View Poll Results: Who will you be cheering for?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • NRL All-Stars

3 10.34%
  • Indigenous All-Stars

19 65.52%
  • None/Both/Don't Care

7 24.14%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

An abolutely fantastic concept in every department, it is magic!

Thank you thank you Michael and other lobbyists for making this a reality.

I am SO excited about this, it really is a big deal to me!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

whos gonna step up to be the Dreamtime coach?

and also the All stars coach?

this is great for the Coast AND Nrl

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    whos gonna step up to be the Dreamtime coach?

and also the All stars coach?

this is great for the Coast AND Nrl
    Beetson would have to be a shoe in for the Dreamtime.

Maybe Wayne Bennett for All-Stars, those players would delight in being coached by the master. Not many get the opportunity to play at a Bennett coached club or representative team.

Nothing official yet, but great discussion and speculation to enjoy.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

You'd have to bring Gus back for the All Stars.

I heard on the roast one day Gus say that Searle was trying to convince him to do it.

I would say Gus, and i dont even like the bloke that much.

We need to get a massive crowd to that game, we be a great day
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Like him or not, he's probably still the best coach of the modern era, and not camera shy like Bennett. The name All Stars implies some razzamatazz and he's definitely the man for it.

This will be Brilliant to watch & i'll definatley be there but there is a bloke named Jarrod Hayne that should be part of the Indigenous DreamTime team

As for the coaches it's gotta be Gus v Artie
    #itaintweaktospeak

Turns out coaches are Bennett for the AS and Henry for the DT.

Not sure how they came to that choice
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    You'd have to bring Gus back for the All Stars.
    That would be awesome.

I'm sure there will be other assistant coaches and other support staff involved as well.

Campbell to captain Indigenous All Stars
    Adam Gardini

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans livewire Preston Campbell has been named as captain of the Indigenous All Stars team to play in the inaugural All Stars game at Skilled Park on February 13, 2010.

Indigenous All Stars captain Preston Campbell with New Zealand captain Benji Marshall and Australian representative Johnathan Thurston. The first ever National Rugby League All Stars game will kick-off the 2010 Rugby League season with a unique celebration of Rugby League?s diversity and of its role in the community.

NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, today joined Kiwi captain Benji Marshall, 2008 Ken Stephen Medal winner Preston Campbell, Australian halfback Johnathan Thurston and Rugby League Indigenous Council Chairman Smiley Johnson to launch the first ever Indigenous All Stars v NRL All Stars team at the Gold Coast?s Skilled Park on February 13, 2010.

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd also sent his message of support for the match, which will mark the second anniversary of Australia?s apology to the Stolen Generation.

The match will mark the first time that the public will actually select teams and will see Dragons coach Wayne Bennett in charge of the All Stars side with the Cowboys? Neil Henry coaching the Indigenous team.

?This is shaping up as one of the most spectacular showcases of playing talent the game has seen,? Mr Gallop said.

?Stars from every club will be represented in an atmosphere that will be unlike anything we have seen before.?

The All Stars concept was born from the passion of Ken Stephen Medal winner Preston Campbell, who wanted to build on the emotion that surrounded the Dream Time team that he captained during the Centenary World Cup opening ceremony.

?It meant a lot to all of us,? he said.

?The boys enjoyed playing together but the recognition and pride it brought to Indigenous communities was what really made it special.

?This match is a chance to bring everyone in the game even closer and it will be a lot of fun.?

Prime Minister Rudd said the All Stars game was a perfect way to capture the spirit of his apology to the Stolen Generation:

?The match reflects the way we can all work together to provide inspiration and opportunity in the years ahead.

?It is a celebration that should engage not only every Rugby League fan but the entire community.?

Proceeds from the All Stars game will be managed through Rugby League?s One Community programme and will directly target grass-roots Indigenous activities.

Mr Gallop added that the match reflected a game-wide commitment to celebrating the role of Indigenous athletes and of Rugby League?s community programmes:

?This game has attracted support from the Queensland Government and is the result of the enthusiasm and commitment of the NRL?s 16 clubs and the players who will represent them.

