Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rabbitohs Re-sign Scott Geddes for 2010

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are pleased to announce the re-signing of prop-forward Scott Geddes for the 2010 season today.
    Geddes, 28, is one of only two remaining players to have been with the Rabbitohs since the Club was re-instated to the NRL premiership in 2002.

Geddes is in line to play his 100th NRL game for the Rabbitohs in 2009 having made his first grade debut in round two of the 2002 NRL season against the Canberra Raiders, the Rabbitohs first victory back in top-flight Rugby League.

Geddes will have played nine seasons with the South Sydney Rabbitohs at the end of this contract extension.

?We?re pleased to be able to keep Scott at the Rabbitohs,? Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson said.

?He?s been a quality front rower for our Club over a number of seasons now and he has shown this season that he is capable of playing first grade Rugby League at a consistent level.

?I?m sure all of our Members will join me in congratulating Scott on his extension and another year in the red and green again next season.?
    Geddes is happy to have his future sorted out for next year.

?I?m really happy that I get to stay at South Sydney for next season,? Geddes said.

?I?ve been at the Club for eight seasons and I?ve really enjoyed my time here so far.
    ?I?m looking forward to finishing this season off strongly and help the team reach the finals, and I?m also looking forward to being part of the Club for next season.?

Biography:

Name: Scott Geddes
    DOB: 18 October 1980
    POB: Bowral, NSW
    Position: Front row
    Height: 187cm
    Weight: 107kg
    NRL Games: 95
    NRL Points: 16 (four tries)

Source: South Sydney Rabbitohs
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

TAHU CONFIRMS RETURN TO EELS

Dual international Timana Tahu has confirmed he will return to the Pirtek Parramatta Eels next season after today signing with the Club he left to join Rugby Union at the end of 2007.

The three year deal will begin in 2010 and marks his return to the Club he last represented in 2007.

Prior to switching to Rugby Union, where he spent two seasons with the NSW Waratahs and Australian Wallabies, Tahu played 159 NRL games with the Eels and Newcastle.

During that time the NSW Origin and Australian Kangaroos representative crossed for 102 First Grade tries.

"For the last two years watching Rugby League meant watching Parramatta," Tahu said.

"I stayed close to a lot of the boys here during my time in Union and I'd text or call them from time to time, so coming back just made sense to me and my family.

"Knowing so many people here, including having a friend in Paul Osborne as CEO, it wasn't like I was coming to a new Club at all, so there was no reason for me to look anywhere else really.

"Now I'm just looking forward to playing in the NRL again and in particularly in front of an Eels home crowd."

Osborne said signing Tahu was a key priority for him on joining the Club.

"Timana expressed a deep desire to return to the NRL and there's a sense that he's got some unfinished business here at the Eels," Pirtek Parramatta Eels Chief Executive Paul Osborne said.

"Twice in three seasons he came within one game of a Grand Final berth and I know he's been keeping close tabs on some of the changes that have gone on since he left.

"He also still lives locally and he still feels a close affinity with the players here, so when we heard he was considering a return I made sure it would be at Parramatta."

Tahu has played four Rugby Union Tests for Australia after making his debut against the New Zealand All Blacks during last season's Tri-Nations tournament. He also went on the Wallabies Spring Tour to Hong Kong & Europe, starting against Italy.

He has also played 20 Super 14 games for the Waratahs, including all 13 of their matches in 2009.

He was recently named in the Wallabies Tri-Nations squad for 2009.

Prior to switching to Rugby, Tahu was a standout over eight seasons for the Eels and Knights.

He made his First Grade debut for Newcastle against South Sydney in round 12 of the 1999 NRL season, and was a member of their 2001 Grand Final winning team against the Eels. By the time he left the Hunter in late 2004 was the Knights top try scorer with 82.

He scored twenty more tries for the Eels during a three year, 46 game stint between 2005 & 2007.

TIMANA TAHU
    Date of Birth: 16/10/1980
    Place: Melbourne, Victoria
    Position: Centre
    Height: 185cm Weight: 98kg
    Rep Honours: Australian Kangaroos, NSW State of Origin, Australian Wallabies, NSW Waratahs
    Previous Clubs: Newcastle Knights (1999-2004); Parramatta Eels (2005-07); NSW Waratahs (2008-09)
    First Grade Debut: Newcastle v South Sydney, 1999 (R12)
    Club Debut: v Wests Tigers, 2005 (R1)

Source: http://www.parraeels.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Broncos prop Nick Kenny signs new long-term contract to stay with club

Prop Nick Kenny, who will play his 50th NRL game this weekend, has signed a new three-year deal with Brisbane.

