Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Titans NYC go down to Raiders
    Adam Gardini

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans? NYC side blew an early lead to suffer a 50-32 loss to the Canberra Raiders at Canberra Stadium today.

The Titans led 18-6 midway through the first half but were unable to go on with the job as the Raiders ran in five unanswered tries either side of half time to wrap up the win.

The result leaves the 10th placed Titans outside the top-eight after 17 rounds of the Toyota Cup competition.

They take on 14th placed Parramatta at Skilled Park next Monday.

CANBERRA RAIDERS 50(S Naughton 3, M Picker 2, D Vidot, J Kennedy, M Ward, M McIlwrick tries; M Picker 7 goals) defeated GOLD COAST TITANS 32 (J Rankin, G Borgas, J Vaoa, R Parata, K Foggo, L Taylor tries; J Rankin 4 goals).

Source: http://www.titans.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

hopefully the boys can pull it together against the eels. James, taylor and rankin are all out due to qld schoolboys commitments. They are big shoes to fill but funnier things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by titans_20 View Post
    i agree with most of your comments and i think the team needs some constructive criticism at the moment. If it aint broke dont fix it does not apply to the 20's at the moment. They are broken and need fixing and i guess in order to do that murphy has to juggle things around and try and come up with better combinations than he has had previously. I still believe that the titans need to appoint a fulltime 20's coach and let murphy be the 1st grade assistant coach or the other way round. You cant do both and do a good job with soooo much pressure. Rod Patterson from PBC would be my pick for the 20's coach.
    Finally! someone has thrown rod's name in here!
    he should be coaching this side not murphy!
    Look at the names this man has developed.. Ben ikin, kevin kingston, kevin proctor, sam perret, ben hannat, jordan rapana, anthony watts, daruis boyd, steve micheals, scott anderson, will matthews, shannon walker, clint amos,
    look at murphys record i mean he left seagulls then they won the next year! kids have quit this 20's side due to him ie. grant stevens, fred tila and anthony flores makes you think what the heck is going on in this club!
    at first there was defence when he was critcised of selection but im glad to see people agree that something has to happened before they lose there next 5 games!

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan1980 View Post
    Finally! someone has thrown rod's name in here!
    he should be coaching this side not murphy!
    Look at the names this man has developed.. Ben ikin, kevin kingston, kevin proctor, sam perret, ben hannat, jordan rapana, anthony watts, daruis boyd, steve micheals, scott anderson, will matthews, shannon walker, clint amos,
    look at murphys record i mean he left seagulls then they won the next year! kids have quit this 20's side due to him ie. grant stevens, fred tila and anthony flores makes you think what the heck is going on in this club!
    at first there was defence when he was critcised of selection but im glad to see people agree that something has to happened before they lose there next 5 games!
    I'm also on the Patterson bandwagon as he's proven how good a coach he is over the years , i like Murphy but i think his "Touch Football" back ground is coming through in the 20's defence at the moment
    #itaintweaktospeak