Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Legion Round 16: TITANS vs WARRIORS

TITANS vs WARRIORS

Legion Tickets: http://www.ticketek.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I thought I had better post up a Legion thread for the Warriors game.

Just a few days left and it's on.

I'm glad it is 5:30pm Saturday. It's my favourite time slot.

Should be a big turn out for The Legion as well. Grab your tickets asap!

We could also use some special chants.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Beside the SFS game, this is almost a home game for the Warriors. All their reletives will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
    Beside the SFS game, this is almost a home game for the Warriors. All their reletives will be there.
    True, I remember the last few games featuring the Warriors on the Coast.

Hopefully the Titans smash them on the field, so we don't have to hear that....

KKKKIIIIIIWWWWWIIIIII chant.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    True, I remember the last few games featuring the Warriors on the Coast.

Hopefully the Titans smash them on the field, so we don't have to hear that....

KKKKIIIIIIWWWWWIIIIII chant.
    You can't go getting too cheaky with the Warriors crowd because you bet your bottom dollar they know someone bigger than you and its usually their Cuz or Uncle.

You can't go getting too cheaky with the Warriors crowd because you bet your bottom dollar they know someone bigger than you and its usually their Cuz or Uncle.
    OL tell me about it. But I have to say Warriors fans rule. They are awesome and friendly rugby league loving people. Rugby league has strong historical roots in New Zealand with Pacific Islanders and Maoris.

I remember last year being on the train, there was heaps of them. But I had a great time talking league with them. Also had a good time at the World Cup Semi with many of then, even though I was wearing an England jerse!

But I have a great idea for a song. It's about the Titans and Legion, not anti Warriors. I half came up with it the other week at the Roosters vs Gold Coast game. Just working on the other half now.

This will translate well to people hearing us at a distance.

Hey guys

There will be a guy called ADAM who will be joining you for this game. He is the 20 or so year old son of a Foundation member who wanted to come join the Legion experience!

He's got his tix in the Legion Bay already.

I've told him to go to the front of the Legion Bay when he gets there and introduce himself - I've mentioned the names of Brad, Steve, Doug, Mel, Paul, Adam etc etc for him to look for. Apparently he's going to be there for the Under 20s game.

Please make him feel welcome into the Legion family... although I have no doubts you guys will

Have a great night!

i'll start a umm Interstate Legion for the titans haha

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide Titan View Post
    i'll start a umm Interstate Legion for the titans haha
    You can be the first of our South Australian Legion

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackWillie
    Hey guys

There will be a guy called ADAM who will be joining you for this game. He is the 20 or so year old son of a Foundation member who wanted to come join the Legion experience!

He's got his tix in the Legion Bay already.

I've told him to go to the front of the Legion Bay when he gets there and introduce himself - I've mentioned the names of Brad, Steve, Doug, Mel, Paul, Adam etc etc for him to look for. Apparently he's going to be there for the Under 20s game.

Please make him feel welcome into the Legion family... although I have no doubts you guys will

Have a great night!
    Is Adam the guy who was at the Roosters game in Gosford? He said he would coe visit us in the Legion. If it is the same guy, he will fit in well with us. Great to get some new blood!

In other news Dennis has gotten a ticket. And I should be able to give Stevo and Dennis lifts to the Coast.

sweet

one day when I come over there, i will do my best to introduce myself
    i'll blend in well with all my Titans gear!

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide Titan View Post
    sweet

one day when I come over there, i will do my best to introduce myself
    i'll blend in well with all my Titans gear!
    Yea you'll be ONE OF US, ONE OF US.

Hope to see everyone there tomorrow. Weather looks to clear up. It'd going to be a big one all round.

As GCT 07 alluded to in the match discussion thread, The LEGION section is sold out early for the 2nd match in a row. I will be asking for an expansion in our rows.

This will also mean we can get the word out that we are growing and it is a good excuse for a press release.

I will get back to you all about the expansion. We certainly need it, especially if everyone decides to bring friends, especially for the Broncos and Cowboys games.

.... Too True.............having said that...... most.... not all.. but most..... are just pashionate about their football like we are and I would say are more like big teddy bears........ but a teddy bear with a growl......LOL

Having said that..... I believe we need to find a way of growling a hell of a lot louder than any of the away fans.... did anyone see the comments from Princey in todays paper...

June 26th, 2009

THE PRINCE DIARIES by Titans captain Scott Prince

GOLD COAST Titans fans, it's time to suit up. Your team needs you like never before.