The 27-year-old, who was forced to wait for his chances behind a series of the game's leading props including Shane Webcke, Petero Civoniceva and Ben Hannant, has certainly made the most of his opportunities this season.

After bulking up in the off-season he was one of Brisbane's best forwards before suffering a knee injury which has sidelined him for the past five weeks.

?I've loved the club since I was six years old and I was never going anywhere else,'' said Kenny.

?I was very proud and honoured to play one game NRL game here.

?Fifty games later I have another three years at the club so it's a dream to get a long-term contract.''

Kenny, a qualified physiotherapist, is seen as a player with leadership qualities.

Brisbane coach Ivan Henjak has admired Kenny's work ethic and loyalty to the club.

The fact Kenny has battled for everything that has come his way since being first spotted by Brisbane as a 19-year-old has won him a lot of fans.

?Nick has worked really hard to get where he is, it's a credit to him,'' said Henjak who has named him in the front-row for Monday night's clash with Cronulla at Suncorp Stadium.

?He battled all the way and displayed a tremendous character to make it.?

AAP

WARRIORS SIGN MALONEY FROM MELBOURNE

The Vodafone Warriors have moved quickly to sign promising Melbourne halfback-standoff James Maloney following Stacey Jones' decision last week not to have another season in the NRL in 2010.

Chief executive Wayne Scurrah today confirmed the 23-year-old Maloney, who has made four NRL appearances for the Storm this year, had been secured on a two-year contract with an option for a third season in 2012.

"Once Stacey indicated he wasn't keen to play again next year, we made it clear we would be signing another half to boost our depth," he said.

"We've been interested in James for some time and we're delighted we've been able to come to terms with him so quickly."

Maloney joined Melbourne this year after a stint with Parramatta, making his first-grade debut at standoff in the Storm's fifth-round 16-14 win against Penrith in April. He started at No 6 in two of his other three NRL matches while his other appearance was off the bench.

Last year he led Parramatta's feeder club Wentworthville to the New South Wales Cup premiership and this year he has been guiding Melbourne's well-performed feeder side Central Coast in the same competition.

He was also selected in the New South Wales Residents side for their clash against Queensland Residents played as a curtain-raiser to last month's final State of Origin match in Brisbane.

Vodafone Warriors coach Ivan Cleary said Maloney is a goal-kicking playmaker with plenty of ability.

"With Cooper Cronk at the Storm and then Brett Finch being signed, it hasn't been easy for James to get much time in the NRL," he said.

"He has played a lot of his football at halfback but also plays at No 6, which he has done at NRL level. He's also a very good goal-kicking option.

"We've seen a bit of him and every time he's lined up against the Vulcans in the New South Wales Cup he has looked one of the best players on the park.

"His signing gives us more options in the halves after learning we won't have Stacey next year."

Apart from Maloney and fellow new signing Brett Seymour, the Vodafone Warriors' other contenders in the halves next season include Joel Moon, Isaac John and Aaron Heremaia. Shaun Johnson is coming through in the NYC and he'll a full-time member of the Vodafone Warriors' wider NRL squad while still being eligible for the NYC.

JAMES MALONEY
    Born: June 15, 1986
    Birthplace: Orange, NSW
    Position: Halfback/standoff
    Height: 176cm
    Weight: 81kg
    Junior Club: St Edwards, NSW
    NRL Career: 4 appearances for Melbourne 2009
    NRL Points: 0
    NRL Debut: Melbourne v Penrith, Olympic Park, April 11, 2009 (Round 5)
    Representative: New South Wales Residents
    Other clubs: Parramatta (2007-2008), Wenworthville (NSW Cup), Central Coast (NSW Cup), North Sydney (NSW Cup)

Source: http://www.warriors.co.nz

Ben Ross given career lifeline at Souths

Five months after being told he'll never play rugby league again, Ben Ross has been handed a career lifeline and opportunity to rekindle a premiership winning partnership at South Sydney.

The injured Cronulla prop signed a one-year contract for 2010 with the Rabbitohs on Monday, the first step in a remarkable comeback story after a horrific neck injury in round one of the NRL season.

Ross was crunched in a gang tackle against Penrith on March 14 and rushed to hospital where he was later told his season, and possibly career, was over.

But the 29-year-old former Queensland State of Origin prop never gave up hope and that faith has been rewarded with a chance to resume playing for the Rabbitohs next year.

Ross has received a medical clearance from his own doctors, but will still need an independent examination by South Sydney's medical staff to be cleared to play in 2010.

South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson believes Ross will not only play next year, but can reclaim the form that made him one of the game's highest paid front rowers.

"We hope to get him up to that 112kg again and make him that sort of prop we want in first grade," said Richardson.