?Players will have the chance to really showcase their skills in the match and over a week of activities that will demonstrate how far Rugby League reaches into the community and of the important role it plays.

?And the fans will have the chance to decide which players they want to see play.

?All 16 clubs will be a part of Community Carnival activity in the lead-up to the match.

?The Community Carnival has formed an incredible tradition in Rugby League and the All Stars game will add an entirely new dimension.?

Details of how the public can vote for teams will be unveiled in coming weeks.

The All Stars sides will each boast 20-man squads, with 16 positions voted by the public through www.nrl.com.

The Rugby League Indigenous Council will select four of its team positions and, in recognition of his service to the Indigenous community and his passion for the Indigenous All Stars concept, Preston Campbell has been named ahead of an array of Premiership talent as the first player chosen and captain.

The public will decide 16 players with no restriction on which club the players are from, after which the Indigenous Council will announce its three remaining nominations to complete the 20-man squad.

The NRL All Stars team will include the Kangaroos Captain and Vice-Captain and the New Zealand Captain and Vice-Captain with the remaining 16 positions determined by the public vote. The prerequisite for the NRL All Stars is that one player from each NRL team must feature in the 16 voted by the public.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

I am really loving that this is now official and we are seeing some real details come out. This is really going to happen! Tnank you! A new arena of rugby league and one with heart and meaning.

I hope NRL members get a priority purchase period. Tickets for this would be popular.

The best part of this, much like Origins and Finals, is that in some ways the best part isn't just the match but the fun and build up. This build up will be enhanced through the voting, speculation and debate.

Not just great for the Dreamtime v All-Stars game, but great for rugby league. It would do well, awakening everyone's hunger for rugby league at the very begining of the season.

And this will be Preston Campbell's lasting legacy to his people and his game. Well done Preston, this is big!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    And this will be Preston Campbell's lasting legacy to his people and his game. Well done Preston, this is big!

and gives even more good reason for the Preston Statue i want put up outside the satadium one day (after his retirement)

A model player and person.....

does so much for his people, as well as being involved in getting this game started......

First Annual Indigenous NRL event @ Skilled Park.....
    it just begs for a statue.....lol

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Campbell's concept an All Stars reality

GOLD Coast Titans livewire Preston Campbell will captain the Indigenous All Stars for the historic clash against the NRL All Stars to kick off season 2010 at Skilled Park.

NRL chief executive David Gallop yesterday joined New Zealand captain Benji Marshall, Australia halfback Johnathan Thurston and Campbell at Robina to launch the highly-anticipated match on the Gold Coast on February 13.

The All Stars concept was born from the passion of Campbell, who first floated the idea to Titans managing director Michael Searle after captaining the Dream Time team at the World Cup opening ceremony last year.

"I just looked at how successful it was last year in the World Cup opener and how proud I was to play in an indigenous side," said Campbell.

"It meant a lot to all of us.

"The boys enjoyed playing together but the recognition and pride it brought to indigenous communities was what really made it special.

"I was champing at the bit to try to get another game like that and this one will be even better."

St George Illawarra coach Wayne Bennett will be in charge of the NRL side, with North Queensland Cowboys boss Neil Henry coaching the Indigenous All Stars.

Gallop said the game would coincide with the second anniversary of Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's apology to the stolen generation.

"It will be great that rugby league will be involved in continuing to remember that very important day," he said.

Proceeds from the All Stars game will be managed through Rugby League's One Community program, and will directly target grass-roots indigenous activities.

"It is more than just a game to me," said Campbell. "We are going to be able to give back to the community."

The match will mark the first time the public will select teams. The All Stars sides will each boast 20-man squads.

The Rugby League Indigenous Council will select four of its team positions, with Campbell already named as captain, and the public will decide the other 16 players.

The NRL All Stars team will include the Kangaroos captain and vice-captain and the NZ captain and vice-captain with the remaining 16 positions determined by the public vote.

GThe prerequisite for the NRL All Stars is that one player from each NRL team must feature in the 16 voted by the public.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...st-titans.html

If they could of had it any other day than that one.... **%@#^&**(%

I leave for Hawaii that day. Can someone record it for me.

