Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Its good Cartright has stuck to his guns on Discipline and/or form. However I think Kingi Akoula would be a much better option than Atkins, actually i probably rate Kingi equally as good as Esi.

Taga is slowly coming into form and this is because of fitness, once this guy is up to game speed watch out.

I also think Cartright needs to tinker the Mead/Atkins combo. To me Mead is a natural centre who has good fotwork runs great lines hard and fast. Mead would be an absolute handful for any opposing defending centre in comp.
    cant agree more with tinkering with mead and atkins, the lines that mead runs are impressive and he always seems to make ground and hit the line hard at pace, Taga improved so much in one week so i cant wait for him to get a more game time

If Tagatese continues to improve his form to what his normally like he will be in the starting side week in week out. He is a very versatile player and can cover a few positions, but he has a little element of unpredictability with his game that can destroy teams. With tagatese in form our team could look like this.

1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Rogers
    4. Tonga
    5. Mead (Walker)
    6. Presto
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Friend
    10. Henderson
    11. Laffranchi
    12. Mini
    13. Harrison

14. Cannings / White (Depending on Bubba's Shoulder)
    15. Myers
    16. Tagatese
    17. ODwyer

BTW Whites form on the weekend against the Warriors was superb! Best game in titans colours!

Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!

Friendy's 100th on Friday night as well.

Fire up boys and give the little man the sort of night he deserves!!

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Friendy's 100th on Friday night as well.

Fire up boys and give the little man the sort of night he deserves!!
    Imagine how focused and keyed up Nathan is gonna be? Happy 100th Friendy!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans eyeing historic NRL home final

Gold Coast hooker Nathan Friend believes a win over South Sydney on Friday night should be just about enough to clinch the Titans an NRL home final.

The Titans are sitting in third place on the ladder ahead of their trip to ANZ Stadium, five points ahead of fifth-placed Penrith with four rounds remaining.

Friend said it would be great to play a final at home, knowing how vocal the fans get at Skilled Park.

"But first and foremost just to be in the finals is a big achievement on behalf of the club, from Searly (chief executive Michael Searle) right through to the playing staff," Friend told reporters on Wednesday.

"We certainly need a home semi to get as much support as we can to get over the line.

"We've got a pretty good differential at the moment. I think from five to 12 there's only one or two points amongst the guys.

"To be five clear at this stage, it's a good buffer to have and we've got a couple more home games coming up so if we can get over Souths on the weekend we should be close enough to manage a (top four) spot."

Coach John Cartwright said while there's been a lot of outside speculation about the Titans' chances of making the semis, it's not something the players have been talking about.

"People are saying we've made the semis but that's definitely not been said within our four walls," he said.

Friend said Friday night's game against the Rabbitohs will be a big test of both teams.

"They'll be playing with a lot of confidence," he said.

"And it's going to be a tough road trip for us, but we got a lot of confidence out of our road trip last weekend against the Warriors and we trained pretty confidently yesterday and there's no reason why we can't back up that showing this week."

Friend racks up 100 NRL games this week.

"I was very excited to play my first NRL game and I'll be much the same come Friday night in Sydney," he said.

And with wife Kelly giving birth to their second son Oliver last week, Friend said he has plans for the jersey he'll be wearing.

"I'll send it home to Mum, she's got the wall of fame at home.

"At the present it probably doesn't seem too significant, but Mum will iron it and put it away and once my boys get a little bit older I might pull it out and show them - they might appreciate it."

Source: http://www.nrl.com / AAP

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Semi-final a long wait for Minichiello

RAMPAGING backrower Mark Minichiello has declared he is not about to die wondering as he prepares for the first finals campaign of his eight-year NRL career.

Despite making his debut in 2002 with the Sydney Roosters and fast closing in on 150 first grade games, Minichiello has never had the opportunity to play finals footy.

The NSW City Origin representative, who missed out on his shot at State of Origin selection through injury this season, said he was looking forward to `finding out what he is really made of'.

"It is going to be really exciting," said the 27-year-old, who spent four seasons with the struggling Rabbitohs from 2003-06.

"I have been around for a little while now but never played semi-final football, so it is something new to me.

"Obviously I am not thinking too much about that yet.

"There are still four more games left to play and we have to get through them first.

"But playing finals will be a new challenge and another step up again. "The intensity and the speed of the game will increase and that is when you really have to dig deep and find out what you are made of."

The Gold Coast's convincing 30-10 win in New Zealand on Sunday puts them on 30 points, safely past the predicted top-eight cut-off.

Minichiello said the Titans' sights were now set on a top-four finish and securing a home final at Skilled Park, where they have lost just one game from 10 outings this year.

"The first two years we put ourselves in a great position to be there in the finals but the back end of the season really fell away for us," he said.

