Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Congrats VaVe, The Sharks are going places.

But Who knows where?
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

big loss for the titans Vava is the form frontrower in the toyota cup, sad to see him go is goin gto be a great player in the future

That's a lot of money for a player who's never played first grade, but with Ben Ross getting a season ending injury every time they play the Panthers, I guess they have plenty of cash to throw at a few props.

Thats sucks for the titans but good on Vave just kinda wished he joined a real club not the sharks....

I think the club see big things for Will Matthews but it would have been nice to see Matthews and Vave being the future stars of the Titans. Both really talented players.

If the contract falls through and he stays i will ecstatic otherwise all the best Vave and thanks for writing the Titans vicory chant

Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!

prob saving money for lote sigh

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    prob saving money for lote sigh
    I don't know about that.

The thing is that the Sharks are in a SHOCKING position both on and off the field as well as financially. The NRL playing community know that so for the Sharks to sign anybody they have to pay 'over the odds' so to speak.

The club probably wanted to keep him but they did the right thing by the rest of the squad by not paying a highly touted youngster too much. $300,000 over 2 years is huge money for a kid who has never played 1st grade. I am with everyone when I say I am sad to see him go cos he looks great in the 20's but football history is littered with promising kids who never go on at the top grade. I am not for a second saying that will be him but paying big money for untried players is not a path we should be heading down.

He will be missed though - he looked to me like a real cult figure of the future, like Fuifui.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I am not for a second saying that will be him but paying big money for untried players is not a path we should be heading down.
    I think we would have been fighting a losing battle anyway. There has been articles over the past few months about how he wanted to return to Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    I think we would have been fighting a losing battle anyway. There has been articles over the past few months about how he wanted to return to Sydney.
    Well that in itself justifies Searle's desire to develop and promote local players. That way we don't battle with the 'go home' factor. You can regularly see in the media that Brisbane and Perth AFL teams have had dramas hanging onto good quality signings from Melbourne cos all they want is to head home.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Well that in itself justifies Searle's desire to develop and promote local players. That way we don't battle with the 'go home' factor. You can regularly see in the media that Brisbane and Perth AFL teams have had dramas hanging onto good quality signings from Melbourne cos all they want is to head home.
    It just one of those things I guess. We benefit from it by signing Tomane, lose out by having Vave leave. A local will stand up and fill the spot Vave will leave. This area is a great breeding ground for talented footy players. It's why every team wants a feeder team in the QRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Congrats VaVe, The Sharks are going places.

But Who knows where?
    Spoon shopping
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

Let's just say Vave missed Mummy, Daddy, brothers and sisters alot more than everyone thinks.

Hence the reason he never permanantly lived on the GC.

However, the Titans give him oppurtunity and he's kind betrayed them in a way. It's dissapointing.

Junior Titan

My mail is...Ricky Stuart and the Sharks have indeed spoken to him...but at this point nothing has been signed.

Cant blame him for wanting to return to Sydney if he does go ahead and accept the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BING103 View Post
    Let's just say Vave missed Mummy, Daddy, brothers and sisters alot more than everyone thinks.

Hence the reason he never permanantly lived on the GC.

However, the Titans give him oppurtunity and he's kind betrayed them in a way. It's dissapointing.
    doesn't his dad live up here? I met his dad last season before the dragons game at skilled.Lovely bloke,about 1/3 the size of Sosaia though lol

then a week later in sydney for the roosters game I met his lovely mother,siblings and cousins and they gave me a ticket into the game for free

So gutted if he's really leaving us

We've definately lost more players than we've signed for the 2010 season.
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

If I was him Id be leaving aswell. He's been playing really well all year (in a lower grade) Titans have massive injury list in the forwards this week and a bloke who hasnt played for 10 weeks in Tagatese gets put on the bench before him. That is one big kick in the gut