Lightbulb NRL Fan Forum 2009

If people remember 12 months ago, there was the first NRL Fan Forum. This year the NRL are putting a new one on. Which is very welcome, because last year's was such a success.

Rugby league has come a long way in 12 months, I remember being soffed at by a journalist who asked me what needs to be done in rugby league and I said an independent NRL.

We have seen a good many of the past suggestions being taken on board and it is also a valuable market research exercise.

We have also seen a very successful Rugby League World Cup between then and now.

This is your opportunity to contribute with questions and suggestions for the NRL and it's clubs.

It's important that the thoughts and concerns of Titans fans are heard. We also have a unique prospective living on the Gold Coast, with the code turf wars being a hot topic. Maybe we can give some advice for Sydney clubs in that regard.

Please take the time to post some thoughts and suggestions below. And you can expect a full report Friday next week.

This is the fans chance to have their say.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 15-11-09 at 01:22 AM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Hey guys

Surely there are questions or issues you have burning to be addressed in relation to the state of the game for David Gallop and the NRL.

Improvements? Suggestions? Issues affecting our game?

Last year the sorts of things raised included:
    - memberships
    - match scheduling
    - refereeing
    - player behaviour
    - players going OS or to union

Otherwise Brad and I will be coming up with our own things to raise. We'd really like to put forth matters from the Titans and Legion community perspective though.

The forum is on Thursday, so if you have any last minute thoughts, please post them through!

I'm not sure if game rules are part of the forum but I'd like to see scrums raised as something that is a blight on the game.

I always shudder when I see the ball fed behind the 2nd row and the ref lets it go. On the odd occasion that the opposition wins the scrum, the ref assumes something went wrong and asks for it to be fed again.

I didn't play alot of league growing up but I clearly remember the emphasis placed on feeding the ball into the scrum correctly between the props. Why is this rule thrown out the window in seniors?

The current scrum feeding is an embarrassment to the game. The NRL needs to either tighten up the feed rules or do away with scrums all together.

I know it is because of the ratings, but the fact that Brisbane get so many friday night games is disgraceful. The game not only needs more even distribution of game times to all teams, but more afternoon games. All it would take is bringing back Super Saturday in its true form. Game at 3.30, 5.30 and 7.30. Then the two on Sunday afternoon. I would be happy with that.

more notice for when games will be played on what days... it makes it real hard to organise a trip away to support and follow our team when we only get a few weeks notice... if EVERY OTHER sport can release the schedule before the start of the season then why can we!!!

thats my gripe!!
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Get the refs off our backs.. Or payh them more to be on our side......

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

i think there should be two video refs in the box not just one