Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Unless you mean where we are sitting. I'd say GA of course.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

we`ve got tickets and accom all put to sleep, tickets in ga, where is everyone meeting up so we get strength in numbers?

love to be able to say we are going cause the 'convoy' down to Lismore last year was a blast.......but..... if I m tossing up between season memberships or a trip to coffs for a trial game....... well looks like we will be staying on the Gold Coast

Got 1 membership..... still got another 3 to get

Here's to 2015

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_07 View Post
    love to be able to say we are going cause the 'convoy' down to Lismore last year was a blast.......but..... if I m tossing up between season memberships or a trip to coffs for a trial game....... well looks like we will be staying on the Gold Coast

Got 1 membership..... still got another 3 to get
    Im thinking of going down but im driving back after the game....

Same as the rd 2 game drive down nd drive back after game....

i am making the 1000km car trip to watch this, i am very excited as this is the first time my daughters get to see the titans in real flesh and blood not on TV, all up i have a group of 7 coming to coffs for this

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    i am making the 1000km car trip to watch this, i am very excited as this is the first time my daughters get to see the titans in real flesh and blood not on TV, all up i have a group of 7 coming to coffs for this
    Nice work... Lucky for me its only 3 1/2 to 4 hrs.. I think we are going to get a really big turn out....

Agree i think there is going to be a big titans contingent there, cant wait

Any chance the club could show these trials via stream at the Titanium Bar like they hinted at a few years ago?

I can not make the games due to work commitments but would love to watch them.

Maybe someone wants to video it and we could get it hosted for members or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Rabbitohs flex muscles but Titans unworried

GOLD Coast Titans coach John Cartwright says his forwards are not fazed by a battle with South Sydney's much-hyped, new-look pack.
    Cartwright also cautioned Souths supporters against expecting miracles from big-name signings Englishman Sam Burgess and former Bronco Dave Taylor.

Taylor (118kg) and Burgess (112kg) could be used in the second row by the Rabbitohs, who play their first trial against Manly at Redfern Oval next Sunday.

Souths have a trial against the Titans at Coffs Harbour on February 20 and the two clubs meet again in round 2 of the NRL premiership in Sydney on March 19.

Souths will boast the biggest pack in the NRL, with St George Illawarra coach Wayne Bennett describing it as the "best pack in the competition, at least in terms of reputation".

Cartwright admits the Rabbitohs look formidable, but he expects his forwards to carry on the good work of 2009 when the Titans finished third in the minor premiership and Souths 10th.

"There's no good having a team of monsters if you don't have the right balance," he said yesterday. "You still have a 10-man interchange. Souths have two young forwards with the most potential going around in Taylor and Burgess.

"Burgess had a great Four Nations for England and Taylor was probably the form forward of the NRL going into the finals last year.

"Having said that, Dave has come out of a star-studded Broncos outfit and there's going to be more expected of him at Souths, I would say.

"And young Burgess is coming into a competition that is probably a fair bit different to what he was used to in Britain.

"While there is a lot of potential, and everyone can see the potential, there are still a few hurdles to jump."

Souths coach John Lang said he would give Taylor and Burgess a run against Manly and was "open minded" about where they would end up playing.

"It's a tremendous advantage to be perfectly honest because both of them can play front-row or second-row and it gives us great flexibility as a team," Lang said.

''You can't kid yourself, it's exciting to be able to attract two blokes like Dave and Sam to the club.

"I personally think it's a good step to get two of the best young forwards in the game in the one season, particularly as Souths have struggled over the years to attract players."

The Titans' first trial is against the Broncos at Briggs Road on Friday week, although both sides will be largely under-20s outfits.

"But there will be a good sprinkling of first grade players with our under-20s," Cartwright said.

"Last year was our best year by a mile as a team, but everyone will be looking to improve as individuals, and obviously if that happens then the team is going to improve."

Former Bulldogs forward Fred Briggs has quit Sydney to play bush football with Cowra. Briggs played 10 NRL games in 2008, but spent 2009 in the NSW Cup with Bankstown.

Source: http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

SAM BURGESS TOLD IT WILL NOT BE EASY

SAM BURGESS has been warned he will find it hard to live up to the hype as he prepares for life in the NRL with South Sydney.

Burgess and former Brisbane prop Dave Taylor are the star recruits for Russell Crowe?s Souths and their pack is tipped to be the best in the competition this season.

Burgess?s first appearance in a Souths shirt on Sunday is expected to be an easy ride. He and Taylor play in a trial against a Manly side made up entirely of youngsters.

But Gold Coast Titans coach John Cartwright believes Burgess will find the transition from the Super League to the NRL a massive challenge when the real business starts next month.

?Burgess had a great Four Nations for England and Taylor was probably the form forward of the NRL going into the finals last year,? said Cartwright.

?While there is a lot of potential, there are still a few hurdles to jump. There?s no good having a team of monsters if you don?t have the right balance. You still have a 10-man interchange.?

Former England hooker Terry Newton?s biceps injury, suffered in Wakefield?s 18-10 win at Harlequins on Saturday, is not as bad as was first feared and he has a good chance of playing against Catalans Dragons this Sunday.

The Wildcats are interested in former Bradford winger Lesley Vainikolo, who is in the last year of his contract with rugby union side Gloucester . But he is likely to be tempted by the huge money on offer in Japan or France.

Anthony Seibold will be appointed coach of the new Neath-based South Wales Scorpions this week.

Australian Seibold was formerly football manager at Crusaders before their rebranding and move to Wrexham.

Source: http://www.express.co.uk

Junior Titan quinn loves titans's Avatar

Thumbs down Trial 2: TITANS vs SOUTHS @ Coffs Habour

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans recruit Greg Bird will make his anticipated debut for the club in Saturday night's trial match against Souths at BCU International Stadium, Coffs Harbour.

Jetstar Titans coach John Cartwright today named Bird in a strong 22-man squad for the trial match, with the former Cronulla Shark set to partner Scott Prince in a new-look halves pairing.

With Bird named at five-eighth, dual international Mat Rogers has been named in the centres, as has Melbourne Storm recruit Joseph Tomane.

NRL All Stars representative Luke Bailey is expected to back-up after Saturday night's inaugural All Stars clash at Skilled Park.

However, Indigenous All Stars captain Preston Campbell has been rested for the match.

Titans v South Sydney
    Saturday, February 20
    BCU International Stadium, Coffs Harbour

1 Shannon Walker
    2 David Mead
    3 Mat Rogers
    4 Joseph Tomane
    5 Jordan Atkins
    6 Greg Bird
    7 Scott Prince
    8 Brad Meyers
    9 Nathan Friend
    10 Michael Henderson
    11 Anthony Laffranchi
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Ashley Harrison
    14 Matthew White
    15 Luke Bailey
    16 William Zilliam
    17 Riley Brown
    18 Clinton Toopi
    19 Sam Tagataese
    20 Bodene Thompson
    21 Will Matthews
    22 Ben Ridge

OMG WHERE IS GORDON who do they think they are

Awesome team, really looking forward to see how they go against a strong Souths team.

Full strength forward pack
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

atkins... he hsant done nothing since his debut, should blood an young gun...
    good to see walker playing, ahead of zillman?

Its a trial,

I would say they are trialing Zillman impact off the bench, and i have no doubt Gordon will be there round 1

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Its a trial,

I would say they are trialing Zillman impact off the bench
    Lol... Like completley different from most of last year......

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!