Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I watch all their games and have great fun when I go, but haven't been to the last couple because I can't afford it, and the couple before that I got some free tickets.

I'm a big fan of all gold coast sports teams, I often have as much fun at a United game as I do at a Titans game. It has nothing to do with PR or promos for me, only dollars and cents. Living on the gold coast doesn't make me twice as rich as someone in Townsville or Sydney, just because there are some wealthy people here doesn't mean we're all made of money and will pay whatever we're told. $30 with concession is too much for a Titans game let alone for the far less established a-league.

The best promo they could do is to make the prices competetive. I don't know for sure that the crowds would grow much, they certainly wouldn't get smaller. They can't be profiting from ticket sales as it is, what could it hurt to halve the prices to make them commensurate with the rest of the league?

I could not care less what PR they do or spruking in the community, I know when the games are, so I go, but I won't buy a ticket at those prices ever again, because how could I expect them to change if I don't.

And you don't have to be at the games to be a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by daveyk View Post
    well i did buy a season membership for GCU.. but after constantly listening to their fans rip on the titans non-stop... have sold the remainder of my pass..
    That is deadset disappointing. Sorry to hear that man.

I also agree with Kwigi, there is limited dime out there. It was a struggle and a surprise to have to buy All-Star tickets. Well worth it, but just when my budget ws recovering.

Next yeAr will be worse for me because the 4Nations is in Aus/NZ.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I'm a supporter of both sides here....Both The Titans and GCU...

There are some good points in this thread along with some absolute mindless ****

I maintain what I've always said. Both the titans and GCU could benefit from one another and should have worked together from the start as a team. The Titans have the crowds and community support through good hard work and research. You have to work hard in the community to get people to part with their hard earned coin and the Titans have this down pat
    GCU on the other hand have the active support and organisation as a support group which could a) make the titans support not seem like a library and b) be organised as a group. The titans support is great in numbers but **** in atmosphere

Both codes could be beneficial to each other and squeeze out that useless wanker sport gayFL....but NEITHER side can seem to understand this

disappointing on both sides of the coin tbh

Yea the atmosphere at the Final between the Gold Coast and Brisbane was just like a library.

The Titans have to develop their own style of atmosphere and that takes time. I've seen vast improvement in that department in the last half of 2009. It's just going to continue to get better.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 25-10-09 at 08:01 AM.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

All I can say is I'm glad I missed today's game. 0-6

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Yea the atmosphere at the Final between the Gold Coast and Brisbane was just like a library.
    Very good Brad
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD;259639
    The Titans have to develop their [I
    own [/I]style of atmosphere and that takes time. I've seen vast improvement in that department in the last half of 2009. It's just going to continue to get better.
    It will always be hard for us to develop our own atmosphere.

And this is why.... The Gold Coast is a very transient population. A majority of its growing population are not from here. They are families and individuals looking for a better life from other states, They are elderly retirees, They are overseas students and visitors. Of the people who have moved here from interstate, they already follow a team. This is why alot of away teams get such a great supporter base on the Coast. Have a look at the crowds at Skilled, its 50/50 home team and away team support. Whilst we are cheering the opposition fans aren't and visa versa.

If you go to Melbourne, Suncorp, Dairy Farmers, Brooky or Kogarah the fan base is 90/10 in the home team favour. They have had decades of support and fan base building.

I think that you guys are doing a fantastic job in creating atmosphere.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

GOLD Coast united owner Clive Palmer is expected to face Football Federation Australia over reports the club is planning to cap ticket sales for home games to save money.

Football website au.fourfourtwo.com reports that Gold Coast United have confirmed they will cap crowds at 5000 per game, leaving three-quarters of Skilled Park empty.

They say the move has led FFA to question the verity of Gold Coast's original franchise bid, which did not include the ticket capping scheme.

The cap would eliminate cheaper seats with prices now starting at $42 for an adult, $24.95 for juniors and $116 for the cheapest family ticket, plus the $4.95 booking fee.

