Michael Caton lends voice to Titans cause

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...st-titans.html

Kerryn Anker | January 5th, 2010

MUCH-loved Australian actor Michael Caton is firing up an army of followers, as the Gold Coast Titans' biggest celebrity fan.

Caton's love for holidaying on the Coast drew him to the Titans' 2010 television campaign, which features his voice-over.

The commercial first played on Foxtel on Christmas Day and is soon to be scheduled with Channel Nine in the lead-up to the 2010 season.

Incorporating messages of passion and pride, Titans production unit manager Jason Sintome said the commercial took three days to shoot and two days to edit.

He said the commercial was designed by the club's production and marketing departments in partnership with John Palmer and the team at Castle Media.
Gold Coast Titans news and photo galleries
Have your say on the feedback form below

"The key message during workshopping of the 2010 television commercial was that it's better at the game and also that the game day experience starts well before you walk through the gates at Skilled Park," he said.

"A day out at a Titans home game is much more than just a footy game, it's the passion, the excitement, preparation, and the individual journeys our members and supporters have been making for the past three years since we launched in the NRL.

"The stars of this year's commercial are real fans, and the various sequences depict their very different game day pilgrimages."

Mr Sintome said Mr Caton was a real fan of the Titans, with family on the Coast attending games regularly.

"Michael was kind enough to record his voice-over during his Christmas break on the Gold Coast and it's fair to say his distinctive sound gives it a definite edge," he said.
Check out the ad here, unless you are on a Mac like me, and it won't work .

Also, heard this afternoon through my personal trainer that some lady knocked Prince off his motorbike in front of the gym. No idea if it's true or not. I'd imagine it will make the paper tomorrow if it is. Apparently he was limping a bit and not very impressed. Hope it's not true or if it is, he's ok. Anyone else hear anything about this?