Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default NRL Membership numbers

Broncos take the lead in Membership challenge

Whilst the kick off to the 2010 Telstra Premiership season is still over three months away, the race to prove which club has the most members is well under way.

Whilst the Queensland contingent of the Broncos and Cowboys are currently in the top two positions, Sydney clubs the Rabbitohs, Eels and Bulldogs fans have started to take the next step and become a ticketed member of their club.

With all clubs being set the challenge to at least improve on their 2009 levels, Grand Finalist the Parramatta Eels have already smashed their target, and are setting their sights on being the first NSW club to reach the 10,000 ticketed member mark.

To find out more about becoming a member of your club click here

Note: The figures displayed above are correct as of Thursday December 10, 2009. Membership numbers only include those members who have a ticketed membership and is not reflective of the total membership figures of the clubs.

Source: http://www.nrl.com
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Back your team - NRL chase 10,000

BEFORE a try has been scored, Parramatta have landed the first blow of the 2010 season.

The Eels have attracted 5150 ticketed members for next season, compared with their 2009 tally of 3704. Only Souths have locked in more ticketed members for next season, with clubs racing to break the 10,000-mark.

Rugby league trails the AFL in memberships, but the NRL's race to 10,000 plans to end that. The NRL will give $50,000 to the first club that reaches the membership landmark. A further $10,000 will be given to the club that has the biggest percentage increase in total membership numbers, with the NRL challenging fans in Sydney to take their support to a new level - like the Page family.

The Northern Beaches family of seven have three generations of Manly supporters living inside the burgundy and silver walls of their Frenchs Forest home - and all are ticketed members of their beloved Sea Eagles.

Five members of the family have been ticketed members for 14 years, while the other two, Ella Kasmar, 10, and Noah Kasmar, 6, have been members since they were five.

Family patriarch Bryan Page met his wife Jan on the hill at Brookvale Oval, where he has watched Manly play for more than 50 years. His daughter, Debra Kasmar, has watched the Sea Eagles play since she was five and said she enjoyed watching from her own seat even more than from the Brookvale hill.

"We love being members because you're putting back into the team,'' she said. "It makes you feel really proud to be helping your team and, let's face it, a lot of clubs don't have a lot of money.''

Memberships include tickets to at least three home games a season and come with a stack of exclusive benefits, including one-on-one time with players at most clubs. The Kasmar family went to every Sea Eagles game at Brookvale in 2009 and made road trips to Melbourne and the Gold Coast.

That is the kind of dedication NRL chief executive David Gallop is looking for from fans."Most clubs are well on their way to surpassing last season's record membership base and the Race to 10,000 promotion gives fans a great reason to renew or sign up for a ticketed membership now,'' Gallop said.

"Members are the cornerstone of every club and the game, with feedback from last month's NRL club members' forum indicating there's a real sense of excitement about the 2010 season.''

Source: Daily Telegraph

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Titans First Grader

The Eels are on for the 10k, great reward for all the hard work the club has done.

Quote Originally Posted by ~lee~ View Post
    The Eels are on for the 10k, great reward for all the hard work the club has done.
    Yea should be the other way around though. 50k to the biggest % increase.

About time we got some sort of consistant and uniform gauge. This is boht a great marketing tool to encourage fans to be loyal and competitive against each other and also to well... shame the clubs that don't value membership enough.

I'll keep this thread updated with the latest numbers.

Parramatta are burning it up but having attended the Grand Final I have to say I was disappointed from what I saw of their effort to sign members. One small and misplaced tent with little signage.

Storm are nuts for not selling memberships months ago. They had a Premiership and the new stadium coming online.

Cant blame the Dragons fans for being a bit shy, but they'll come good.

Have to admit...... that Bronco s membership ad is brilliant.

Come on Titans....... lets see what our marketing guru s can come up with.

Here's to 2015

i still havnt renewned mine yet due to lack of finances... will do it in the new year
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Me either but will in new year so add another 2 to the list
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Big movements in Membership Challenge

The Bulldogs, Dragons and Warriors have all been the big movers in the second week of the NRL Membership Challenge, each signing up over 900 new ticketed members since last week.

The Bulldogs and Dragons, who were both late starters to the 2010 Membership game, have enjoyed unprecedented demand in the lead up to Christmas, and are not only well placed to beat their 2009 Ticketed Membership totals, but also are well in the hunt for the race to 10,000 between all the NSW clubs.

South Sydney moved into the top two, overtaking the Cowboys, with a steady week of growth, whilst the Knights and Sharks are closing in on their 2009 totals already.

Interested in helping your club? Sign up for a 2010 NRL Club Membership today! Click here to find out more! or call 1300 NRL NRL (1300 675 675)

Note: These figures only include Ticketed Club Membership figures for the sixteen Telstra Premiership clubs. They are not reflective of the total Membership Numbers of the clubs. Ticketed membership figures are correct as of Thursday, December 17.

The next update will be in Mid-January 2010

Dragons enjoy membership surge over Holiday period

A late membership launch hasn?t stopped the St George-Illawarra Dragons in their quest to become the first New South Wales club to reach 10,000 ticketed club members, with the minor premiers performing the strongest over the holiday period.

Whilst frontrunners, the South Sydney Rabbitohs continued to tick over during the Christmas break, reaching the 8,000 mark early in the new year, the Dragons have enjoyed a strong rush of renewals putting them within 600 members of their biggest challengers.

Fellow contenders and dark horses in the NSW club race to 10,000, the Bulldogs, became only the second club to eclipse their 2009 ticketed membership total and overtaking the Eels for the first time. The initiate to have members names embedded onto their round 1 jersey has proven to be popular at Cronulla, with the Sharks only 200-odd memberships off their 2009 total.

Outside of NSW, the Broncos have continued to show themselves as the leagues? benchmark for ticketed members, with over 10,500 members signed up at the start of the year, whilst the Cowboys, Titans and Warriors all enjoyed some growth. The Melbourne Storm will be on sale from February 1st.

Join your club for season 2010, become an NRL Club Member today by clicking here

This list is current as of 19/01/2010
    Please Note: The numbers in this list are reflective of the total ticketed club membership numbers for each of the 16 Telstra Premiership clubs. They do not include any non-ticketed, regional or interstate memberships clubs may offer.

I got mine the other day, 2 more to that list, still very low for us i believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

I would like to get a membership but at the moment i seem to be working during the night and it's mostly on a friday, saturday and sunday night. I grabbed a membership from from the titans shop on saturday but am still not sure of what I'll be doing.

The latest NRL Club Members figures.

Wow! Surpised at the Sharks!......and disappointed in the Titans. Normally human nature would see people jumping onto winners so I am unsure why Titans would be only 66% and good on the Sharks at 117%. Early days I know so hopefully things will improve shortly.

i.e. daveyk, get your bloody membership!

Yea Shamus I agree, the Sharks and their loyal fans certainly deserve a big pat on the back. Any other fanbase could have seen that club sink but they are turning around at a rapid pace.

Come on Titans fans get those renewals in! It's nearly footy season.

thanks shamus... its #1 on my list of priorities, actually its the only thing on the list at the moment. everything else is on hold until i have it..
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .