Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

He will go good over there, but he can not fight for sh*t, so keep him out of the bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Junior Titan

He's no Willie Mason eh? I've read a couple of posts on here about him being suited to second row - is he not so quick then?

Line speed over here requires centers to have quick hands, which he does not have. Over there he will be able to take the line on more, and IMO will do well.

He is a solid defender, and can trouble defenses, just needs more time in attack IMO
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Junior Titan

Who have you guys got lined up to replace him with then?

He'll have Scotty Donald playing outside him at Leeds, would be good if he can get his winger away but I guess we'll soon see.

A young guy from the Storm, looks promising, also our younger players are now ready to fill that role.

1. Will Zillman (big raps on him, TP = Total Package)
    2. Gordon ( will be future rep player, fantastic player)
    3. Esi Tonga (Willie's younger brother great young talent, big and strong)
    4. Rogers ( matty still one of our best)
    5. Mead (Young and brilliant, speed to burn)
    6. Presto ( crafty old bugger)
    7. Prince (One of the best Halves in the world)

That backline will match any in the comp

Junior Titan

Strong lineup. Would Delaney have been keeping his first grade place if he'd have stayed then?

Diehard I'm interested in who your #1 favourite Leeds player is if Lee Smith was second?

I wouldn't be too gutted about it, I could see Lee returning to Leeds in the future, he loves the club having supported them as a kid, and he's great mates with a lot of the other lads. He's gone for money and I think his girlfriend is based in London...

I'm thinking he's probably a better broken field runner than Delaney, but he's not huge and his positional play at centre can be poor. He's a fullback really.

prob would of been a bench player i rkn if he did

Winning culture welcomes Delaney

LEEDS Rhinos' latest Australian signing Brett Delaney is expecting life in Super League to be just as demanding as in the NRL.

The powerful centre meets his new team-mates for the first time at training tomorrow having arrived from Gold Coast Titans on a three-year deal.

Unlike many of his fellow countrymen making a similar switch in the past, Delaney is no veteran campaigner whose best days are behind him looking for one final bumper pay-day.

Still aged only 24, the ex-Parramatta man was highly-coveted in Australia and is yet to reach his prime.

He is in no doubt he needs to be in peak physical condition and find form to match when Super League gets underway in February.

"The standard is definitely up there with NRL," said Delaney.

"I saw the Grand Final between Saints and Leeds. That game was full-on.

"I can't see anything different between Super League and the NRL. I'll see for myself when I get out there but it's something new and I'm really looking forward to it."

Delaney, who replaces Wasps-bound England international Lee Smith and is a long-term successor to Kiwi Clinton Toopi, who departed Headingley following a serious injury last year, concedes his challenge will be eased by the quality around him at the champions.

"There's a lot of good players here, people who won the competition last year and so I'm coming into a winning culture," he continued.

"I had three years at Gold Coast and loved it.

"I'm looking to like it here just the same."

An injury curtailed the end of last season for Delaney, who had been ever-present previously and scored 14 tries in 63 games for the Titans during his three- year stay, but he is fit for the start of Leeds's first day of pre-season training tomorrow.

"The hamstring's fine now," he confirmed.

"It was touch and go whether I could play the last couple of games of the season but it was semi-final football so I couldn't really risk it.

"It was disappointing to end like that so I want a big start to the new season."

Sydney-born Delaney flew in on Sunday and was immediately taken to the Leeds Carnegie versus Sale Sharks encounter by coach Brian McClennan, enabling him to get a first sight of his new home.

"It was just what I expected," he said, "very cold!

"I'm sure I'll get used to that.

"This is a complete life change for me as well and it's a great chance."

Delaney was a team-mate of former Rhinos full-back Richie Mathers in Queensland.

"I've not spoken to Richie about Leeds recently but when he was at Gold Coast he always talked well of them saying it was a great club and couldn't speak highly enough about it," he added.

"When the opportunity came up I took it with both hands."

Delaney ? who will debut in the Boxing Day friendly against Wakefield Trinity Wildcats ? is thankful of being in the country and settling in at his new club having seen the unfortunate situation another former team-mate of his currently finds himself in.

In-limbo Titans winger Chris Walker is embroiled in a battle with Bradford Bulls, claiming they reneged on a deal to bring him to Odsal on a two-year contract in order to make room on their overseas quota for Manly star Matt Orford.

Delaney has the same manager as Walker and said: "I've not spoken to Chris about it, I've just seen what's been happening on the news.

"It's not great and is pretty tough on him.

"I do feel for Chris. You don't like to see that happen and I just hope it works out for him.

"I thought he was coming over here too but now I don't know."

Source: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER