Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

How sad is this...

A LAWYER for the doctor who was with Michael Jackson when he died says the physician found the entertainer in his bed with a faint pulse.

Houston attorney Edward Chernoff says in an interview yesterday with The Associated Press that Dr Conrad Murray went into Jackson's bedroom and saw that he wasn't breathing.

Chernoff says Jackson was still warm and had a faint pulse and that the doctor immediately began administering CPR.

The lawyer's statement counters claims Dr Murray was with the singer when he collapsed, in front of Jackson's eldest son, who thought his father was joking around - but soon stood "in a trance" as the King of Pop's personal doctor frantically tried to revive him, a family confidant told the New York Post.

"The horror of it all is that Prince thought his dad was just being his dad and clowning, but it was real, and he watched as they worked on him," said Stacy Brown, a Jackson family biographer who has spoken extensively to relatives since he died.

"Prince was stunned - in a trance - just watching," Brown said. "There was no movement, just looking around and not really processing what was really happening."

Brown said he was told that when Jackson went into cardiac arrest, he was in the living room of the $100,000-per-month Los Angeles rental with the 12-year-old boy - whose full name is "Prince" Michael Joseph Jackson Jr.

Also there were the pop star's personal physician, Dr Conrad Murray, his long-time friend and one-time manager, Frank DiLeo, and a security guard named Tippy.

That morning, Jackson had been packing up his things in preparation to go to London for an upcoming series of 50 concerts there.

At around 11.30am, Michael was given a shot of Demerol and soon collapsed on the living-room floor, Brown said.

"The guard and the doctor picked him up and put him on the bed from the living room, and that's when they started CPR," he said.

"The doctor said he was 'very pale and cold to the touch,' " he added, citing what he was told by relatives.

As Murray worked on Jackson, Tippy first reached out for the pop singer's father, Joseph, in Las Vegas, to tell him something was wrong.

"Joseph screamed at them to call for help," he said.

"A huge commotion ensued about why 911 wasn't being called and why he wasn't getting help."

Brown says Tippy then called 911. According to the Los Angeles Fire Department, the call was received at 12.21pm local time.

Jackson was rushed to UCLA Medical Center, where doctors shocked his heart and inserted a breathing tube to try to revive him, but were unsuccessful. He was declared dead at 2.26pm West Coast time.

Chernoff says Murray suggested to Jackson's family that an autopsy be performed.

He adds that the doctor did not prescribe or give Jackson the drugs Demerol or Oxycontin.

The lawyer says any drugs Murray prescribed were given in response to a specific complaint from the 50-year-old entertainer

Prince was picked up from the house by a Jackson cousin and taken to the hospital where his grandmother, Katherine, met him.

Jackson's other children - Paris Michael Katherine Jackson, 11, and Prince Michael "Blanket" Jackson II, 7 - were home at the time of his collapse, but did not see their father die.

They were taken to the grandparents' compound in Encino, Calif.

Murray met with police late yesterday. DiLeo did not answer repeated phone calls to his cellphone and his voicemail box was full.

www.heraldsun.com.au
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Michael was looking fantastic at rehersals for his concerts a couple weeks ago.

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

It was just a matter of time. His stomach was full of pills and he was bald according to the autopsy. And he was saying he only wanted to do 10 concerts not 50 and that he was saying that he didnt want to live or somehting like that. His personal doc has been scrutinised for not giving him CPR on a hard surface like its meant to be done on. Interesting..

VH1 are doing a Top 40, it lasts until 7:00pm.

They are playing many of the songs that haven't been played over the last week. It's fantastic, check it out. Great to hear many of his other songs.

R.I.P MICHAEL! I'm glad they are having a public memorial at Neverland.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

yeah i think thats great as well. He never should have had to sell it. Did anyone see the bull**** on channel 9 last night that tried to make him look like a bad guy?

Entertainment Tonight had some awesome footage of his dancers practising and Michael interacting. Also they said the promoters video taped him practising and they might release it on DVD.

They also showed some awesome footage from over a decade ago, filming the clip to They Dont Really Care About Us in Rio. And he was joking and clowning around with all the locals as he filmed, a real entertainer.

Finally got my hands on his thriller album last night (sanity has them back in stock). Also getting the Michael Jackson collection which is all of his C.D's in one box set.

Right about now, I wish I owned a music store.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Right about now, I wish I owned a music store.
    Lots of BS going around, but now they think Rowe is going for custody.

shes a cow!

Walking aroung Rundle Mall today in the city, a few stores were playing MJ hits

Sad day, great entertainer leaves us.

Just watching the funeral service now, was moved by one of the speakers, he said ?Whatever you do, always be the best. If you?re going to be a street sweeper, be the best little street sweeper that ever did sweep.?

This to me is a great saying, we all have dreams, sometimes we dont exactly become what we set out to be, but that is no excuse for not trying to be the best of what we are. Whether that is father/mother, brother, fan, footballer, friend. You can always be the best you can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Sad day, great entertainer leaves us.

Just watching the funeral service now, was moved by one of the speakers, he said.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luther King Jr.
    ?Whatever you do, always be the best. If you?re going to be a street sweeper, be the best little street sweeper that ever did sweep.?
    This to me is a great saying, we all have dreams, sometimes we dont exactly become what we set out to be, but that is no excuse for not trying to be the best of what we are. Whether that is father/mother, brother, fan, footballer, friend. You can always be the best you can be.
    it was Martin Luther King III quoting Martin Luther King Jr.

another quote i took from the memorial was "Smile though your heart is aching" taken from a song by charlie chaplin (michaels fav song)
    so no matter what smile, coz "whats the use of crying? you'll find that life is worthwhile, if you just smile"

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

I just still can't believe he is gone. But I know that it will probably never feel like he is gone. It will for his friends and family who knew him personally. But for the world and the fans, he has risen into an eternally ascended star.

His work is timeless and everyone is going back rediscovering it and enjoying it all at once. Before we were dripfeed Michael's work as we moved through life with him. There is just so much to get lost in and it is of such diversity and quality it can be savoured. And there will certainly be new material to come in the future.

What a life Michael has had and what an effect. One thing I remember Michael for would be being an icon of western culture that probably helped the west win the cold war. That is certainly one of my memories from the 80s.

I'm glad you guys watched the memorial as well. I have to agree with both your highlights.

Michael would have been so proud of that Memorial. Also Al Shafton was incredible.

The best thing to me was when Paris at the end wanted to speak on behalf of her father....

"Ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father I could imagine," she said, dissolving into tears and turning into the arms of her aunt Janet. "I just want to say I love him so much."

I couldn't imagine a more heartfelt and moving thing. Out of everything anyone said, this was the most emotional. And it turned everything, the way we think of Michael on its head. Because we were never exposed to his personal family life.

I thought....wow. What an amazing few sentences to bookend Michael's LIFE. As we move into the next era of his LEGACY.

LONG LIVE THE KING! THE SOUNDTRACK TO HUMANITY!
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 08-07-09 at 05:44 PM.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Well he has gone we'v all said good bye its sad bt we all can get on with life now...............

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    it was Martin Luther King III quoting Martin Luther King Jr.

ahh ok, wasnt totally paying attention, but that did catch my ear so i rewound.

Great philosophy to have in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.