Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Panthers forward Frank Pritchard signs for Bulldogs
    Dean Ritchie | August 25, 2010 11:43AM

PENRITH forward Frank Pritchard has signed a three year deal with Canterbury.

Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore said his club was delighted to have secured the Kiwi international.

?Frank has got size, he?s got speed, he?s got strength and is a player that has a great impact on games. We?re thrilled that we?ll be able to welcome him to the Bulldogs next year,? Moore said.

?In the past couple of seasons we?ve lost several of our senior players and I?m expecting Frank will step up to take a leadership role within our team.?

Pritchard, 26, has played 141 first grade games since making his debut for Penrith in 2003.

Penrtith CEO Mick Leary claims to be "disappointed" his club has lost Pritchard.

The Daily Telegraph
    A top signing for the club. One of the most underated forwards in the modern game. He will definately bring some more starch to this pack if he keeps his head screwed on this year. Watch the tank go....

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Dad View Post
    A top signing for the club. One of the most underated forwards in the modern game. He will definately bring some more starch to this pack if he keeps his head screwed on this year. Watch the tank go....
    I don't think he's ever been "Underrated" , under performed is more likely , Frank has looked like one of the Great Forwards of the modern game but his highlights are few & far between as has his Game Time , maybe the Dogs will bring out the best in him
    #itaintweaktospeak

Default Learoyd-Lahrs stays a Raider

David Beniuk AAPSat, Mar 12, 2011 - 2:30 PM

Canberra have taken one of the NRL's most sought-after forwards off the market by re-signing Tom Learoyd-Lahrs for a further three years.

In a major coup, the Raiders have signed a second Test forward in as many weeks after securing New Zealand's Bronson Harrison last week.

Learoyd-Lahrs will remain at the club until the end of 2014.

Canberra will boast one of the league's most fearsome packs over the next few years with Australian representatives David Shillington and Brett White also locked up.

Shillington is off contract at the end of 2012 and White signed a three-year deal after leaving Melbourne last year.

Twenty-five-year-old Learoyd-Lahrs would have been one of the most in demand players coming off contract this season after standing out for NSW in the past two State of Origin series, despite the Blues' losing both.

He was rewarded with a place in the Kangaroos' Four Nations side last year.

The Raiders have embarked on an impressive rebuilding program around a core of talented local juniors such as Josh Dugan and Terry Campese.

As well as White, they added talented former Cronulla back Blake Ferguson and premiership winning halfback Matt Orford to their roster for 2011.

"It's great to have my future organised before the new season and to stay in Canberra is the right decision for me and, more importantly, my family," Learoyd-Lahrs said in a club statement.

"I want to give back to the club that's given me so much and I truly believe we're in for a few special seasons.

"For this year it all starts tomorrow against the Sharks."

Raiders chief executive Don Furner said the deal showed the days of players shunning Canberra were over.

"We've shown over the past two years that players that come to the club want to stay at the club and we're building towards a bright future," he said.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Default Timana Tahu joins Penrith Panthers on one-year deal

CONTROVERSIAL star Timana Tahu will recommence his NRL career with Penrith on Monday after the club confirmed he has signed a one-year deal.

The dual international left former club Parramatta at the end of 2010 in clouded circumstances following a troubled year that included two racism rows.

One of those, an allegation Tahu racially abused a 16-year-old at an indigenous knockout, is still to be resolved.

Tahu will miss Friday night's grudge match with the Eels as he sets about convincing coach Matt Elliott he is fit enough for the NRL.

He also won't be turning out for Panthers feeder club Windsor before he begins afresh at training next week.

"I'm happy to be at Penrith, especially to be coached under Matty," the 30-year-old told a press conference at Centrebet Stadium on Wednesday.

"There's a lot of great players here, a lot of representative players, it's a strong team.

"For me, being here, it's exactly the same as (home town) Newcastle, it's a working town, there's similarities with both towns.

"This is probably where I'll be most comfortable."

The former NSW State of Origin, Kangaroos and Wallabies representative said he was mentally refreshed after his time away from the game.

Penrith boss Michael Leary said he was open to negotiating an extension to Tahu's deal.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Wow, actually havnt heard much of Tahu since all that controversy was circling around the media. Good signing for Penrith.
    You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans!

Default Broncos re-sign Hodges for three years

Wayne Heming AAP Wed, May 11, 2011 - 1:00 PM

Australian Test centre Justin Hodges is set to play out his NRL career with Brisbane after signing a new deal with the six-time premiers on Wednesday.

