Default 4Nations: Australia vs France

Australia vs France
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

France v Australia
    Gillette Four Nations
    Sat 7th Nov KO: 14:30 (GMT) 15:30 (CET)
    Charlety Stadium

Televised on channel 9 from 00:20 early sunday morning.........

this game will feature the Movember logos on the AUS jersey, and hopefully a few players will be sporting the Mo on game day.....

also, watch out for a different looking team with the likes of Brett Morris, Michael Jennings, and Cooper Cronk possibles for this game.....so that others get a rest.

Go the Roos!

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    France v Australia
    Gillette Four Nations
    Sat 7th Nov KO: 14:30 (GMT) 15:30 (CET)
    Charlety Stadium

also, watch out for a different looking team with the likes of Brett Morris, Michael Jennings, and Cooper Cronk possibles for this game.....so that others get a rest.

Go the Roos!
    I think resting players will go against us...we need unity and I think the best side will gain more by playing together as much as they can.

I did hear the two Morris brothers are getting a run together, I'd like to see that...if that is the case, who is out?

Kangaroos coach Tim Sheens defends resting players for clash with France
    FOX
    From Steve Jancetic in Leeds, England
    November 04, 2009

Tim Sheens has rubbished suggestions Australia will field a second-string side against France despite the Kangaroos coach resting star Melbourne trio Greg Inglis, Cameron Smith and Billy Slater for Sunday morning's (EDT) Four Nations match in Paris.

Sheens stuck to his pre-tour vow to give every member of the touring party a run during the tournament, with Michael Jennings, Josh Morris and Cooper Cronk all named to play.

Jennings and Morris will start in the centres - the latter lining up alongside twin Brett on the left edge - while Cronk will come off the bench as back-up to starting halves Darren Lockyer and Johnathan Thurston as well as new hooker Robbie Farah.

Sheens claimed the inclusion of his No.1 halves pairing proved the Australians meant business in Paris, where a win will book a berth in the November 14 final in Leeds.

?It might come across to some back in Australia as 'oh, he's resting people', it's not the case,'' Sheens said.

?If I'm resting anyone it's because they've had a couple of hard hit-outs and they've finished with a long season and I think that's indicative of Thurston and Lockyer starting.

?The side I put out, that's a very good side.

?For anyone to say that's a second string side - I don't think we have a first string side. I've changed both sides and I'm going into the third game just keeping the structure.''

While the likes of Inglis, Smith and Slater will no doubt come straight back into the side, Sheens has indicated that the squad for the November 14 final is far from decided.

Most open are the spots on the bench, with Farah, Kurt Gidley and Cronk all battling it out for the back-up playmaker's spot.

It's just as tight in the back-row, with Ryan Hoffman and Trent Waterhouse given another chance to push for selection after being named to play France in place of injured duo Anthony Watmough (concussion/groin) and Paul Gallen (neck).

Sheens also said his decision to leave Hayne on the wing and not give him a run at fullback - where he starred for Parramatta this season - was made with one eye on the final.

?Jarryd's coming to terms with the wing again,'' Sheens said.

?Billy will come back into the side. I want him (Hayne) involved from the wing.

?If I had a problem at the back (during the game) Jarryd would move.''

Two players going nowhere are Lockyer and Thurston, though Sheens did admit the pair had been given another run just to iron out a few kinks.

It had been assumed Cronk would get the No.7 jumper for the clash with France with Australia all-but assured a finals berth.

?I'm concerned about getting Darren and Thurston on the same page - that hasn't been as comfortable as I thought or as slick as it should be,'' Sheens said.

?The first game they were at sixes and sevens - the whole team was but they didn't settle it.

?Game two was better. I'd like to improve it, I'd like things to be working better and Darren getting good ball when he wants it.''

I don't agree with this type of coaching...any Australia player will look good against France and will give them a advantage on the final selection.

How did one 'Kurt Gidley' manage to get the number 1 jersey ahead of one Jayyrd Hayne? Kurt Gidley should be nowhere near a rep jersey IMO, especially the fullback spot. On the game itself, France did well in the first half, but let the game slip away in the 2nd half.

Junior Titan

Hi all

some pics from France just for you and I !!!!

http://www.rugbyforumxiii.com/forum/...p?f=68&t=35708

Quelques bonnes photos, il mate .. Well done!

Thanks for those amazing pictures RugbyMan13! I really enjoyed the match and I think the French really did themselves proud in the 4 Nations, they will only get better from here on.

I don't believe that they should be dropped from the 2010 4 Nations though.

I wore the French RL jersey you sent me underneath my Kangaroos while watching. I can't help by love the French!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER