Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Default Time For The Legion To Step It Up

The end of season and finals is upon us... "TIME FOR THE LEGION TO STEP IT UP"

As we all know the Legion has came a long way from under the Score board at Gold Coast Stadium........ and "hail" to Brad for everything he has done. Because of this great start we had a great 1st year at skilled, 08 Legion members pulled together as one big family and how great has it been???

Now in 09 the Titans have really stepped it up and clubs are starting to take notice.

Now its our turn The Legion " TO STEP IT UP" as our beloved team starts they run home to the finals.

So im CALLING on all LEGION members to bring all they've got to cheer our boys home, to be a part of what will be the biggest thing in the clubs history.......reaching the finals for the first time.

What I'm asking is that we start getting some of this passion we have for our team and make it a little more united.......... Lets show not only the Titans and the Coast who the Legion really are but lets move ourselves forward and start standing up proudly against other support clubs as well. (which by the way are wanting to help us to get there....for the good of the game)

So this Wednesday night Im asking for all passionate Legion members, and to the ones who are not members but still sit with us every game, to join us in getting some ideas out for Chants, Banners, flags ect...
    I would like everyone to try and make it as the remaider of the season is so important for us to make our 1st finals place....

Lets "STEP IT UP IN THE LEGION"

I would like to make this an on going thing in the week b4 each home game. I think its time for The Legion to move forward is this area, get ur ideas down bring them along and will have a chat and get really pumped to flog the donkeys this coming Friday night...

Time: 7pm

Date: Weds 22nd

Where: Robina ....Please PM "GCT_07" As ma will be hosting this great night....

B.Y.O: Drinks & ect

BBQ: Will be looked after so please RSVP on here or to GCT_07 or myself...

Once again Please lets all pull together and show everyone what The Legion is and just how passionate we are...

"TIME FOR THE LEGION TO STEP IT UP"
    Last edited by titanstattman; 19-07-09 at 12:12 PM.

I would like to add to that.......

There are a lot of things happening in the background................Brad has been doing a lot of work on our behalf with the club as have others.

So this is basically our chance to do what we can as well. To step it up and really get some things going.

Hopefully what Brad is currently discussing with the club will be in practice for the Donkeys game.

So if that happens........ well lets just say we will be a little more obvious to the crowd...... so we need have our chit together.

There is also another big reason for making sure we do this now...............Promotion of the Legion. We had a goal this year that the club set of 200 Legion members......... We didnt make it.................. in 2010...... we want those 200 members. Lets show everyone out there why its so good being a Legion Member. I for one would love to have that Legion Member only event with the Players and Staff and hopefully that will be back on the tables next year.

so really I have just one final thing to say

LETS GO LEGION LETS GO LETS GO LEGION LETS GO

ok.. you need to pretend the banana s are clapping their hands

Here's to 2015

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Also I forgot to say I understand that it will be hard for the bris fans to make a mid week time but in saying that there no other reall good time....

So please if u have any ideas dont be shy u can a email to myself or any1 u know that will be attanding the night....

It's a good idea.
    There's definitely been new friendships formed through the legion, but not a lot of time for people to come together and work on ideas. Most folk are on the coast, so it wouldn't be too bad.

will try my best to be there.I can't be there for hours though

someone PM/sms me details plz

I cant make it but i can help the cause buy getting a legion membership for next season

Quote Originally Posted by GOATUS View Post
    I cant make it but i can help the cause buy getting a legion membership for next season
    YAAAAAAAA........................

Here's to 2015

Oh hell yea! It'd be great to have you with us. I'd love to really get a massive amount of new members. And as GCT 07 says that starts NOW. Getting the word out and getting visible.

I'm so delighted with The Legion. We have such a great crew and there is always someone doing something new and amazing. Regular meet ups are really needed to get chants, songs and flag and banner ideas rolling.

If we can work out a couple new chants per game it would be great and we would soon build a great song book.

What we also need is more banners, player banners etc. That would help us stand out better. Because we are doing a pretty good job at filling our 14 rows.

Also, with 4 games remaining, it might be a great time to start getting a few friends to games who might be interested in Legion Membership in 2010.

I will be able to make it to the BBQ on Wednesday.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_07 View Post
    YAAAAAAAA........................
    Finally the facebook group would be successful.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I would LOVE to make a banner - that's right up my alley - just need ideas. And I'm thinking the bending down on the ground to make it part might be a bit of a problem for me right now so we'll have to see.

I want to make a banner but I wouldn't know where to start, I can't sew for crap and the painted ones don't look as good as say The Daniel Conn or Mat Rogers one Ma and adam have

also,is this meeting for everyones ideas or to discuss ones you've secretly been negotiating with the club for a while already?

I'm 85% sure I'll be there
    Last edited by Paul; 19-07-09 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathalie View Post
    I would LOVE to make a banner - that's right up my alley - just need ideas. And I'm thinking the bending down on the ground to make it part might be a bit of a problem for me right now so we'll have to see.

Your not going to let a preggy belly stop you are you.....

Here's to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I want to make a banner but I wouldn't know where to start, I can't sew for crap and the painted ones don't look as good as say The Daniel Conn or Mat Rogers one Ma and adam have

also,is this meeting for everyones ideas or just ones you've secretly been negotiating with the club for a while already?

I'm 85% sure I'll be there

Paul you must have been posting the same time I was replying to Natalie

Its an all in Paul...... sort of like... ok... we are here.... now lets get to there.... then... what banners do we have... what other banners could we have....... what chants work.... what ones dont...... how to get the crowd more fired up behind us..... just an all in ideas/get together/whereto/ type thing. let s all just get in... see what we can do... see what we can come up with.... and get it goin on against those friggin donkeys..... I swear.... I will have actual tears if we dont kick their ass

Also Flags...... banners are great but they sit there until you can use them for that player..... flags.... they can be used every time as well as to put kickers off....... personally I d love to see large flags working their way up further in section 30.

But yeah.... EVERYONES ideas

Here's to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    also,is this meeting for everyones ideas or just ones you've secretly been negotiating with the club for a while already?
    Everyone's ideas and everything. And I think I can also talk about some of the things I have been talking to the club.

Maybe what we can do is, have some people who are good at making banners. And the person who wants them can design and pay for the materials and maybe the labour?

I'd love to have a Zillman or Ash banner. And I think we really need a Princy banner.

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_07 View Post
    lso Flags...... banners are great but they sit there until you can use them for that player..... flags.... they can be used every time as well as to put kickers off....... personally I d love to see large flags working their way up further in section 30.
    Yea spot on, that's what I want most. We do have the numbers of Titans fans back there. But they probably don't stand out as much because they don' have the banners or the flags.

Large flags the size of the ones we have down the front would be too big to put back there. But I would love to make a heap of big flags back there, the size of your big Titans flags, which I love and they are easy to wave.

Maybe we can make some and hand them out to trusted people behind us. I'm also cool to sit there in the future.

I'm working with Adam to get our megaphone in there. Which we can use to pep up the crowd and get people better involved with our chants. And also... make a more fun atmosphere!