Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I'm there dent guy. Haha it's a wonder we havnt met
    I've been to the last 4 Sportsman lunch that Chalky has put on...have u been to any ?
    #itaintweaktospeak

Banned

don't we get like 200k for minor premiership? that would be a nice boost

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I've been to the last 4 Sportsman lunch that Chalky has put on...have u been to any ?
    No I havnt but have asked Steve to put me in the list. They said last week they were going up tonight.

I only see them once every couple of months as I am more up the northern end of town
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

No I havnt but have asked Steve to put me in the list. They said last week they were going up tonight.

I only see them once every couple of months as I am more up the northern end of town
    I was supposed to go with them & Chalkys oldman who had organised it but i couldn't take the time off (had to move work shops), i know Ross was keen as he wanted to visit his son but he was still working on Friday so i thought he wasn't going as the rest of them flew up Thursday ...
    #itaintweaktospeak

The game means nothing. Win or lose. 2 weeks time it matters

Titan Pete do you know Steve and Ross?
    lol, lose and it doesn't matter, win and you cant stop cheering, lol

like the false optimism last season when you beat the broncs at skilled.
    who knocked you out in the finals?

Quote Originally Posted by isaiah View Post

How did you go tonight? Did you beat Redcliff?
    Are you a little scared your the third team in Qld?
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by isaiah View Post

Er I think we all realised that they had something like 2million dollars worth of talent on the side line for that match.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

im getting mixed signals from isiah, what is he trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    im getting mixed signals from isiah, what is he trying to say.
    Pretty simple. He is a bronco supporter you have to watch for them they sneak in with the humans

Banned

ahhh i see, yes well they didn't knock us out of the finals anyway, and im pretty dure they will be dominated by us this year with that horrible forward pack plus hunt is gone and hodges is screwed, there only hope is if kahu does really good.

QLD Cup Titan

This is what trial games are all about. A loss will be a nice wake up call before round 1 in two weeks time. Any injury reports though?? Will be interesting to see the team for round 1 when Carty announces it.

Titans fall to Cowboys in Darwin
    Adam Gardini

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have suffered their first loss of the pre-season, going down to the North Queensland Cowboys 22-4 at Richardson Park, Darwin tonight.

The Jetstar Titans had registered strong pre-season wins over the Brisbane Broncos and Souths but were made to pay for too many mistakes in wet conditions tonight in a four-tries-to-one loss.

The Jetstar Titans were in the contest for the majority of the match but conceded three late tries in the final 12 minutes to fall to their first loss of the pre-season.

Before a vocal crowd of almost 8500, both sides struggled with ball control early on before the Cowboys took a 10-nil lead through tries to Luke O'Donnell and John Williams.

The Jetstar Titans were the first to score after the halftime break through winger Kevin Gordon and were back in the armwrestle until O'Donnell scored a second try and winger Michael Bani ran 80m to score in the 78th minute.

NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS 22 (L O?Donnell 2, J Williams, M Bani tries; J Thurston, J Williams 2 goals) defeated the GOLD COAST TITANS 4 (K Gordon try). Crowd: 8500.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Bird under fire for late Thurston hit

A LATE shot by Gold Coast star Greg Bird on North Queensland's Test halfback Johnathan Thurston has left the Titans sweating on the availability of their major recruit.

A shaken-up Thurston was forced from the field at the half-hour mark of his team's trial win.

He was whacked by Bird after offloading the ball in an incident that could attract further investigation from the NRL match review committee. Thurston rolled on the ground in agony as Bird and Cowboys lock Luke O'Donnell, who finished with two tries, exchanged heated words.

In a major relief to the Cowboys, their skipper returned for most of the second half.

Thurston, who is set to pledge his future to the Cowboys on a new three-year deal worth over $2 million, appeared to hurt his back and sternum from the Bird hit but still led his team to a 16-point win.

The Cowboys, who lost prop Carl Webb (calf) before kick-off, showed improvement from their 28-6 trial loss to the Warriors in Cairns a week earlier - building a 10-0 halftime lead in a scrappy affair played in suffocating humidity.

