Default 'Titan's Town' Promotion

Titans launch 'Titans Town' competition
    Adam Gardini
    Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans are urging the Gold Coast community to show their true colours and paint the city a sea of blue and gold in the lead-up to the club?s historic home final.

In a joint ?Titans Town? competition commencing today with the help of media partners Sea FM, the Gold Coast Bulletin and Channel 9 Gold Coast, the Titans are offering fans great prizes to show the club you?re not afraid to decorate your own patch of ?Titans Town? in support of your team.

Decorate your home, your pets, your business, your cars, even yourself. There?s a prize for the best business, best school and an individual prize for the ultimate fan.

The best entries will be featured daily by our media partners.

Entries will be judges by a panel of local Gold Coast personalities including a Titans player. The competition will be open as long as the Jetstar Titans are alive in the race for 2009 Telstra Premiership.

To enter; simply click on the link below and submit your entries and photos.

Titans Town promotion

While you?re there, check out the Titans 2010 membership packages including the all new Social Membership from just $19.95 for juniors. They?re on sale now! What better way to show you?re a Titans tragic than signing up to become a member in 2010 ? members are the lifeblood of every club and we want you on board for 2010 ? show you?re the Titans ultimate fan by becoming a member in 2010

The promotion will run right up until Grand Final Day on Sunday, October 4, unless the Titans are eliminated from the competition before hand. In that case, the promotion will cease at the conclusion of the game and winners will be announced within 3 working days.

PRIZES

Ultimate Business:
    Corporate Box at the first Jetstar Titans NRL home game at Skilled Park in 2010, including a stadium tour and a beverage starter pack

Ultimate School:
    Assembly visit to your school by the 2 Titans Co-captains (Prince & Bailey), a Titans coaching clinic for your school AND a 2009 Jetstar Titans signed jersey

Ultimate Fan:
    Inclusion for you and your immediate family in a fully signed 2010 Titans Team Photo (including photographic print) and 2 VIP tickets to the opening game for 2010 at Skilled Park, featuring corporate hospitality and premium seating.
    Click here to upload your entry.

This is a fantastic competition. And maybe this can be the start of a tradition of painting the town blue, gold and white every time the Gold Coast Titans make the Finals Series.

As a kid some of my favourite memories were seeing team colours in shops, cars and on people during the Finals.

As fans we can make this happen!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Default City shares a Titans dream

City shares a Titans dream

PAUL Broughton believes the Titans have not only made National Rugby League history, they have also united a city.

"I have seen it before, how sport can bring people together. It is happening right here, right now," said the Titans patriarch and chairman.

"I saw it when Newcastle won the crown back in 1997. That region went from a collection of people from coalfield settlements to everyone being referred to as Novocastrians.

"As soon as the final whistle blew they were united for ever.

"It is happening on the Gold Coast. Where you used to have people saying they were from Robina, Helensvale, Nerang, Surfers or Mudgeeraba now they will tell you they are from the Gold Coast. Nothing unites a region more than a winning football team."

Broughton is now living the dream he first dared to conjure decades ago.

In just under two weeks, the Gold Coast Titans will not only make their debut in the NRL finals, they will host their opening finals clash at Skilled Park.

Club officials are confident of a sell-out crowd; Broughton had no doubt that would happen.

"I have seen the signs," he said, of the local support that has continued to blossom since they entered the NRL in 2007.

"The fans were almost silent when we started. In fact the opposition supporter numbers probably equalled ours.

"But hasn't that changed. Skilled is now a proud Titans fortress with plenty of colour and plenty of loud Titans fans. This city has embraced this team under one voice."

Broughton first ventured north from Sydney in the late 1950s when he coached at Murwillumbah. Even back then he saw the sporting potential of the area.

In 1999, just months after the death of Gold Coast Chargers, he and now managing director Michael Searle started the rallying call for the birth of the Titans.

"Our time, the Gold Coast's time, has arrived,"said Broughton.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Titans town set to show true colours

Titan Town, Gold Coast Titan player Mat Rogers with Titan's Legion members Rhys Martin, Wes Pieters, Doug Kirby, David Kirby and Matt Huxtable

THE Gold Coast will become the Blue and Gold Coast as the Titans march towards their historic NRL semi-final at Skilled Park.

Today marks the launch of the Titans Town promotion, with fans being given the chance to win VIP status at the first Titans game at Skilled Park in 2010.

Titan Mat Rogers said the team had a lot of support from their fans from day one and he was looking forward to seeing it celebrated all over the Gold Coast.

"There's been a groundswell of support and it's starting to build up," said the man the fans call Rat. "We realise and understand the enormity of a hometown team having a home semi-final and it's great the community is getting behind us.

"We're trying to turn the Gold Coast into a Titans town and I'm looking forward to seeing everything decked out in blue and gold."