Indigenous All Stars nominees announced

Members of the Australian Kangaroos today joined NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, and ARL Indigenous Council Chairman, Mr William ?Smiley? Johnstone, to announce players who are eligible for inclusion in the inaugural Indigenous All Stars team.

Today was also the official unveiling of the team logo and jersey artwork for the Indigenous All Stars.

The Indigenous All Stars side will come together against an opposing NRL All Stars team at the first game of its kind taking place at Skilled Park on February 13, 2010 ? this date also marks the second anniversary of Australia?s apology to the Stolen Generation.

VB Kangaroos captain Darren Lockyer, as well as Australian VB Kangaroos Indigenous players Johnathan Thurston, Greg Inglis, Sam Thaiday and Justin Hodges, were present as the nominated players were announced.

The ARL Indigenous Council in cooperation with the 16 NRL Clubs has determined a list of all players who are eligible for consideration in the team. It is now up to the official selectors of the game - the fans, to choose the side who will take the field in February next year.

A list of nominated players eligible for the Indigenous All Stars can be viewed here

Public voting for the Indigenous All Stars opens on October 24, 2009 through www.nrl.com. The fans are being asked to select 16 Indigenous players.

They will be under the leadership of Ken Stephen Award winner Preston Campbell and will be joined by an additional three players who will be chosen by the ARL Indigenous Council selectors and Indigenous All Stars coach Neil Henry to form the 20-man squad.

Fans have less than a month to cast their vote for the Indigenous All Stars with voting officially closing on Sunday, November 15, 2009.

ARL Indigenous Council Chairman, Smiley Johnstone, said: ?The players nominated today represent some of the best athletes in the game.

?The talent on the field on February 13, 2010 will be something that has never been seen before in a single game of Rugby League. The significance of this game extends beyond the physical contest, it is an acknowledgement to the phenomenal contribution the Indigenous community has made to the game.

?We are all eagerly anticipating just who the fans will choose to be a part of this inaugural side.

A week of community activity in the lead up to the game will demonstrate Rugby League?s reach into the grassroots community ? particularly into regional and remote Australia.?

The official logo design and jersey artwork for the Indigenous All Stars team were also revealed today. The ARL Indigenous Council and the Diversity Council Australia commissioned six artists for tender and received submissions of the highest standard.

From these submissions former Rugby League star Sid Domic has been chosen as the successful artist. Domic played the game for more than a decade representing the Brisbane Broncos and Penrith Panthers in Australia and the Warrington Wolves, Wakefield Trinity Wildcats and Hull FC in the English Super League.

Domic was first taught how to paint by his grandmother and since retiring from the game has established himself as a talented Indigenous artist, exhibiting his work internationally.

Domic?s designs have drawn inspiration from colours that represent the earth, sun and water. The logo and jersey artwork incorporates boomerangs, the Southern Cross and symbolic elements representing the coming together of cultures and communities.

?It is a great honour to have my designs worn on the field by a team that is representing my people,? said Sid Domic. ?Seeing Preston lead a group of the game?s best players in my designs will be one of the highlights of my artistic career. I am so proud of my Indigenous heritage and this game is destined to become a highlight on the annual Rugby League calendar.?

Voting for the NRL All Stars side will take place throughout January 2010. The NRL All Stars team will include the Kangaroos Captain Darren Lockyer and Vice-Captain Cameron Smith and the New Zealand Captain Benji Marshall and Vice-Captain Adam Blair, with the remaining 16 positions determined by the public vote. The pre-requisite for the NRL All Stars is that one player from each NRL team must feature in the 16 voted by the public.

NRL All Stars v Indigenous All Stars Ticket Information

General public tickets for the game go on sale at 9am Monday, October 26, 2009.

NRL Club members are entitled to an exclusive pre-purchase ticket offer from 9am Wednesday, October 21, 2009. MyNRL members are can pre-purchase tickets from 9am Thursday, October 22, 2009. Anyone can become a MyNRL member for free by registering at www.nrl.com.

Tickets are available through Ticketek on 132 849, at Ticketek outlets or online at www.ticketek.com.au. New Zealand customers can call 0800 842 538 or +61 132 849.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au