Hodges, who has fought back from a career-threatening foot injury to reclaim his Australian jumper, will be a Bronco until the end of the 2014 season after agreeing to a new three-year deal understood to be worth around $1 million.

With Brisbane great Darren Lockyer retiring at the end of the season, Hodges' signing was seen as crucial with the club building a young side under new coach Anthony Griffin.

Cairns-born Hodges turns 29 later this month and his new contract could be his last.

"I am very happy to get this organised and sorted at this stage of the year so I can concentrate on the rest of the season," he said.

"We have a great group of young players coming through and I know we are a chance of being part of some success in the next few years."

A dual premiership winner with the Sydney Roosters and Broncos, Hodges' class and experience were sorely missed in 2010 when the club failed to make the NRL finals for the first time in 19 seasons under former coach Ivan Henjak.

An imposing presence on the field, Hodges' lethal step and fend have helped him net 75 tries in 175 NRL games, with 50 of those for Brisbane.

His new deal is a far cry from the days when his first first stint at Brisbane ended on a difficult note.

He kicked off his career with the Broncos in 2000 but played only 17 games in his first two seasons and he left the club barely on speaking terms with coach Wayne Bennett.

Brisbane had failed to re-sign him prior to the June 30 anti-tampering deadline and he signed a three-year deal with the Roosters where he won a premiership in his first season.

A furious Bennett put him in Brisbane's feeder club Toowoomba for the rest of the 2001 season.

However Hodges, who went through some difficult personal issues in Sydney, patched things up with Bennettand returned to the Broncos fold in 2005.

The following year he and Bennett celebrated a grand final victory together.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Eels sign Ben Roberts for two NRL seasons

AAP Tue, May 17, 2011 - 11:30 AM

Parramatta have capped their halves recruitment drive by signing Ben Roberts to join fellow recruit Chris Sandow at the NRL club in 2012.

Canterbury's former New Zealand international Roberts agreed to a two-year deal with the Eels.

The struggling Eels could field an all new halves combination next season, with Roberts likely to challenge incumbent five-eighth Daniel Mortimer for a place in the starting side alongside South Sydney star Sandow.

Roberts last represented New Zealand in the 2008 Anzac Test and has since played for Samoa.

The 25-year-old has struggled for game time at the Bulldogs this season, with coach Kevin Moore preferring off-season recruits Kris Keating and Trent Hodkinson.

Parramatta coach Stephen Kearney believed the change of scenery would help fellow Kiwi Roberts return to his best.

"Ben's played at international level and while he's had a hard run with injuries recently, we know his potential," Kearney said.

Roberts, who was reportedly courted by Cronulla, Gold Coast and Sydney, was pleased to come to terms with the Eels.

"I'm happy to have my future sorted and I'm looking forward to the next chapter of my career," Roberts said.

"I'm really excited to be playing under Steve next year."

The signing of Roberts comes after Sandow agreed to a rich four-year deal earlier this month.

While Sandow's journey to Parramatta Stadium carried a lot of fanfare, Eels CEO Paul Osborne has since worked hard to continue the side's recruitment drive.

"We're building towards something big here and to sign someone of Ben's calibre is another great sign of the direction we're heading," Osborne said.

Parramatta are currently 13th on the ladder, having just the three wins for the season.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Sharks complete Tagataese deal

Ian McCullough AAP Tue, Jun 14, 2011 - 3:32 PM

The signings of Sam Tagataese and Jeff Robson may not be the end of the good news for long-suffering Cronulla fans with the NRL club hopeful of completing deals for Bryce Gibbs and Andrew Fifita this week.

The Sharks have tabled offers for the Wests Tigers props, and although the pair has yet to formally agree on a switch to Toyota Stadium, the club is anticipating news of their arrival before the weekend.

A Sharks official told AAP the deals could be done this week but said there were still issues to resolve before an official announcement.

New Zealand-born Tagataese, who can play at centre or in the backrow and started his career with Melbourne, joined the Sharks from Gold Coast on Tuesday and was named on an extended bench for Sunday's clash with Canterbury at ANZ Stadium.

Halfback Robson, who helped guide Parramatta to the 2009 grand final, will depart the Eels at the end of the season after agreeing terms on a two-year contract with the Sharks.

The acquisitions of Tagataese and Robson come hot on the heels of young stars Stewart Mills, Albert Kelly and Chad Townsend agreeing to extend their contracts in recent weeks.

The Sharks, who have lost front-rowers Luke Douglas and Kade Snowden to the Titans and Newcastle respectively, have also been linked with another Tigers player.

Utility back Mitch Brown is believed to be a target for the club he left last season.
    #itaintweaktospeak