getting live updates thanks to Greg.

I'll try and give him a call at the break for more info too.
    I hope the Titans smash the Rabbits so we can beat them in the Charity Shield. Kill the rabbit...kill the rabbit.

Dang Diehard i love your updates :P hope greg does as well, btw im going to warriors game want to meet up.