Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Titan

Default 4 Nations Final...

Fascinating game in prospect. For what it's worth, as an England supporter I agree with some of the posts here: I think the Kangaroos look really strong playing an 80-minute hooker, Smith is quality. I think the back row of Gallen, Watmough and Hindmarsh worked very well against us at Wigan, they were beat up but worked their socks off in defence, put in a lot of hard work.

Inglis is a little frightening, and we just don't have a defensive right hand side than can cope with him and Thurston. I'm sure England will be trying to dominate up front and try to starve the outside backs of possession where possible.

I hate to say this, but after 37 years of England / GB failing to beat Aussie in a series, there must even be some of you who'd like us to do the business on Saturday? It would be a real shot in the arm for the international game, which benefits everyone.

I just hope we can hold on to the Kangaroos in that first 20...

Quote Originally Posted by KaeruJim View Post
    I hate to say this, but after 37 years of England / GB failing to beat Aussie in a series, there must even be some of you who'd like us to do the business on Saturday?
    hehe umm nope, you underestimate our love of beating you.

Will be a great game, i think it will blow up early with the Aussie forwards being told to stand up, and the Poms trying to win it there. Expect a massive barny.

Good to see England in the final, hope it is half the match i watched on fox last night the 06 TriNations final(what a game!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Junior Titan

It's set up for a good one mate. I agree, it might suit the Kangaroos to give our boys some stick in the forwards and unsettle them. Discipline will go a long way to determining the winner... there's no doubt Australia are the better side on paper, but the pack just lacks a Tallis, Webcke or a Mason... It's a workmanlike six with the exception of Cameron Smith.

37 years of beating the poor Poms and still not enough... it's like we upset you or something!

Titans First Grader

Does anyone know who the ref is yet? I heard the voting ended in stalemate.

Quote Originally Posted by ~lee~ View Post
    Does anyone know who the ref is yet? I heard the voting ended in stalemate.
    If the Pom gets the nod then Sheens should leave JT out of the team as they don't seem to be to get along very well
    #itaintweaktospeak

Default 4 Nations Final : Australia vs England

Australia vs England

Sunday 15 Nov 5:00am

Australian Kangaroos

TBA

England

TBA
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Here we are, we have made it to the Final! Now we are 80mins away from winning a trophy or 80mins from losing a tournament to the bloody poms.

Should be good, England have been entertaining when they throw the ball around and some of their players have been very good.

There is going to be alot of passion out there on Sunday, in the stands and on the field.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Junior Titan

I just hope for the sake of the game the Aussies don't blast us off the park. Can't wait for the game, hopefully it will be high quality whatever the result.

Junior Titan

Still no decision on the ref, was supposed to be yesterday. This should have been decided before the tournament even began

JT needs to stop talking, he won't get penalised then. Ganson is famous in England for being a disciplinarian, if you get on the wrong side of him you'll pay.

I think Williamson should get it to be honest: England and Australia don't want to play under different interpretations of the rules, the New Zealander has the best chance of striking a balance IMO.

New Zealand match official Leon Williamson will take charge of Saturday?s Gillette Four Nations Final between England and Australia at Elland Road, Leeds.

The 40 year old, who took charge of England versus France and France against Australia earlier in the tournament, will be joined by touch judges Clint Sharrad (England) and Alan Shortall (Australia).

English official Phil Bentham will be the video referee, Thierry Alibert of France the reserve referee and Adam Burns of New Zealand the reserve touch judge.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Aussie Aussie Aussie
    #itaintweaktospeak

Hi everyone, sorry I havent been around much, 2 of my computers died on me.

But rest assured I will be watching the mighty Kangaroos come 5am tomorrow morning.

England: S Briscoe (Hull KR); P Fox (Hull KR), C Bridge (Warrington), M Shenton (Castleford), R Hall (Leeds); S Tomkins (Wigan), K Eastmond (St Helens); A Morley (Warrington), K Sinfield (Leeds), J Graham (St Helens), J Pea**** (Leeds, capt), G Ellis (Wests Tigers), S Burgess (Bradford).

Subs: J Roby (St Helens), E Crabtree (Huddersfield), B Westwood (Warrington), J Wilkin (St Helens).

Australia: B Slater (Melbourne); J Hayne (Parramatta), G Inglis (Melbourne), J Hodges (Brisbane), B Morris (St George Illawarra); D Lockyer (Brisbane, capt), J Thurston (North Queensland); P Civoniceva (Penrith), C Smith (Melbourne), B Hannant (Canterbury), L Lewis (Penrith), P Gallen (Cronulla), N Hindmarsh (Parramatta).

Subs (from): D Shillington (Canberra), S Thaiday (Brisbane), A Watmough (Manly), K Gidley (Newcastle), M Jennings (Penrith), B White (Melbourne).

****, England are over.....
    Aussies went over early, but was called no try....
    6 - 0

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

England nearly went over again, thurston intercept saw Morris score a couple tackles later
    6 - 6

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

This is a top class Test Match with the Aussie's ahead 14-10 at halftime , hopefully the ref doesn't get influenced by the crowd & we have a great 2nd half
    #itaintweaktospeak