Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Titan

Default Let's Go Shopping!!!

A fresh start without Greg Inglis.

Our form suggests we can win it this year, so we maybe should just be upgrading our young fellas.

Next Year, with the troops we have now should be right up there.

Is there any off contract players out there that could strengthen an already strong team for next year?

I for one think Matt White should now be a priority.
    Rogers should be re-signed as long as it is not for too much.

Also I think some fresh faces would be good too. Any Thoughts?

ill sign rogers again.
    then dnt know, young prop is all we really need.

Ensure we retain Ryan James and Ben Ridge, I'm sure they will both be representative players one day, and go after a good young prop (we don't have any coming through IMO).
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Banned

RUSSELL PACKER and BEN MATULINO, if they are off contract, also i rate louis brown

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    RUSSELL PACKER and BEN MATULINO, if they are off contract, also i rate louis brown
    Signed up with the Warriors until the end of 2012 and 2013 respectively.

I wouldnt buy a single player except a big strong prop.

Titans have awesome talent coming through.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I wouldnt buy a single player except a big strong prop.

Titans have awesome talent coming through.

I totally agree with you Teke!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

rogers becomes a priority now, Vave hasnt been in first grade since stuart left and sharks have some good frontrowers maybe a return to the coast

Junior Titan

With the broncs getting GI i am sure there are some of there players not being re-signed for 2011.
    They have some exciting talent in the backs but so do we.

In the forwards I like the look of Dynamite Lui & Josh McGuire.
    Ashton Sims has never been great but may improve under Titans coaching.

I guess Storm will kepp Blair & Manu now too.

Ashton sims has been signed by the cowboys and I think McGuire has just been extended too. Interesting what has happened to vave at the sharks. I thought he was going fairly well before Flanagan shunted him. I agree that Rogers needs to be extended. Upgrade the deals for bird and our young blokes including walker. He will get there, we just need to give him time.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Rogers... all the young guys who've had a taste and an investment in a play-making 5/8 for the future.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Cronk! :P I wish!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

John Cartwright always said that we have the ability to keep players that we really want. While the donkeys splash their cash on Inglis it leaves little room if Karmichael Hunt or Israel Folau find the going in AFL not to their liking. Whilst i have the greatest respect for both of these players and their athletic ability, i have a nagging suspicion that their skill set and body shape is more suited to league than AFL.
    This year we have had several exciting talents in first grade that have stepped up to the challenge. Bodene Thompson, Ben Ridge, Ryan James, Joseph Tomane, could all in the next few years be superstars. Upgraded contracts might be in order for these guys in the next few seasons. I also believe that we are yet to see the best of Sam Tagatese, David Mead, Kevin Gordon, Esikeli Tonga and Shannon Walker.
    This is what will set us apart from the pack in the next few years, we will develop and retain our own talent and pick up a few to fill the gaps. This has been the key to the success at the Storm. To open the purse and buy for today does nothing for long term stability and success.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic_NJ View Post
    Rogers... all the young guys who've had a taste and an investment in a play-making 5/8 for the future.
    Ritchie Williams is playing well for Burleigh and seems to have his attitude right now. Held be a cheap pick up. He may be worth offering a second tier contract ad back up, with an incentive of playing 5/8 in Rogers dot when he retires. And there is always Kayne Lawton who is already contracted and has been playing well at 5/8 for Tweed.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Ritchie Williams is playing well for Burleigh and seems to have his attitude right now. Held be a cheap pick up. He may be worth offering a second tier contract ad back up, with an incentive of playing 5/8 in Rogers dot when he retires. And there is always Kayne Lawton who is already contracted and has been playing well at 5/8 for Tweed.
    Rankin would still be in Carty's thoughts somewere.