Default Prime Minister's XIII announced

Prime Minister's XIII announced

The Australian Rugby League has today announced the Prime Minister?s XIII side to play Papua New Guinea in Port Moresby on Sunday, 27 September, 2009.

The match at Lloyd Robson Oval will be preceded by the team conducting community work with AusAID and the Papua New Guinea Rugby League aimed at promoting critical health messages.

Team of the Century member Mal Meninga will coach the Prime Minister?s XIII side for the fifth consecutive year. Also joining the coaching staff is former Test and Origin great Brad Fittler.

Queensland and Test front rower Petero Civoniceva has been named captain of the side.

?Mal has done a terrific job with this side over the past four years and he and the team will again be great representatives for Australia on and off the field this year,? Prime Minister Mr Kevin Rudd said today.

?I look forward to the team continuing the legacy they have built through their important community work off the field in the lead up to the match.

?It is always a tough game against the Papua New Guinean side so I wish ?my team? all the best.?

2009 ARL Prime Minister?s XIII

Fullback
    Josh Dugan
    Canberra Raiders

Wing
    Nathan Merritt
    South Sydney

Centre
    Michael Jennings
    Penrith Panthers

Centre
    Joel Monaghan
    Canberra Raiders

Wing
    David Williams
    Manly Sea Eagles

Five-eighth
    Terry Campese
    Canberra Raiders

Halfback
    Johnathan Thurston
    North Queensland Cowboys

Front Row
    Petero Civoniceva (c)
    Penrith Panthers

Hooker
    Robbie Farah
    Wests Tigers

Front Row
    Keith Galloway
    Wests Tigers

Second Row
    Trent Waterhouse
    Penrith Panthers

Second Row
    Luke O?Donnell
    North Queensland

Lock
    Paul Gallen
    Cronulla Sharks

Interchange
    Luke Lewis
    Penrith Panthers

Interchange
    Dave Shillington
    Canberra Raiders

Interchange
    Nate Myles
    Sydney Roosters

Interchange
    Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
    Canberra Raiders

Interchange
    Adam MacDougall
    Newcastle Knights

Please note that the above players are eligible for selection in the VB Kangaroos squad to contest the Gillette Four Nations tournament.

Several players named in the VB Kangaroos train-on squad were not considered for selection in the Prime Minister?s XIII team due to workload concerns.

The team will gather at the Sydney Football Stadium at 11.30am on Wednesday for medicals and a team briefing. The team will then assemble and travel to Cairns on Thursday, 24 September, and depart for Port Moresby on Friday, 25 September.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I thought it was a grest side with a lot of Rookies untill i read the name Nate Myles .....WTF
    #itaintweaktospeak