Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default ALL STARS GAME: Titans

Had a great night out at the All Stars game.

I could really feel the horrible taste of a wasted summer watching the pathetic Paki's and woeful West Indians getting routinely humiliated being washed from my mouth as the footy unfolded.

I expected to see plenty of run and giggle last night with chip kicks and flick passes galore but it really was a high intensity match and it gave us a good barometer on a few of our players.

Preston and Princey had nothing to prove last night (from a form perspective at least...) we know what we are going to get from them every week. I have to say however, that I enjoyed the game a lot more when Prince was benched because my heart was in my mouth every time he got involved. That pommie Burgess nearly ended our season in February by going for Princey's legs on his kick from the first set!!

But our other 2 All Stars have plenty to prove:

BULL BAILEY: He ended last season in pretty aawful form. He was working hard but he was completely incapable of bending even the weakest of defensive lines. My mail is that he was playing hurt, that his arm never completely healed after the incident in the Dragons game. He looked good last night. He looked strong and fast and hopefully he can get back to the sort of form he showed in the first couple of months of 2008.

BIRD: He was exceptional. He really played like a man with a point to prove, and prove it he did. He put his shoulders into tackles, he ran strongly and he offloaded in traffic. The highlight of the night for me was the hit he put on someone (not sure who...) one pass off the base of the scrum.

If we can get him and Taga on the field at the same time we might finally be able to compete with the big guns physically. Our team has always been full of players you would describe as 'exciting', 'skillful' or 'hard working'. This year we might finally have some players who can be described as 'tough' or 'intimidating'.

Exciting times ahead...

prince and presto were back to them old self's
    bird n bailey didnt do anything outstanding, but both put in an great effort

also just wanted to say how good was jennings looking hehe

Banned

i would have prefered mead or gordan in the all stars instead of BULL

Banned

i would have preffered mead or gordan in the all stars instead of BULL

yeh but, u goto think that its the whole nrl fan base voting, and not many of them know wat mead and gordan can do just yet
    would of been out of bull and rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    prince and presto were back to them old self's
    bird n bailey didnt do anything outstanding, but both put in an great effort

also just wanted to say how good was jennings looking hehe
    Did u actually watch the game ???
    The only player who played better was Burgess & Jennings was looking awesome untill Soward made him look very slow
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior Titan quinn loves titans's Avatar

i know every titans player did awesome we had about 20 percent of titans on field at one stage

Can we please sign Sam Burgess somehow!?

He was great, and has an awesome accent

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Did u actually watch the game ???
    The only player who played better was Burgess & Jennings was looking awesome untill Soward made him look very slow
    In the game I watched, Bird was in almost every set of six in attack and defence - Made plenty of quality tackles and meters. I bet Cronulla fans are starting to feel sick already......
    Bailey did plenty for the Nrl All Stars, made 114mts and 22 tackles. Watmough was just as good, but only Burgess was considerably better than Bailey.
    Good start to the season for Bailey, Bird, Prince and Campbell - I hope they can carry their momentum into the season and kick us off ontop of the ladder again.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Still don't know what Presto was doing after that intercept. Maybe looking for support that wasn't coming, and while he was run down, he could have made a few more metres.

Bull played big minutes and he was strong with the ball.

He did not even look like the same player as the end of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Still don't know what Presto was doing after that intercept. Maybe looking for support that wasn't coming, and while he was run down, he could have made a few more metres.
    That was funny he stopped as quick as he took off
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior Titan quinn loves titans's Avatar

lol hayne wood have knocked him down probably made morer metres than he would of

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    i think it was more of a realisation of a stuff up....he could have teared away and set up a brilliant try, but video ref would have ruled him offside, so better to take a tackle and try and get there in the next tackle......
    Last edited by GCT_89; 16-02-10 at 01:01 AM.

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Great post Karnage!

I agree Bird played well.

I thought Preston and Prince were in great form. Also thought Bailey played well. I think Bull is in for a good season, he looks very fit.

A good success for the Titans contigent.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER