Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Discussion

I couldn't see Bird in the centres - not in a million years.

Hopefully Carty has learned that backrow types like Graham / Delaney / O'Dwyer just won't cut in the centres long term.

mead will get his chance in the centres

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I couldn't see Bird in the centres - not in a million years.

Hopefully Carty has learned that backrow types like Graham / Delaney / O'Dwyer just won't cut in the centres long term.
    Not the response I was looking for... but anyway.

Greg Bird is a champion footballer, you could put him anywhere. We could retire Presto early and put Bird in at 5/8.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Not the response I was looking for... but anyway.

Greg Bird is a champion footballer, you could put him anywhere. We could retire Presto early and put Bird in at 5/8.
    **** OFF! YOUVE GOT TO BE ****ING JOKING, WHAT THE **** ARE YOU ON ABOUT!!!!!

......is that the response you were looking for.....lol

IF we had bird (wouldnt cost us much) id love to see him in the centres/backrow...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Out of interest, does anybody know where's Walker going next year?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    Out of interest, does anybody know where's Walker going next year?
    The Bradford Bulls in Super League.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Heard a whisper, that Asotasi has a get out clause, if Taylor left the club.

This would make a lot more sense to me then Bird
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    The Bradford Bulls in Super League.
    Good heads up on that one over a month ago hey Brad. Who's the man with the gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Heard a whisper, that Asotasi has a get out clause, if Taylor left the club.

This would make a lot more sense to me then Bird
    i Agree there for sure

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Junior Titan

Angry Jy Hitchcox?

Melbourne?

thats the second time i have heard this can anyone actually confirm it, titans are out of there mind letting this kid go!

titans are a great club but this clearly shows why melbourne is one step ahead of the rest of the clubs... smarts.

tomane? in my honesnt opinion anyone playing outside of greg inglis that has 2 legs will play a half decent game of football. and iv heard hes signed for 3 times what hitchcox was on?

as for the fowards, i think bailey had a terrific year he really led the way.
    will miss VaVe! with baileys strong, consistant footy and Vave;s Flare for a front rower would have been a great combo.

look for the titans to turn Chris Bloomfield into a first grader... at 18 and 125kg 6''7 there is alot to work with. possibly wrecking ball of the future.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mateiu View Post
    Melbourne?

thats the second time i have heard this can anyone actually confirm it, titans are out of there mind letting this kid go!

I can say 120% he will be in melb

Tomane and Tonga will be the interesting ones for me as both are ready to step it up to the next level and we'll just have to see if they are ready to take that step. I think Gordon is a superstar of the future and Mead's hands just need to improve a bit so the backline is secure into the future with Zillman at the back. We really missed Cannings impact off the bench in the finals and I think if we had Tagataese, Cannings and O'Dwyer coming off the bench with Meyers we've got some real impact there. I reckon Michael Henderson will also be ready to go to that next level too and it will be interesting to see how he comes back after this off-season.

I think the buzzword for me in the thread so far is the rotation off the bench. I think that we left some players out on the field far too long. Minichello tends to make mistakes when he gets tired and Bull became pedestrian at times and I would've rotated them off earlier/more often. Let's hope Laffranchi comes back with some more impact next season too.

It is handy if we can rotate the young back rowers and front rowers in off the bench rather than giving them too much time and letting them ease into their careers.

Offloading is more a state of mind and intent than anything else and we have to get more willing if we are going to compete. It'll be very interesting to see if anyone sticks their hand up ala Atkins from 2 pre-seasons ago to give first grade a shake but the front liners look pretty set in stone. Presto's role will be interesting - I'm betting he'll probably be used as impact off the bench next year and they may use Esi in the forward rotation when he does just to give us that extra punch that we missed without both Tonga and Cannings.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

[QUOTE=mateiu;259108]Melbourne?

QUOTE]Jy is an alright player but he wouldnt push anyone in the 1st grade backline out of their position.

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Tomane and Tonga will be the interesting ones for me as both are ready to step it up to the next level and we'll just have to see if they are ready to take that step. I think Gordon is a superstar of the future and Mead's hands just need to improve a bit so the backline is secure into the future with Zillman at the back. We really missed Cannings impact off the bench in the finals and I think if we had Tagataese, Cannings and O'Dwyer coming off the bench with Meyers we've got some real impact there. I reckon Michael Henderson will also be ready to go to that next level too and it will be interesting to see how he comes back after this off-season.

I think the buzzword for me in the thread so far is the rotation off the bench. I think that we left some players out on the field far too long. Minichello tends to make mistakes when he gets tired and Bull became pedestrian at times and I would've rotated them off earlier/more often. Let's hope Laffranchi comes back with some more impact next season too.

It is handy if we can rotate the young back rowers and front rowers in off the bench rather than giving them too much time and letting them ease into their careers.

Offloading is more a state of mind and intent than anything else and we have to get more willing if we are going to compete. It'll be very interesting to see if anyone sticks their hand up ala Atkins from 2 pre-seasons ago to give first grade a shake but the front liners look pretty set in stone. Presto's role will be interesting - I'm betting he'll probably be used as impact off the bench next year and they may use Esi in the forward rotation when he does just to give us that extra punch that we missed without both Tonga and Cannings.
    I agree that Presto could very well turn into a impact bench player.

I think Cannings is going to have a much bigger year next year. He is probably the only front rower in the team that bent the opposing team backwards.

Meads hands are fine. I expect him to be the Titans next backline state of Origin player. A full season from him in 2010 should really propel him upwards.

Having Preston on the Bench means we can potentially have Tomane and Esi on the field at the same time with Rogers moving to 5/8.

1. William Zillman
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Esi Tonga
    4. Joseph Tomane
    5. David Mead
    6. Mat Rogers
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Aaron Cannings
    11. Antony Laffranchi
    12. Mark Minichello