Default Our own Jason Sintome tours with the Kangaroos

Jason the frontman for Kangaroo TV

RUGBY LEAGUE: The Kangaroo tour squad is still two days from being named, but deceptively quick Titans backrower Jason Sintome has booked his place.

Pundits may be shocked by the 39-year-old's selection, however it has been confirmed by Australian Rugby League insiders.

The fact that Sintome will be creating headlines with a microphone and not a football is probably worth a mention.

The Gold Coast Titans production manager has been `borrowed' by the ARL to head it's video coverage of the five-week Kangaroo tour, which jets out on October 13, for the four-Test jaunt through Great Britain and France.

Sintome's involvement in the tour is a massive endorsement of his and the Titans video production work over the past three years.

"This is a fantastic opportunity and great recognition for the efforts the Titans have placed in expanding this area of the business," said Sintome yesterday.

"Basically what I will be doing is filing stories with footage daily on whatever the Kangaroos are up to.

"It is a new initiative from the ARL and I was approached because of what we do at the Titans and through my involvement on the NRL Club Web Network committee."

Sintome heads a unit at the Titans that produces a weekly half-hour, panel-type program that airs each Wednesday on the club's website, along with a number of other daily video packages.

Each day the club's production unit, which has its own full-time cameraman, Geoff `Oompy' Bowden, sends out footage and video packages on team selections, injuries, post-match press conferences, etc.

Sintome is no stranger to the camera. For six years he fronted Channel Nine's sports news on the Gold Coast where he also filled in as GC News presenter.

He has endured a gruelling Sydney to Hobart campaign as a competitor to file stories for the Today Show, produced countless scripts from some of the world's most exotic destinations with Getaway and has filed daily surfing reports from across the globe for the ASP.

Sintome, says the Kangaroo Tour is a dream come true.

"As a journalist I have always wanted to be involved in the tour," he said. "To do it in this role will be an amazing experience and I hope we will be able to provide sports fans with a never before seen look at inside a Kangaroo tour.

"I just hope there will be a couple of Titans players in the squad to keep me company."

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I'm delighted for Jase!

His work for the Titans has been first class and ground breaking. And as a massive Kangaroos fan, I'm stoked... hell blown away that they are doing Kangaroos TV.

Check it out and follow it at.....

http://bigpondvideo.com/nrl/216169

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Well done Jase for posting Kangaroos TV news on Titans.com.au and the Titans facebook group.

The mind boogles at the exposure the Kangaroos and 4 Nations could get if all the other 14 Aussie NRL clubs followed suit and pushed through this news through their news networks.