Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Titans dug out

Carty, Gilly and the brains trust watch play.

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Although I dont think too many Titans members made the journey.
    I made the trip. I was going to give you a call to see where you guys were sitting, but I used all the battery on my phone trying to work out how to get there.

Great win!
    I ended up in bed early, but Mat Rogers was tweeting updates, sounded like Tomane had a ripper. Like Mat said, you don't get points for winning in February, but it's always good to win.

Junior Titan quinn loves titans's Avatar

sure is defines season but this wasnt really a trial have to wait till rabbitohs btw poor cronulla 2 their players got injured

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    I made the trip. I was going to give you a call to see where you guys were sitting, but I used all the battery on my phone trying to work out how to get there.
    Ah damn. Would have been great to catch up. Next time! Great to know that you made it though!

I saw Mat Rogers, Brad Meyers and Mini there watching the team play. I'll have to go read Mat's tweets!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by quinn loves titans View Post
    sure is defines season but this wasnt really a trial have to wait till rabbitohs btw poor cronulla 2 their players got injured
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Junior

Really good mate! I was impressed, the blue swords comes through great. Hopefully we can make the new away jersey a frequent winner in 2010.

Highlights of the night were also meeting Timor and seeing Matt from the Southern Legion once again. The iconic fan who went bisserk post Roosters v Titans win at Gosford when we scored in the last moment with Chris Walker. Great to see him up this side of the border and he'll be at tomorrow's All Stars as well.

Also invited Timor 2 to join us in the Legion when he can get to a game this season. Be great to introduce you to the crew timor!

A healthy crowd was there, maybe a bit smaller than the one we saw at the Titans vs Raiders 2008 Trial. Titans definitely had the majority of support. Although I dont think too many Titans members made the journey. Which is understandable considering the timing and focus on the All Stars. Our numbers were boosted by the many local Titans fans from the Ipswich region. The crowd seemed to be very knowledgable with a few of them helping me with game info during the game.

Time to turn in and recharge for the All Stars! Nothing like a game of rugby league to get you revved up for 2010.

Say what you will about the bearing of the game, but it's great for the fans to have a win. And any win against the maroon and gold is welcome! Pride in the jersey!
    Hi Brad it was great to catch up and meet youeself and Matt from Southern legions. mate i hope to make it to a game on the coast this year and it would be good to meet the other members. mate have fun tonight at the all stars game.

Cheers Sean

Ah damn. Would have been great to catch up. Next time! Great to know that you made it though!

I saw Mat Rogers, Brad Meyers and Mini there watching the team play. I'll have to go read Mat's tweets!
    I saw Tonga, Gordon, Harrison and Friend wandering around. It's good to see so many of them make the trip up to support the team.

Quite a few of them looked a lot bigger than I remember. Walsh and James looked huge!

Tomane impresses as Gold Coast Titans thrashes Brisbane Broncos

Melbourne Storm signing Joseph Tomane scored two tries and kicked two goals for Gold Coast Titans in their 52-0 thrashing of the Brisbane Broncos.

Tomane, also set up a try for dynamic fullback Shannon Walker who showed touches of brilliance.

Walker finished with a brace of tries, his second an 80-metre effort against the run of play after he brilliantly fielded a short kick by Lachlan Maranta.

A former schoolboy rugby union star, New Zealand-born Tomane played right wing and was rested for the final quarter of the one-sided contest.

Broncos fielded a much younger side than the Titans who were led by prop Matt White with Sydney Roosters signing Riley Brown also providing NRL experience in the rucks, and finishing with a try in his debut for the club.

Gold Coast led 24-0 at half-time with halfback Jordan Rankin crossing for a try as well as causing plenty of headaches with his passing and kicking game.

Broncos forwards Ben Te'o and Josh McGuire brought off several memorable big hits. Otherwise the Titans' forwards did as they pleased with giant 18-year-old Ryan James scoring a block busting try.

Former New Zealand international Clinton Toopi, who is playing for a contract at the Titans, had a quiet night in the centres and his hands let him down several times.

The only casualty was Broncos forward Korbin Sims who suffered a leg injury just before half-time.

English forward Mark Flanagan scored two tries on debut for Wests Tigers in their 28-4 win over North Queensland Cowboys in muddy conditions in Mackay on Friday night.

The Cowboys led 4-0 at halftime but the Tigers scored 18 points in the third quarter with Daniel Fitzhenry prominent out of dummy half and halfback, Blake Lazarus also causing plenty of headaches.

Fitzhenry, who has returned to Sydney after a stint in England with Hull KR, is seen as the back-up hooker to Test star Robbie Farah.

Lazarus is a nephew of former Test prop Glenn Lazarus and Friday night's game was only his third in two years after a shocking run with injury.

Halfback Ray Thompson was the Cowboys player of the match.

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au

wot dissapointed me was rankins kicking game and toopi wat happened but when we went to tomane we were all good

Banned

i wish toopi had a better game, 2 trials left to prove himself. at the moment i would put tomane and rogers at centres.

Axe backs young Titans

AS the Gold Coast Titans pushed through the energy sapping humidity at the Briggs Road Sporting Complex yesterday, assistant coach Trevor Gillmeister was able to smile.

Partly because the former Ipswich Jets coach liked what he has seen from the squad in its time in Ipswich, and partly because he wasn?t one of them.

?I?m reluctant to get too carried away but we have more depth than last year,? Gillmeister said, expressing his thoughts on how the Titan?s squad is shaping up.

?Touch wood, injury wise we have good competition for spots.?

The Titans came through Friday?s trials at Briggs Road unscathed, beating a senior Broncos squad 52-0.

?The best thing is they got a bit of match fitness and no injuries and we kept them to nil,? Gillmeister said.

?In the first couple of months of the season defence is the key.

?It?s the key for most of the year but it takes a while for your attack to get going.?

Most of the senior Titans squad on Friday were fringe first graders and some of them moved up the pecking order with strong performances.

?Quite a few of the blokes, like Riley Brown, impressed,? Gillmeister said.

?Shannon Walker impressed me.

?He got more involved and has put on about six or seven kilograms. Joseph Tomane was another.

?For a bloke like Ben Ridge, it was his first game back after a broken leg so he should only get better and better.?

Gilmeister also had words of encouragement for Boonah?s utility player Marshall Chalk.

?Luke O?Dwyer probably won?t play until round 10 and he is very much our utility,? the Queensland State of Origin legend said.

?So there are blokes (like Chalk) in the running for that spot.

?That is something Carty (Titans coach John Cartwright) has to think about.?

Gillmeister was also impressed with what he saw in the Friday evening?s early trial, in which the Ipswich Jets beat the Titans under-20s 40-6.

?There were a couple of good young kids running around,? the man known as ?The Axe? said.

?I don?t want to put too much of a mocker on them but I think they should have a good season.?

Gillmeister is enjoying his role as sounding board between Cartwright and Jets coach Glenn Lazarus.

?It is going to help Carty heaps,? he said.

?He was stretched last year doing both roles.

?For blokes coming back from (the Titans) to (the Jets) I can sit down with them and show them what they need to improve on.?

Source: http://www.qt.com.au

SO MUCH DEPTH. Come on under 20's lol, cant wait to pick up moses.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn loves titans View Post
    SO MUCH DEPTH. Come on under 20's lol, cant wait to pick up moses.
    so much optimism, flogged by cowboys

Junior Titan

This guy is my homie!!