The Gold Coast Bulletin, Sea FM, Channel 9 and the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans are looking for the Titans' biggest fan. People are being encouraged to decorate houses, businesses, pets, cars and themselves in Titans colours and upload their pictures to titans.com.au

The ultimate business will win a corporate box at the first Titans home game in 2010; the ultimate school an assembly visit from co-captains Scott Prince and Luke Bailey, a Titans coaching clinic at the school and a 2009 Jetstar Titans signed jersey.

The ultimate fan wins an official photo taken with their immediate family and the 2010 Titans team which all players will sign, plus VIP tickets to the opening game for 2010 at Skilled Park.

man it sux not being up there......cant wait to get up there and see how this promotion is coming along.....

wish i could participate, ill just have to show my colours down here in sydney...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    man it sux not being up there......cant wait to get up there and see how this promotion is coming along.....

wish i could participate, ill just have to show my colours down here in sydney...
    You can mate! At this Saturday's game at Manly. I'll be taking it up a few gears and I will be encouraging the rest of the Southern Legion.

We should have a great turn out in enemy territory.

I might try and dress up my car in Titans colours for the next month.

Great to see Sharyn recruiting them young. Georgie is SO beautiful. A picture to keep forever.

Georgie Ritchie could be ultimate Titans fan

Georgie Ritchie, her mum Sharyn and their dog Vegas

AS the Gold Coast Titans gear up for a home game semi-final they have found another 'Titan for life' in eight-week-old Georgie Ritchie.

The bub has only been in the world for a few months but she has already been to two Titans home games and will be in the crowd that cheers them on in the semi-final.

She is one of the many that will be decked out in blue and gold in the next few weeks to show her support as part of the Titans Town promotion.

"We enjoy watching the games and when they're playing away we all sit on the couch cheering them on," said Georgie's mother Sharyn.

"Even Vegas our big Labrador has a jersey that we dress him up in."

The Gold Coast Bulletin, Channel Nine, Sea FM and the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans are all joining forces to find the ultimate fans of the Titans.

There are categories for schools, business and individuals with prizes for decorating your pets, cars, businesses, school and yourself in the Titans' colours.

After the finishing touches are put on the decorations be sure to upload the photo to http://www.titans.com.au

The ultimate business will win a corporate box at the first Titans home game in 2010 while the ultimate school an assembly visit from co-captains Scott Prince and Luke Bailey, a Titans coaching clinic at the school and a 2009 Jetstar Titans signed jersey.

The ultimate fan will win an official photo taken with their immediate family and the 2010 Titans team which all players will sign, plus VIP tickets to the opening game for 2010 at Skilled Park.

Had to drive up to Brissy this morning...... the car with all sorts of Titans stuff going on......... certainly turned a few heads...... was great.... just proudly driving through enemy territory. Maybe next trip a few neon lights just incase I was missed this time.

Here's to 2015

Growing up in Sydney, the carnival atmosphere around grand final time is something I remember as a child.

Almost every car would have blue and white or blue and yellow streamers tied to the aerial, houses decked out in team colours. Shop windows decorated.
    My parents worked in Bankstown, and the whole place was festive.

Never seen the like up here, it's great the Titans are trying to bring it back!

but adam... u are getting invloved.... u HAD a white car didnt you.......

. . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Growing up in Sydney, the carnival atmosphere around grand final time is something I remember as a child.

Almost every car would have blue and white or blue and yellow streamers tied to the aerial, houses decked out in team colours. Shop windows decorated.
    My parents worked in Bankstown, and the whole place was festive.

Never seen the like up here, it's great the Titans are trying to bring it back!
    Yea I have alot of sweet memories of that type of thing. Particulary visiting family in the Hunter Valley and seeing everyone dressing their houes and cars us in team colours. Yea even in the Hunter Valley! As well as the old BRL, especially Brothers and Valleys.

I remember it happened alot in Brisbane for the Broncos in 1992 and 1993.

The Titans are very smart to start this tradition. I particularly love the effort people go to in shops and businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by daveyk View Post
    but adam... u are getting invloved.... u HAD a white car didnt you.......

...........................huh?

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Paul Gale a true-blue Titans supporter

Putting some Titans colour into his broadcast is Sea FM's Paul Gale.

SEA FM's Paul Gale has shown his true colours and, sadly, a lot more.

The breakfast radio show host stripped almost naked and was painted blue and gold yesterday in the lead-up to the Titans home semi-final next week.

Paul was standing on Marine Parade doing star jumps in his underwear as honking cars passed by.

"I'm not in great condition," he said.

"One guy kept driving laps around and was very heavy on the horn."

Paul said he wanted everyone on the Gold Coast to decorate their offices for the Titans Town promotion.

"Obviously not everyone can get painted and walk around in their underwear," he said.

The ultimate business will win a corporate box at the first Titans home game in 2010; the ultimate school an assembly visit from co-captains Scott Prince and Luke Bailey, a Titans coaching clinic at the school and a 2009 Jetstar Titans signed jersey.

The ultimate fan wins an official photo taken with their immediate family and the 2010 Titans team which all players will sign, plus VIP tickets to the opening game for 2010 at Skilled Park.