Titans First Grader goldcoastitans's Avatar

Default Legion in the news headlines again

Well again we are in the news myself, tattsman (Doug) and daveyk (Davey) were asked by channel 9 today about our views over the whole Greg Bird ordeal and im hoping from our news coverage the club will have a long and hard think before signing him.....
    as far as it went

Tattsman - dont say the 2 words G*** B*** and Titans in the same sentence
    Davey and myself - were on the fence

but we did make it pretty clear most fans will be very unhappy

But its just good to see that the news want to know the actual fans side ....finally channel 9 did something right
    BECOME ONE OF US - BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE!

Not really, they will use it as leverage against the Titans and management, and against RL in general.

They always do
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Well done fellas, cause I live in BNE I didn't get to see the broadcast. Thanks for the fill in. We are in the media even in the off season. Good on Nine for looking at some fan opinions and I think that was a pretty fair summary.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

No i saw the final cut on channel 9 6pm news they were pretty sweet with the whole thing ...just saying fans of either Cowboys or Titans would not be happy if Bird played for them

i think we all chose our words carefully when answering as well

Has it allready been broadcasted?
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Nice. Sorry i missed it, they usally turn the story for sensationalism, glad it worked out for you guys

so am i haha ... we will see if they change it up on the late news

Quote Originally Posted by goldcoastitans View Post

but we did make it pretty clear most fans will be very unhappy
    How can the 3 of you speak for "Most Fans" , i'm a supporter who wants to see my team win the Comp but that doesn't mean i need to be mates with the 17 players on the park, we have a couple of players in the team now who i love when their wearing the Titans jersey but i wouldn't give them the time of day away from the game so when Bird does come i'll cheer for him as i would for Presto or Friendy in every match

So i guess i'm not most fans
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    How can the 3 of you speak for "Most Fans" , i'm a supporter who wants to see my team win the Comp but that doesn't mean i need to be mates with the 17 players on the park, we have a couple of players in the team now who i love when their wearing the Titans jersey but i wouldn't give them the time of day away from the game so when Bird does come i'll cheer for him as i would for Presto or Friendy in every match

as i said in the interview with dougie and them we cant talk for every fan all we see is the forum and if you havent read that thread its pretty much in favor of not wanting him ....
    im with you on the if he plays for us ill cheer i mean there is a reason he got chosen to play for Aussie.... but he needs to work on his offside behaviour

and we will lose fans if he does get signed - maybe not the diehards - but other

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post

And we also said there is FANS out there who were happy for the club to sign him we didnt say all fans were unhappy.......

Also im trying to find the video from chennel 9 sumwhere.......

i was asked opinions of other fans and my answer was simply
    "i can not speak for other" which i cant...

everyone has their right to their own opinion and i was only voicing my own...

also said that if mundine wanted to come back to nrl wouldnt mind him in the team although i have met him and cant stand the guy... but i want a premiership...
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

If $BW wanted to come back would u want him at our club after wat he did.......

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

Hell no, i wouldnt want SBW, he can stay right where he is.

But that's just my opinion.

he spends way too much time on the bench due to injury anyway... and the only thing he brings to the field is a shoulder charge
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .