Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cjdexter View Post
    Oh crap. Whoops. Thanks for the heads up. I read the website wrong...

Last 2 time's i've been to skilled i ended up in S18 and S19. I just went to ticketek and purcased Gold tickets. Didn't really get an option on where to sit that i remember.

So S20 you say? Sounds good. What about S24-S26? Are they designated to anybody? They just look like a much better seating option than the Legion section. Get to see the game better.
    Sure...Those seats would be fine me thinks...

just more expensive is all..........

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Got my tix and booked the flights!

See you at the game

I sit in S24 and it is fine - but it doesn't really matter where you sit at Skilled you will get a good seat.

I decided to upgrade to Titanium seats for the first one.
    See what happens week 2 or week 3 at Suncorp

Just too many negatives in this game.

1/ We've never experienced finals footy before whereas the Broncs have "been there, done that" many of times.

2/ The way we played last week was dreadful. I believe the "we were going easy on them focusing on the finals" is just a cop out. Something huge is going to have to change this week to turn that around.

3/ Their fan base is huge. This may as well be a home game for them.

4/ Injuries from last week is a worry. Hopefully Rogers is OK but if he's not we're in trouble.

5/ I don't know how our forwards are gonna match up with theirs. Taylor, Carroll, Thaiday, the list goes on.They've all been playing aggressively of late while ours appeared to be struggling last week against Manly.

I REALLY hope we pull through this one but I'm not too confident at this stage.

Just noticed this: Welcome to our newest member, BRONCOS ARE BETTER
    Last edited by gotitans101; 07-09-09 at 06:06 PM.

Focusing soley on the negatives is one option, sure.

You could also say Scott Prince, Preston Campbell, Brad Meyers and Anthony Laffranchi have won grand finals (am I missing anyone?)
    Bailey, Minichiello, Rogers, Harrison, Mead are rep players. Our hooker is probably the form hooker in the competition.

One of the keys to a premiership winning team is a champion halfback, and there's not many as champion as one Scott Prince.

Sure, there'll be a lot of Broncos fans making the trip, but Titans members have had a week to buy seats before anyone else. They've then had the opportunity to purchase seats for friends before they've gone on sale, hopefully mostly Titans fan friends! Keeping in mind Suncorp stadium is known as the graveyard, not because they're undefeated there, but because it's quiet as a grave.
    Speaking of graveyards, Titans have only lost 1 game at home this year, and that includes defeating the Broncos.

Our injuries ARE a worry, but then hopefully they're also over the flu that went through the team last week and we should see them aim up.
    I've no idea who's going to be back from injury, not even sure we'll know tomorrow, there's a very good chance we'll see an extended bench named.

It's not going to be an easy game, but in no way are we out of it.

So I tell you what, you sit there clutching at your half empty glass, I'll be enjoying the half full part!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Focusing soley on the negatives is one option, sure.

You could also say Scott Prince, Preston Campbell, Brad Meyers and Anthony Laffranchi have won grand finals (am I missing anyone?)
    Bailey, Minichiello, Rogers, Harrison, Mead are rep players. Our hooker is probably the form hooker in the competition.
    Prince Tigers 05 won GF
    Lafrancri Tigers 05 won GF
    Preston Panthers 03 won GF
    Myers Broncos 00 won GF
    Harrison Broncos 00 won GF
    Walker Broncos 00 won GF, Roosters 03 lost GF, Roosters 04 lost GF
    Rogers Sharks 97 lost GF
    Friend Melbourne 06 lost GF
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Mat Rogers on Twitter: "Just saw the doc, he's quietly confident without to much enthusiasm, but if you know our doc he's never enthusiastic so I think that's good."

If Rogers plays, I think we can win. If not I think we're missing too much strike power. Broncos didn't look that brilliant against Canberra had some good calls go there way from the Ref as well.

I just hope some of our younger backs don't do anything stupid trying to be a hero or something. That and injuries are my biggest concern.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    Just too many negatives in this game.

1/ We've never experienced finals footy before whereas the Broncs have "been there, done that" many of times.
    well I guess if you want to go on past records, Brisbane have only won the first game of the finals series once in the past 6 years. If you go back through the last ten or so years, they lose the first game a lot more than they win it.

The problem is that past records don't mean a lot come Saturday night. Last weeks results don't matter either. Finals are a completely different game.

Point taken amaline, I agree with you.

I guess I'm basing too much from what I saw last week against Manly, the scoreline isn't what you'd want to see from a top 3 side a week before the finals. Enough negativity from me...time to enjoy the finals ride.
    Last edited by gotitans101; 07-09-09 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    Point taken amaline, I agree with you.

I guess I'm basing too much from what I saw last week against Manly, the scoreline isn't what you'd want to see from a top 3 side a week before the finals. Enough negativity from me...time to enjoy the finals ride.
    Exactly. After the past two years getting excited and having injuries hit, it's such a good feeling, knowing we not only made the finals, but made top 4.

Someone told me there were sections for Broncos supporters?? And that the section I'm in, section 21, is one of them? Anyone know anything about that?

This is from NRL.com and it makes me really happy. I wouldn't want this any other way...

Gold Coast's impressive home record hasn't done enough to impress the bookmakers with Brisbane installed as favourites for the all-Queensland NRL qualifying final on Saturday night.

The Broncos, who finished the regular season in sixth following Sunday night's 22-10 win over Canberra, opened at $1.60 with the Titans $2.30 outsiders for the Skilled Park clash.

The Titans have been almost unbeatable at home in 2009, posting an impressive 11-1 record at Skilled Park with their only defeat being a 34-18 loss to North Queensland in round 21.

Gold Coast do however enter the finals in indifferent form, having been hammered 38-4 by Manly at Brookvale Oval on Saturday night in a match which had no impact on their final ladder position.

The Broncos on the other hand have won their last five games, their last defeat being the club-record 56-0 flogging at the hands of Canberra in round 21.

In other matches, Melbourne opened as slight favourites over Manly, while the Bulldogs' round 26 slip-up against the Wests Tigers has not altered the bookies' faith in them after they were also installed as favourites ahead of their match-up with Newcastle on Saturday night.

Predictably, minor premiers St George Illawarra opened shortest of the eight sides, the Dragons at $1.55 to beat Parramatta at $2.40.

Junior Titan

Hi Guys Me and the Wife are flying in from New Zealand with 2 other family members and are wanting to cheer on the Mighty Titan's in there 1st semi!!!!!
    We have not been able to get tickets would anybody know how we could get hold of 4 tickets please, as the trip has been planned around this game and it would be sad to miss out?