Public transport would no longer be included in the ticket price and members would be moved from their original seats, thereby eliminating home end support.

Gold Coast United are under added pressure to perform when they face North Queensland Fury at home this weekend after a 6-0 thumping from bottom side Wellington Phoenix on Sunday.

www.goldcoast.com.au

Well thats a great way to get fans....... Sorry i know ur a memember but the house is full at 5000 nd u cant get in....

Not only is there a 'cap'. As Doug said in another thread if you are a member (me) and I am the 5001st person to show up I ain't getting in! Not that they are going to get anywhere near 5000 now with these prices. It gets worse for the 'commuters'. A lot of GCU fans are ex Roar fans and live in the Brisbane area. Some are not paid up members but just turn up to the game so instead of $29 and free travel it is now $42 and $23 return train fare.

$29 versus $65. Way to go Clive you dipstick!

Oh....the game will finish close to 10pm and as there are no 'extra' trains you either need to leave before the end of the game to catch the 9:53 or wait an hour and catch the 10:53....Just gets better for the commuters.
    Last edited by shamus; 29-10-09 at 08:43 AM. Reason: More info added..

Just get that Shyte off our Park
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Not only is there a 'cap'. As Doug said in another thread if you are a member (me) and I am the 5001st person to show up I ain't getting in! Not that they are going to get anywhere near 5000 now with these prices. It gets worse for the 'commuters'. A lot of GCU fans are ex Roar fans and live in the Brisbane area. Some are not paid up members but just turn up to the game so instead of $29 and free travel it is now $42 and $23 return train fare.

Oh....the game will finish close to 10pm and as there are no 'extra' trains you either need to leave before the end of the game to catch the 9:53 or wait an hour and catch the 10:53....Just gets better for the commuters.
    Woah... that is an almighty amount of terrible things to overcome. I can't believe their solution is to cut the heart out of their members/loyal fans and also wipe out the existence of cheap tickets. And do one of the worst things, move members to new seats. How are newbies supposed to give it a try with no cheap tickets. It's a shambles.

If GCU are having this much drama, GCAFL are in BIG trouble. I hope GCU succeed because a failed sport team would damage the brand of the Gold Coast. It also makes me appreciate how lucky we are to have the Titans in such a tremendous position.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 29-10-09 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post

where does it say that if your a member you cant get in?
    they are capping it at 5000 tickets arent they which means they would only sell X amount of tickets (X= 5000 - #of members).....

and those who would travel from brisbane or elsewhere and buy their ticket at the gate, arent actually allowed free transport to the game, free transport is only for those holding a game day ticket/membership card..........(no one ever gets checked anyway)

also, the car park next to the stadium will be open......

for the most part, those who are paid up members are getting better seats for the same price, but in the eyes of a Home bay ticket holder, i doubt that would agree.....lol

but yea, very bad idea for a club in its first year, WAY TO PISS EVERYONE OFF CLIVE!

the problem is, clive has too much control over the club. (owner AND MAJOR sponsor) so if everyone wants clive to go......the club will be forced to fold........

I feel sorry for the players....good guys, with great skills, and a fielded team capable of making it to the top......

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    where does it say that if your a member you cant get in?
    they are capping it at 5000 tickets arent they which means they would only sell X amount of tickets (X= 5000 - #of members).....

It was in the paper nd also in a inter view......

As the Q was " even if ur a member?? U would have to get there early just incase its a full house"

Over all they are ****ing they fans over........

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post

and those who would travel from brisbane or elsewhere and buy their ticket at the gate, arent actually allowed free transport to the game, free transport is only for those holding a game day ticket/membership card..........(no one ever gets checked anyway)
    Why wouldn't they buy their tiket online?...and you don't get checked coming into Robina but a different story getting off at the other end.

Oh,and what about season ticket holders that already travel down from Brisbane. They would have been under the assumption that they had free travel all season but that is now out the window as well.....