Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Haven't read Bulls story, but to finish 3rd after 3 years is an achievment. We got an epic semi final at Skilled to show for it.

Disappointing not to have won a finals game. But the wins will come. I don't see why the Titans won't make the finals again next year and be better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by eelectrica View Post
    Haven't read Bulls story, but to finish 3rd after 3 years is an achievment. We got an epic semi final at Skilled to show for it.

Disappointing not to have won a finals game. But the wins will come. I don't see why the Titans won't make the finals again next year and be better for it.
    Next year we win the bloody thing!!!

Junior Titan

Just got home from Sydney.
    I envy you guys that managed to fly down, that's got to be the WORST drive Ive ever done down....and Ive done a few! Every grey nomad was on the road in their caravans Friday......and all over the road too!!

Was disappointed the guys didn't come over and thank the fans after the game.....I know they were disappointed but geez.....we'd just driven for 11 hours to see them play....a bit of acknowledgement would have been nice.
    Thanks Chris Walker for coming at least halfway across the field.

And why wasn't the Titans mascot or cheer girls there??

Just got back from Sydney yesterday. Shattered and devastated to say the least. Very drained, much like I'd say everyone involved with the club is.

I'm glad I went down though. Loved catching up with the Southern Legion and Legion and the other Titans fans.

We have alot of growth ahead. Maybe we peaked too early and playing the Broncos in Week 1 made a big event even bigger and we lost focus on the Finals. We'll be for the better of it. As Coaster and Steve had said, it will be a pwoerful motivator knwoing the bitter taste of defeat....

I think the team is missing game breakers and we need a tougher forward pack. We lack agression and we can be dominated. We do have the bes backline but we need a stronger forward pack to use it. Maybe Tags can be a game breaker.

Also in that "late" hit on Mortimer. I reckon it was fine.

I'll post up again soon, still mourning here.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I reckon we just got unlucky in 2 straight finals matches. We probably outplayed the Broncos and I thought we created enough opportunities to win against Parra as well. In saying that you create your own luck by working hard at all times and in both games we got stung by the other team being too big and too strong, not a good look for us. If a penalty goes against us we're going to need to defend the next set better than we did. I thought both Bailey and Meyers were quiet against the Eels and we really missed Cannings. It's been a great year but that has left me with a hollow feeling. Let's hope Tomane can come of age and slot into the right centre spot inside Mead and also that Mead's hands improve.

The 1%ers got us again. Kick-off out on the full, grubber kicks going dead in goal, allowing so many offloads and dropping off tackles were the main culprits. Fui fui and Grothe really gave them some impetus last night but I thought Mark Minichello was the standout player with strong defence and strong runs.

There's always next year and I hope either the Eels or Broncos go on and win now as that means we were beaten by the eventual grand finalists.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    I hope either the Eels or Broncos go on and win now as that means we were beaten by the eventual grand finalists.
    LOL

ive heard alot of people say that over the past week

but to me it doesnt mean anything
    at the end of the day we've beaten every team this season.....do we deserve the premiership?...

we were beaten by both Manly and Storm last year, did that make anyone feel better?.....lol

and on topic of the game, i think alot of people out there arent remembering how well the eels played, not only did we not play our BEST game that night, but the eels were on FIRE!

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post

and on topic of the game, i think alot of people out there arent remembering how well the eels played, not only did we not play our BEST game that night, but the eels were on FIRE!
    I agree. They're in white hot form at the moment, they were always going to be hard to beat. It's not just Hayne being the best player running around at the moment, but the whole team is performing. I doubt anyone would have beaten them that night.

its a shame the Titans went out in straight sets they didnt know what to do come finals. bring on 2010!
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Honestly, we had little chance against a white hot Eels in Sydney with about 30,000 fans.
    We should have beaten the Broncos in the first week and might have got a weeks rest.
    Things could have been different.

yeah, the Eels were destined to win that game. we blew it in week one of the finals fair n square
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    Hahaha dont forget sitting at paddys having a few drinks...... still do it for $600 on the lips......
    Hey Doug...I saw your girlfriend at Paddys on the weekend. She was upstairs in the food court (raining outside)..well security were trying to ask her to leave and she was going nowhere. Quite comical watching her shadow box this 6 foot 2 brick sh1thous3...

Geez and doesn't she have a foul mouth!

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Hey Doug...I saw your girlfriend at Paddys on the weekend. She was upstairs in the food court (raining outside)..well security were trying to ask her to leave and she was going nowhere. Quite comical watching her shadow box this 6 foot 2 brick sh1thous3...

Geez and doesn't she have a foul mouth!
    Oh u know thats my girl...... i better she was still looking hot as too