Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Wow great signing, when he is fit, Frank is devastating. Only 26 as well.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Bulldogs are looking like being a force in the next few years, young halves and a top forward pack.

Dallas Johnson joins Cowboys

AAP Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:47:55
    Former Test and Queensland Origin lock Dallas Johnson is returning to Australia to play for North Queensland on a three-year NRL deal from next season.

The former Melbourne star has been playing for France-based Super League club Les Catalans in 2010, missing the Storm's salary cap scandal season from hell after departing at the end of last year.

Renowned for his consistency and high tackle count, North Queensland-born Johnson will fill the gap left by fiery lock Luke O'Donnell who is heading to England.

He is held in high regard by Cowboys coach Neil Henry, who worked with Johnson in four successful Origin campaigns.

"I'm excited to be returning to the NRL after playing a season overseas," said Johnson.

"It was a big decision to leave, but the opportunity to play for the Cowboys and to establish our home base from Townsville was too good.

"I'm looking forward to this new start, and to playing NRL in Cowboys colours next season."
    #itaintweaktospeak

A fantastic signing by the Cowboys. There's been a huge cleanout this year and some great new signings so hopefully there's better times ahead.

Hornby re-signs with St George Illawarra
    Written by: Dragons media
    Sep 2, 2010 7:35am

The St George Illawarra Dragons announce that Captain Ben Hornby has today agreed to terms with the Club for a further three years, until the end of the 2013 season.

The Corrimal junior has played 223 NRL games since his debut in Round 23 of season 2000 against the Panthers and has led the Club to back-to-back Minor Premierships.

The 30-year-old always wanted to remain in Wollongong with his family and be a one Club man.

“I've been here my whole career and the thought never really crossed my mind to play anywhere else and hopefully I'll finish my career here,” Hornby said. “We have a great bunch of guys here and enjoy each other's company so I believe we have a good opportunity not only this year but also over the next couple to do something special.”

Hornby has missed only one game over the past two seasons through illness and is enjoying his football as much as ever.

“I'm really enjoying my footy and my body feels really good at the moment and I've had a good run with injuries over the last few years so hopefully that continues in the future and I can continue to play a lot of footy,” he added.

Coach Wayne Bennett is happy that Hornby has chosen to remain at the Dragons.

“I am elated that Ben has re-signed with the Club, it is only right that he should finish he career at the Dragons,” said Bennett. “Ben is a pleasure to work with and had done an exception al job as Captain over the past two seasons.

“His play at halfback has added an extra dimension to our team and it is great news for everyone involved with the Dragons that he is remaining at the Club”.

Dragons CEO Peter Doust was equally as delighted to see the local junior remain at the Club.

“Ben is a special player and special person at the Dragons,” said Doust. “The attributes he brings to the Club both on and off the field are exceptional and we are delighted that he has chosen to remain at the Dragons”.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Dragons retain Green & Greenfield
    Written by: Dragons media
    Aug 31, 2010 5:09pm

The St George Illawarra Dragons have today announced that Props Jon Green and Michael Greenfield have both re-signed with the Club for a further season, until the end of the 2011 season.
    Green, 25, is currently in his third season at the Dragons after making his NRL debut for the Bulldogs in Round 2 of season 2006 against the Tigers.

Since joining the Dragons in season 2008 the Queensland born West Australian junior has played 26 games in the red and white and is happy to be remaining at the Club.

“I'm extremely happy at the Dragons and have managed to play a number of games this year in the NRL which I've really enjoyed,” Green said. “My family and I are settled in Wollongong and to continue working under Wayne (Bennett) is something that really made my decision easy.”

Greenfield, 24, joined the Dragons this year after four seasons at the Rabbitohs where his game time was limited due to a neck injury. The Ingleburn RSL junior started his NRL career with two seasons at the Sharks (2004-2005) where he made his NRL debut against the Roosters in Round 22 of season 2004.
    Greenfield who has played seven NRL games this season is also happy to have his future sorted at the Club.
    “Coming to the Dragons has been great for me personally, I came here off the back of a serious injury and am now probably the fittest I've been in a number of years,” said Greenfield.

“Although I haven't played as much NRL as I would've hoped to, being able to work with Bennett is something that has helped me both on and off the field.”
    Coach Bennett was happy that both Green and Greenfield had chosen to stay at the Club.
    “The contribution and commitment from both Jon and Michael has been pleasing and I am happy that they have chosen to stay at the Dragons,” Bennett said.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Webb and Maitua sign on at Parra

AAP Thu, 02 Sep 2010 18:15:08
    Parramatta have confirmed the signings of North Queensland prop Carl Webb and former Canterbury and Cronulla backrower Reni Maitua for the 2011 NRL season.

The pair have both agreed to two-year deals with the Eels, with Webb set to fill the gap left by retiring skipper Nathan Cayless.

Maitua returns to the NRL following his two-year ban for a doping offence, but he will be unable to play until almost midway through the season with his ban to ends at midnight on May 19 2011.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Webb and Maitua sign on at Parra

AAP Thu, 02 Sep 2010 18:15:08
    Parramatta have confirmed the signings of North Queensland prop Carl Webb and former Canterbury and Cronulla backrower Reni Maitua for the 2011 NRL season.

The pair have both agreed to two-year deals with the Eels, with Webb set to fill the gap left by retiring skipper Nathan Cayless.