It's not the first time Richardson has taken a punt on Ross.

Seven years ago when Richardson was CEO at Penrith, he and coach John Lang lured Ross from St George Illawarra to the foot of the mountains and the Panthers won the premiership.

Lang, who now oversees the South Sydney football department, and Richardson both spoke with Ross at length about his comeback from the serious injury and are confident the 29-year-old does not harbour any mental scars from his lucky escape.

"If he had (any doubts) we wouldn't be signing him," said Richardson.

"Langy had long discussions with him and so did I and we felt pretty confident that providing we get the final medical clearance from our people he will do a good job for us next year.

"He is a great guy, he does a lot of work off the field which will fit in with our Souths Cares program, but most importantly he is a State of Origin front rower. He is only 29 and I think he will be great for our young pack next year."

Ross has taken a massive pay cut to join Souths, coming off a reported $400,000-a-year deal at the Sharks.

Richardson said it is for that reason, and not the potential gamble in playing again, that the South Sydney deal is for only one season.

"He has come off large contracts and from his point of view he wants to showcase himself and I'm sure he will enjoy the club and want to stay," said Richardson.

"From our point of view we will get the chance to look at him under match conditions and we get to make a decision too.

"It's a win win for both people."

Ross will have a massive battle to play first grade next year as the Rabbitohs have signed Brisbane young gun Dave Taylor until 2012.

Skipper Roy Asotasi (signed until 2013), veteran Luke Stuart (2011) and Scott Geddes (2010) are first-grade front-rowers already on their books, plus hulking backrower Michael Crocker (2012).

And Richardson says there is at least another recruit still to come.

"We've got another one to come. We haven't finished yet, we're looking very solid," he said.

Source: http://www.leaguehq.com.au

Add Sam Burgess to the Bunnys very impressive forward pack for 2010 & for those not too familiar with the bloke check out this hit on MoiMoi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFV6G0QKF3E
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Add Sam Burgess to the Bunnys very impressive forward pack for 2010 & for those not too familiar with the bloke check out this hit on MoiMoi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFV6G0QKF3E
    This is a great signing for Souths and great for international rugby league. England needs to send more forwards to harden up in Oz.

Souths are going to field an unbelievable forwward pack! Crocker, Ross, Luke, Burgess, Asotasi and Taylor... Wow... They are going to be a terror. Reason for Bunnies fans to get really excited for 2010.

Such a great pack might also inspire Asotasi to recapture some form which has been lost for the last couple seasons.

and Tomane to Titans of course
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    This is a great signing for Souths and great for international rugby league. England needs to send more forwards to harden up in Oz.

Souths are going to field an unbelievable forwward pack! Crocker, Ross, Luke, Burgess, Asotasi and Taylor... Wow... They are going to be a terror. Reason for Bunnies fans to get really excited for 2010.

Such a great pack might also inspire Asotasi to recapture some form which has been lost for the last couple seasons.
    Hell yeah. All big and mobile boys too so they won't suffer like other top heavy sides with the fast play the ball.

Add to that Gordy is the forwards coach down Redfern way so they'll have some steel and mongrel about them one would reckon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    Hell yeah. All big and mobile boys too so they won't suffer like other top heavy sides with the fast play the ball.

Add to that Gordy is the forwards coach down Redfern way so they'll have some steel and mongrel about them one would reckon.
    There not going to steal me dog are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post

That is terrifying, I forgot about Gordie as forwards coach. This is definitely Souths strategy. They also have Luke and Sandow who will just get better and better with each season.

Crocker and Ross, two players I wanted as Titans. I guess it remains to be seen if Ross can return to form.

Jason Cayless to Wests Tigers for 2 years.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Michael Greenfield (souths) to St George Illawarra.

Source: couriermail.com.au

A decent signing to bolster our prop stocks after the loss of Poore.

Junior Titan

Default new shirts 2010

go to bradford bulls site, check out our kit for next season

Panthers forward Frank Pritchard signs for Bulldogs
    Dean Ritchie | August 25, 2010 11:43AM

PENRITH forward Frank Pritchard has signed a three year deal with Canterbury.

Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore said his club was delighted to have secured the Kiwi international.

?Frank has got size, he?s got speed, he?s got strength and is a player that has a great impact on games. We?re thrilled that we?ll be able to welcome him to the Bulldogs next year,? Moore said.

?In the past couple of seasons we?ve lost several of our senior players and I?m expecting Frank will step up to take a leadership role within our team.?

Pritchard, 26, has played 141 first grade games since making his debut for Penrith in 2003.

Penrtith CEO Mick Leary claims to be "disappointed" his club has lost Pritchard.

The Daily Telegraph