O'Donnell got the ball rolling after a simple one-on-one miss from opposite number Ash Harrison, before winger John Williams beat Ash Graham to slide on a deft grubber for a 10-0 advantage.

Willie Mason ramped up his claims for a first-grade jumper in round one, while Queensland Origin centre Willie Tonga looked dangerous in just his second hitout after off-season shoulder surgery.

With monsoons battering the Northern Territory, the trial was only given the official go-ahead five hours before kick-off, and both teams struggled with the wet ball.

At the 52-minute mark, Titans flyer Kevin Gordon found the tryline but his backline never looked comfortable on the muddy surface

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/

Dominant Cowboys reel in Titans

NORTH Queensland went a long way to winning over Territory league fans with a professional 22-4 win against a lacklustre Gold Coast at Richardson Park last night.

The Cowboys handled the heavy Top End conditions far better than Queensland counterparts the Titans to grind out their first trial victory of the 2010 season much to the delight of coach Neil Henry.

"Overall we're very happy to come away with a win and it's good to get some momentum for Round 1 against the Broncos," Henry said.

"The conditions were heavier than we saw in Cairns, but I thought our defensive commitment was important for getting us over the line."

More than 300 millimetres of rain hit Darwin in the three days leading up to the game and ensured an old fashioned-style wet weather contest.

The Cowboys forward pack laid the foundation for the victory, especially early in the first half and it was little surprise that influential lock Luke O'Donnell was named man-of-the-match.

The NSW and Australian forward opened the scoring when he brushed aside opposite number Ashley Harrison early in the first-half and helped himself to a second try midway through the second.

"Last week I played only 40 minutes, but it was good to have a longer run out there and build up for the Broncos," he said.

"It was never going to be an expansive game especially with the conditions, but we completed our sets and played some smart footy, hopefully the coach will be pretty happy."

In fact Henry was, not only with O'Donnell, but the entire Cowboys forward pack which was hamstrung when enforcer Carl Webb proved a late scratching when he suffered a calf strain in the warm-up.

Boom off-season recruit Willie Mason got 40 minutes, including a solid half an hour burst either side of halftime, impressing Henry.

"Willie ran the ball hard and had some good time out there, but I couldn't single out any of our forwards," he said.

"Young Steve Rapira was good, O'Donnell, (Antonio) Kaufusi, Matty Scott, a few blokes stuck their hands up.

"There's a bit of a dilemma with the forwards for Round 1 because both packs did the job asked of them."

But the game wasn't just about the big men with skipper Johnathan Thurston proving a star attraction.

Thurston was virtually in everything when he was on the park, with his only major worry coming midway through the first-half after being winded by a tackle from Greg Bird.

But Henry said the brilliant halfback was okay.

"JT's all right, he got just a bit winded there and played much of the second half," he said.

That Bird tackle was probably the best thing the Titans five-eighth did all night after a visit to Darwin he would like to forget.

Bird exemplified the Titans' tough night as he fumbled and bumbled his way through the first-half before being benched by coach John Cartwright for the second-half.

Skipper Scott Prince tried hard to create something, while former Kiwi international Clinton Toopi offered brief glimpses of class, but Cartwright has some work ahead to lift the club ahead of their Round 1 clash against the Warriors.

NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS 22 (Luke O'Donnell 2, Michael Bani, John Williams tries, Williams 2, Thurston goals) d GOLD COAST 4 (Kevin Gordon try) at Richardson Park, Darwin.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/

Sounds like we will be without Bird for at least the first round.

While I want us full strength for Rd 1, in a way I hope that he is suspended because I am all for the league protecting playmakers like Thurston, Prince, Cronk, Kimmorely etc. These guys run all the attack and people pay money at the gate to see tries. The longer these types of players stay on the park the better.

Set a precedent so that Princey does not have to put up with late hits, cheap shots etc. For all our talk of increased depth, we still rely on Princey more than any other player...