Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The most embarrasing aspect is his quote that he is 'looking to challenge himself'. Yeah right.

Just be honest and say that this is a quick money grab.

Remember the gf he cheated on in the toilets of a club was the sister of an AFL player he went to school with. Most sports people these days would have played a number of different sports at school.

I don't care where he goes, rugby league is the richer without him.

Hey Karnage.....What's the chances of you letting me change my 'Top 8 Challenge' tips......The amount of disharmony within the club now I doubt the Broncos will win another game...

Yeah, I already know the answer....

At least he s gone from NRL and I dont have to watch him play again after the end of the year.......now if only Thaiday and Boyde would join him, I might hate Donkeys less........naaaaaa .... who am I kidding, I ll still hate them for letting the disgusting ********** get away with it in the first place just so they could make last years finals...........

I still cant get over how Donkeys are the only team NRL didint step up to and inforce a punishment......... oh well.......

Anyway...... good ridance to rubbish

Here's to 2015

He is probably joining the Gold Coast Aerial Pingpong team so he can be closer to the niteclubs that he loves being thrown out of for drunk and disorderly conduct.

AFL can have him, he is someone elses problem now, not the NRLs.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
    He is probably joining the Gold Coast Aerial Pingpong team so he can be closer to the niteclubs that he loves being thrown out of for drunk and disorderly conduct.

AFL can have him, he is someone elses problem now, not the NRLs.
    He'll join old mate from the loins who glassed that chick on the weekend....

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    He'll join old mate from the loins who glassed that chick on the weekend....
    Does this not make the news like an NRL player sneezing does? Or I just never see it because I couldn't give a crap about AFL?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Does this not make the news like an NRL player sneezing does? Or I just never see it because I couldn't give a crap about AFL?
    Just for u steve-o...

http://forum.titans.com.au/showthrea...050#post255050

Default NRL says Karmichael Hunt's decision to switch codes is no cause for panic

Karmichael Hunt's switch to Australian Rules "doesn't mean the sky is falling" on rugby league, says NRL boss David Gallop.

Gallop says Hunt's decision to switch codes with new AFL franchise Gold Coast was not a reflection on any deep problems within rugby league.

?Karmichael has been looking for a change for some time and we wish him luck in finding what he is looking for,'' said Gallop in a statement as he headed to Singapore for a three-day meeting of international rugby league powerbrokers.

?This is an individual decision, the sky is not falling - only a week ago we had (Wallaby centre) Timana Tahu coming back to rugby league.''

He contrasted Hunt's exit from the game with the sensational sudden departure of Bulldogs star Sonny Bill Williams last season early in his contract for a lucrative offer in French rugby union.

And he played down the obvious PR benefit the AFL will glean as it hones on the fiercely contested Gold Coast sporting market where the NRL's Gold Coast Titans currently reign.

?Karmichael hasn't walked out on a contract,'' Gallop said.

?He hasn't deserted teammates and we would welcome him back in the future.

?Rugby league is in a very strong position in many areas, Queensland and the Gold Coast in particular, and I am sure that we will maintain and grow that strength regardless of this announcement.''

I have total faith in our game to meet any challenge. The Gold Coast is the front line and I am happy to be in the trenches with the rest of you and delighted that the Gold Coast Titans are the champion of rugby league, charged with directly meeting this threat. But we also need the help of the rest of the league because we are up agains the AFL directly and a billionaire who owns the soccer club.

But tremendous concepts such as the NRL All-Stars and Dreamtime Team will really help rugby league in SEQLD.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 29-07-09 at 05:58 PM.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

nar nar nar naaah
    nar na nar naah
    hey hey
    goooodbye
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

I think this might just be the cannonball that sinks Brisbane's season.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Didn't see that coming.

Bad luck Broncasses.
    Mind you, I haven't liked his attitude for a while.
    His mind seemed to be elsewhere. Now we know where.

I remember comments from him in the past saying he didn't really watch NRL. He didn't seem to be a great fan of the game of rugby league.

League legend Wally Lewis slams Karmichael Hunt AFL defection

RUGBY league great Wally Lewis says the defection of star Karmichael Hunt to the AFL's new Gold Coast franchise smacks of disloyalty and greed. The legendary player, coach and commentator said he believed the 22-year-old Brisbane Broncos star, who reportedly knocked back a $1.2m three-year deal to stay, was just ?doing it for the money?.

Hunt said today he was doing it for the challenge and did not want to play against his old team.

Lewis said Hunt?s loss would be a body blow for the sport but would not damage it in the long-term.

?The Broncos will be (the losers) and I guess rugby league is, in a way, and so is the trust, faith and club loyalty that used to exist once upon a time," he said.

?It?s a very sad indictment on professional sport."

The AFL on the other hand is celebrating snapping up the talented Auckland-born fullback.

Hunt has played 10 State of Origin matches for Queensland and 11 Tests for Australia and last year was the youngest person in NRL history to play 100 first-grade games.

But the man widely considered rugby league?s greatest said he believed Hunt would be seen by many as a traitor to the sport.

?The current day blokes couldn?t give a rat?s **** about what happens at the club or where they go,? Lewis said.

?They?re in it for the money.?

Hunt?s unprecedented switch was indicative of the blight throughout NRL, and other footy codes, Lewis fumed.

?The way that the professionalism and the role that it plays in sport now, loyalty is just a thing of the past," he said.

But Lewis warned Hunt could face a tough ride if he tried to switch back.

?He?s obviously going to be paid fairly well for the initial move, because if it doesn?t work, I?d be very surprised if he was invited back," he told heraldsun.com.au

While Hunt had shown he was up for the tough contact that is critical for rugby league, it was impossible to predict how he would perform in the new Gold Coast team.

?I don?t think anybody does. I don?t think Karmichael does,? Lewis said.

Lewis scoffed at suggestions the move would trigger a flood of other players moving to the AFL, including tempting Melbourne Storm prospects Greg Inglis or Billy Slater.

?The possibility of this starting players moving to the AFL is about a million-to-one ? and that?s a good price,? he said.

?Anybody that suggests that it will continue honestly needs to see a doctor, because common sense would indicate that there are absolutely opposite skills in the game.

?If that does start, some time in the future, 10 or 20 years time, then you?ve probably got to question the toughness of each individual sport, and you could probably get blokes playing tennis move across to it.?

But he couldn?t nominate any AFL players who could switch, because as he put it: ?I never watch it (AFL)?.

And he played down the prospect the coup would give the AFL a boost in the northern states.

?Without being rude, I don?t think a lot of Brisbane Broncos supporters are going to start following the Gold Coast in the AFL, just because Karmichael?s gone there. I don?t think too many at all.

?I quite like Karmichael as a bloke, I?ve always enjoyed watching him play.

?If he wants to go, he goes, and it?s up to rugby league to replace him and start again.

?I hardly think the AFL would be crying over spilt milk if one of their players decided to try and test his skills in another sport."

Source: The Courier Mail