broncs team

todd murphy
    t brookes
    j williams
    6 j kahu
    7 l frisby

etc etc

Banned

i thought jordan kahu signed to the tigers?

Timor 2 tells me he rang the Ipswich Leagues Club and they said that gates open at 4pm Friday. Thanks for that info mate!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Aaron Whitchurch named for Broncos

Game on ... Aaron Whitchurch will lace up his boots for the Broncos against the Titans.

DELANEYS Creek native Aaron Whitchurch has been included in a Broncos outfit to play the Gold Coast Titans tomorrow night.

Two Broncos second-string sides will be in action this weekend.
    The sides will be without most of the big-name NRL stars, including Darren Lockyer, Israel Folau and Nick Kenny.

Whitchurch, a former Stanley Rivers junior who has been a Broncos development player for some years, has been named on the interchange bench for the Broncos? match against the Titans at Briggs Rd, Ipswich.
    The strongly built outside back played for the Australian schoolboys? side last year.

Former Redcliffe High student Josh McGuire, who played NRL for the Broncos in 2009 and Bribie Island Warrigals product Matt Gillett, are also in the side, as are Redcliffe-aligned youngsters Todd Murphy, Dane Gagai, Tennyson Elliott and James Ackerman.

Gillett, who left Bribie in 2008 to pursue his NRL dream with Norths, has been named to start at lock. That side will be coached by Matt Wood, who coached Redcliffe?s colts in 2006 and 2007.

There are also plenty of familiar faces in the other Broncos trial team, which plays Melbourne Storm in Rockhampton on Saturday.

Fullback Josh Hoffman, winger Mitch Rivett and forwards Matt Britt and Michael Spence are all in the 23-player squad.

The Broncos side will be under the guidance of new Broncos assistant, and former Dolphins Queensland Cup coach, Anthony Griffin.

Hoffman, Rivett and Spence all played for Redcliffe last season, while Britt has been picked up by Brisbane from the Canberra Raiders under-20s and will play for the Dolphins when not required at Red Hill.

Source: http://caboolture-shire-herald.whereilive.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I just hope they have enough ambo's on standby for the destruction toopi will cause if he hits some of these younger players with full force!!!!

The Titans will take a 20-man squad into the trial against Brisbane after young prop Ronnie Alovili was ruled out with a shoulder injury.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Moses to debut in centres

THE Ipswich Jets hope man mountain Moses Manu will become another Mal Meninga when he debuts at centre in tonight?s trial against the Gold Coast Titans U20s.

The 193cm, 110kg former prop will arguably be rugby league?s biggest outside back and Jets coach Glenn Lazarus said he would cause havoc against the young Titans at the Briggs Road Sporting Complex.

?He?s our answer to Mal Meninga, but he?s probably bigger than Mal,? Lazarus said.

?He?s not a boofhead prop. He?s got beautiful hands and he?s just as fast as our other outside backs.?

Manu, a former gridiron star for American college Kansas State University, has been training at centre for the past month.

Lazarus said he would be used in a similar vein to how the Broncos played NRL star Dave Taylor late last season.

?During the season he may revert back to the forwards for some games, but even then he will be roaming out wide just like Taylor did for the Broncos,? Lazarus said.

When Titans coach John Cartwright visited the Ipswich Jets on Monday, Lazarus mentioned Manu as one to watch.

?He?s a long way off the NRL but Cartwright will be keeping an eye on him and later this year you never know, but he?s not at that level yet,? Lazarus said.

The Jets vs Titans game begins at 5.30pm. It will be followed at 7.30pm by the Titans senior players facing a Broncos side that includes Lagi Setu, Ben Te?o and young star Alex Glenn.

The Titans side features several Jets players ? Jacob Ling, AJ Gilbert, Marshall Chalk and Warren Schillings alongside NRL regulars Sam Tagataese and Matthew White.

Manu said tonight?s trial would show him how well he had adapted to centre.

Riverview-based Setu was stoked to play a game in his home city.

?The boys have been joking all week that half the crowd will be made up of my family,? Setu said.

?I haven?t played in Ipswich since I was 13 so I?m heaps excited.?

Ian Lacey and Danny Coburn will not play for the Jets tonight as Lazarus looks to give his untried players a chance to impress.

The Queensland Cup season kicks off on March 13 when the Jets face Easts Tigers.

TONIGHT?S teams at RACEVIEW

Ipswich Jets v Gold Coast Titans U20?s, Briggs Rd, 5.30pm

Jets: Luke Walker, James Furminger, Brendon Marshall, Moses Manu, Jarrod McInally, Todd Riggs (C), Paul Mennell, Ryan Barton, Michael Fisher, Taikaha Brown, Cameron Woo, Tyson Lofipo, Villi Fainga?a. Interchange: Adam Boettcher, Ramone Fillipine, Diego Coydre, Smith Samau, Callum Waldrum, Kieron Lander.

Gold Coast Titans U20?s: TBA.

Gold Coast Titans vs Brisbane Broncos, Briggs Rd, 7.30pm

Titans: Shannon Walker, Joseph Tomane, Sam Tagataese, Clinton Toopi, Jordan Atkins, Jamie Dowling, Jordan Rankin, Matthew White, Riley Brown, Selasi Berdie, Bodene Thompson, Will Matthews, Ryan Simpkins, Ryan James, Dominic Walsh, Ronnie Alovili, Marshall Chalk, Ben Ridge, Warren Schillings, AJ Gilbert, Jacob Ling.

Broncos: Todd Murphy, Tyson Brookes, Josh Williams, Alex Glenn, Dane Gagai, Jordan Kahu, Louis Frisby, Ben Faulkner, Tennyson Elliott, Josh McGuire, Ben Te?o, Lagi Setu, Matt Gillett. Interchange: James Ackerman, Ryan Hansen, Nathaniel Peteru, Korbin Sims, Mitchell Frei, Lachlan Maranta, Chris Binge, Benn Malley, Aaron Whitchurch.

Source: http://www.qt.com.au

Heading to the game now. I'll post score updates!

Awesome thanks brad, i am very keen to see how Tomane, Toopi, Chalk go

I think Rankin is about an inch taller then last year also, looking more like a 5/8 all the time, he is a nice guy hope he plays well
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    i thought jordan kahu signed to the tigers?
    supposedly, yes, but has ended up at the broncs

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Heading to the game now. I'll post score updates!
    i'd imagine brisbane will win this trial if at all serious about it.
    first grade depth seems to be a weak point in titans history and their juniors are certainly below the standard of the young broncs.

Broadcasting live from the Titans vs Broncos trial game in Ipswich. Half time in NYC, Ipswich Jets 8 Titans NYC 6. Titans wearing away strip and it looks amazing. No major sponsor. More soon.

Titans are fielding a new team in the second half. Game us also being played in quarters. Jets remain unchanged.

Caught up with Timor and his family from the forum. And Matt from the Southern Legion will be here soon!

Jets score on 3/4 time in curtain raiser. 24 to 6