Maitua returns to the NRL following his two-year ban for a doping offence, but he will be unable to play until almost midway through the season with his ban to ends at midnight on May 19 2011.
    Parra must have picked up a new sleeve sponsor for 2011 to be able to afford Webb..... Four & Twenty Pies maybe

It will be interesting to see if Maitua can make an impact after his enforced Drug break
    #itaintweaktospeak

Cowboys release Arana Taumata
    Written by: Cowboys Media
    Sep 15, 2010 8:58pm

COWBOYS RELEASE ARANA TAUMATA

The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys have granted player Arana Taumata a release from his playing contract.

Taumata was contracted to the Cowboys until the end of 2011 but has been released on compassionate grounds at his request.

The 21-year-old joined the Cowboys in June 2010, making his debut for the club in Round 16, before playing several games for the Mackay Cutters in the InTrust Super Cup.
    #itaintweaktospeak

I think this guy is trying to get a start at every NRL club before he retires
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I think this guy is trying to get a start at every NRL club before he retires
    He has been linked to Penrith, which will be his 7th or 8th club????
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Titans' Air Jordan takes off for Parra
    Luke Turgeon | September 28th, 2010

Jordan Atkins, hoping to soar with a resurgent Eels side over the next two years
    GOLD Coast Titans winger Jordan Atkins has signed a new two-year deal with the Parramatta Eels.

Nicknamed 'Air Jordan' after his spectacular four-try NRL debut for the Titans against the North Queensland Cowboys in 2008, Atkins played 28 games for the Gold Coast in three seasons at the club.

He managed five games this season, his last against the New Zealand Warriors in the first week of the finals.

Atkins said he was looking forward to the next stage of his career but would always have a soft spot for the Titans.

''Honestly I just think I need a change,'' he said.

''Don't get me wrong, I love the club and they are a great bunch of blokes.

''But it is time to move on.''
    #itaintweaktospeak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    He has been linked to Penrith, which will be his 7th or 8th club????
    broncos,roosters,bulldogs,storm,tigers,cowboys and now penrith

Official Release: Greg Eastwood signs for Bulldogs

Canterbury Bulldogs Mon, 11 Oct 2010 09:09:00

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have added more international quality to their playing ranks, securing the return of Kiwi back rower Greg Eastwood on a three year deal.

Eastwood, who played 23 matches for the Bulldogs in 2009 before heading to English Super League outfit Leeds Rhinos for this season, will link back with the Club at the conclusion of the English season.

“From experience we know what a positive influence Greg can have around a Club,” Bulldogs Chief Executive Mr. Todd Greenberg said.

“He is highly thought of at the Bulldogs and he will be a very valuable addition to our NRL squad in 2011 and beyond.

“It’s been well documented that Greg struggled to settle in England and I’d like to thank the Leeds Rhinos for the compassion they have shown in allowing him to explore a return to the NRL. We are delighted that he will be back in Bulldogs colours from next season.”

Eastwood’s return represents more than an addition to the playing roster, with the Bulldogs and Rhinos agreeing to a partnership over the course of negotiations that will result in development opportunities for both Clubs.

“There’s still a few details to fill in but I’d expect that we’ll see some of their young players come out here to experience how we do things in the NRL, and there’s a possibility for some professional development opportunities for staff from both Clubs as well,” Mr. Greenberg added.

“Certainly the opportunity is there to form a lasting relationship, one that we all can learn from.”

Eastwood, 23, played 64 NRL matches for the Brisbane Broncos between 2005 and 2008 prior to joining the Bulldogs in 2009. He made his international debut for New Zealand in 2007, and played every match for the Kiwis on their way to winning the 2008 Rugby League World Cup.

On top of his experience in the Super League, he has also featured in two World Club Challenge matches, playing for Leeds against the Melbourne Storm in 2010 and for Brisbane against St Helens in 2007.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Adam Cuthbertson signs on for Dragons

Dragons Wed, 17 Nov 2010 10:12:00

The St George Illawarra Dragons today have agreed to terms with Adam Cuthbertson for the next 12 months, through until the end of season 2011.

Cuthbertson joins the Dragons after limited opportunities at the Sharks in season 2010 where he made just 12 NRL appearances.

The 25-year-old made his NRL debut for the Sea-Eagles in Round 3 of season 2006 against the Sharks and has gone on to make 65 appearances in the top flight.

The Avalon Bulldogs junior spent four seasons at the Sea-Eagles winning a Premiership in 2008 before moving to the Sharks in 2010.

After a frustrating 2010 season, Cuthbertson is keen to arrive at the Dragons with an open mind and is looking forward to the challenge at a new Club.

“This is a fresh start for me here at the Dragons,” he said. “Last year was extremely frustrating but I’ll be looking to take every opportunity I can and grabbing it with both hands.

“To come to a Club rich in history and work under a Coach like Wayne Bennett is exciting,” he added.

Coach Wayne Bennett is delighted to have a player of Cuthbertson’s ability joining the Club.

“We’ve been fortunate enough to get Adam to the Dragons,” Bennett said. “He is a quality player and we are very appreciative that he wants to join the Club.

“We are looking forward to him commencing pre-season training and taking the opportunities he is given in the Red V,” he added.

As well as Cuthbertson the Dragons welcome front rower David Gower from the Balmain Tigers as well as back rower Daniel Penese from the Panthers for the 2011 season.

Bronx Goodwin has signed at the Dragons for 12 months after an injury plagued 2010.

The Dragons officially return to training in Wollongong on Monday, November 29.
    #itaintweaktospeak