But we don't want to just see you there -- we want to hear you. It is time to be loud and proud.

Let me explain.

When I first started playing first grade for the Cowboys in Townsville in 1996 the club was new and the city was still rejoicing in the fact they had a rugby league team to follow.

The fans would come to games in droves and they would sit in the stands in awe.

They were passionate league and Cowboys fans, but they would sit there almost spellbound by the fact that their heroes were running around in front of them.

From a player's point of view it was great to have plenty of people in the stands, but it was like somebody had turned the volume down.

A few years later, I had moved on to the Brisbane Broncos and I remember going back to Townsville and being astounded.

The volume switch was up to 10, the fans were fanatically behind their home team and myself and the rest of the Brisbane team knew we were in enemy territory.

The fans gave it to us. The same needs to happen here.

After a long battle, the Gold Coast rugby league community convinced the NRL to place a team here. And you fans are fantastic.

From day one you have been at our games in numbers but just like in Townsville it is time to turn the volume up.

In recent games at Skilled Park, we know we have your support but what we have been hearing is the far fewer supporters from Manly or St George Illawarra.

For not one second am I suggesting anyone be unruly, aggressive or abusive. We want you cheering, booing and having fun.

From a player's point of view, home crowds are points on the board. A vocal home crowd is even more than that, it is an 18th man who comes on when we need him most.

When we are defending our line, especially if the opposition manage to get a repeat set, we need to hear you -- Titans! Titans!

When there is the slightest hint that the opposition have infringed -- high shot, forward pass, knock-on -- we need to hear you telling the ref (take it from me, it works).

When one of our blokes makes a big hit in defence we need to hear you.

When the opposition goal kicker is attempting a conversion we need him to hear you.

Because the Gold Coast is such a sensational place, the nation's tourist mecca, we will always have strong support for opposition teams here. Fans plan their Coast holiday for when their team plays here.

We need away teams and their fans to have no doubt that they are in enemy territory and that is never more important than tomorrow afternoon when we face the Warriors.

The New Zealanders always draw a big crowd here because of the amount of Kiwis who live here and love rugby league.

The Titans Legion do a great job but the rest of the stadium needs to follow your lead. If you saw our miracle win against the Roosters and the reaction of fan Matt Davis, you will know what I am talking about.

You are at the footy, not the ballet. Leave your inhibitions at home.

Here's my dear-diary notes.

Saturday: Relaxing at Novotel Twin Waters with the family. Girls driving me mad. Great spending time with them, but rain and cooped up in a motel room not the best combo. Most fun was bike riding. Caught up with mates Noel and Julie Goldthorpe and also Neil, Sharon and young Eastyn.

Sunday: Australia Zoo. Great time. All had a lot of fun. Only animal they don't have is a panda (opening for you Jase). Kristy didn't appreciate me trying to push her into the crocodile pen.

Monday: Back at training. McDaddy flogged us. Holiday officially over.

Tuesday: Today Show interview then weights, defensive session and then wrestling. Stuffed but off to see The Hangover. Go and see it. Titans TV later in the day.

Wednesday: Training, Carty concentrating on obeying the 'Six Commandments'. Origin at Home. Queenslander.

Thursday: Day off. Starting to focus on those boys from across the Tasman. Keen to get back into it. Bring on Saturday, 5.30pm.

Now while for the first half I was like... hmmmm mate i leave the game without a voice most nights..... by the time I got to the end I realise the point he was trying to make......... Now how to get this to happen... I have no idea...... we did play with the idea of booking out the first few rows of the away bay one game....... yeah i know.. tad cheeky but what the heck.....

I m not sure.. ....... but I agree with Princey...... its got to get louder .....Obviously growing the Legion Membership will work long term.... but what do we do in the meantime.

Here's to 2015

I am glad that this topic is on he agenda at large. It's important to us all.

For starters hopefully a lot of people will read the paper and accept the rally call of our skipper. Scott really spells it out well. It's well articulated.

We really need those east and west stands rocking. Maybe we can do a lot more about the northern stand. I remember early last year how Dannyboi and GCT 89 patrolled around the steel sections next to us to rev everyone up.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    As GCT 07 alluded to in the match discussion thread, The LEGION section is sold out early for the 2nd match in a row. I will be asking for an expansion in our rows.

This will also mean we can get the word out that we are growing and it is a good excuse for a press release.

I will get back to you all about the expansion. We certainly need it, especially if everyone decides to bring friends, especially for the Broncos and Cowboys games.
    I would get a membership, but unless I can get a half membership it's not worth it at this stage of the year.