"We have really come a long way since then and we are a much better team this year.

"We are definitely in the finals now. So now we are just looking forward to securing a top-four spot and hopefully a home semi."

A foundation Titan, Minichiello said he was proud to see all the effort of the past three years pay off.

"It is has been great to see the way the team has developed and individual players have developed," he said.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Friend to notch 100th game against Bunnies

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans hooker Nathan Friend will notch up his career milestone 100th NRL game when the Titans take on the South Sydney Rabbitohs in Sydney on Friday night.

Friend is a foundation player for the Jetstar Titans and also the club?s most capped player with 65 career games for the Gold Coast since 2007.

Although the milestone has been eight years in the making, Friend said it was definitely worth the wait and that he will be hoping to remain the Titans? ?Mr Consistent? in the years to come.

Titans hooker Nathan Friend ?I?m stoked to be honest, I was very excited to play my first NRL game and I?ll probably be much the same come Friday night against the Rabbitohs,? Friend said.

?It?s been a long time coming, it?s been eight years since my debut but it?s been worth the wait.

?I?ve got another two years here and hopefully I can play out every game in the following years.?

Jetstar Titans coach John Cartwright said the milestone was a reflection of Friend?s toughness.

?To get 100 games is a testament to his ability and also the courage he plays with when he?s out on the field,? Cartwright said.

?It?s a tough game, one of the toughest and to do it in the position he plays and the way that he plays, is a huge achievement.

?It is a huge achievement and one that he will look back on in his career.??

It has been a week of milestones for Friend who late last week welcomed his second child into the world, with he and wife Kelly celebrating the birth of baby Oliver.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

Lets hope the boys can get over the line for Friendy in his milestone game! That tends to give teams some momentum heading into a game with a teammate playing in a milestone match!
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

5.10pm - Gates Open
    5.20pm - Toyota Cup - South Sydney Rabbitohs v Gold Coast Titans
    7.35pm - NRL - South Sydney Rabbitohs v Gold Coast Titans

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Its good Cartright has stuck to his guns on Discipline and/or form. However I think Kingi Akoula would be a much better option than Atkins, actually i probably rate Kingi equally as good as Esi.
    Kingi is great, can bust a tackle, scored two on the weekend, loved him in the '20's last year. Bring him in, then we have a prince and a kingi.

Carty just on NRL on Fox, implied that Esi wasn't necessarily done on a first offense. Didn't suggest it was anything more than ill discipline though.

Preview: Rabbitohs v Titans
    Scott Brooks, Sportal

VENUE & TIME: ANZ Stadium, Friday August 14, 7.35pm (AEST).
    COVERAGE: Channel 9
    LAST TIME: Titans 22 - Rabbitohs 14 at Skilled Park, Round 8, 2009.

WALKING WOUNDED: Luke Stuart will skipper the Rabbitohs for the remainder of the season after regular captain Roy Asotasi was ruled out for six months with a right knee ACL injury. Asotasi's absence results in David Fa'alogo moving from the back-row to prop, allowing Michael Crocker to move off the bench into the lock position. Jamie Simpson returns from a hip injury, replacing impressive young rookie Chris McQueen on the wing.
    The Titans have lost forward Aaron Cannings with a shoulder injury, but Michael Henderson - a late withdrawal last weekend with the flu - returns to soften the blow. Utility Luke O'Dwyer (ankle) is due back next week, while centre Brett Delaney (hamstring) may not see any action until the finals.

FORM: The Rabbitohs erased the disappointment of their Round 21 second-half capitulation against the Bulldogs with a comprehensive 14-point defeat of reigning premier Manly at Brookvale Oval last Saturday night. The high-flying Bunnies have won four of their last five and are benefiting greatly from an expansive style of footy that many fans of the club were craving earlier in the season. They are one point out of the top-eight, but remain locked in a battle with a host of other teams for the bottom four positions in the eight. The Titans all-but confirmed a top-four spot last Sunday when they easily accounted for the Warriors 30-10 in Auckland. If ever a team is flying under the radar it's this mob and with a relatively easy run home, John Cartwright's men should hit their first ever finals campaign with plenty of confidence.

WHO'S HOT:
    Beau Champion should be viewed as a long-term prospect for the South Sydney club. The passionate 22-year-old puts in 100 percent every time he dons the famous cardinal and myrtle jumper, evidenced by his kissing of the South Sydney logo after scoring a try. He managed to do just that on two occasions against Manly and was responsible for a sensational touchline ball rescue which resulted in a freakish Rabbitohs try. How coach Jason Taylor found the need to drop him earlier in the year is still a mystery.
    Titans co-captain Luke Bailey showed he's primed for his first finals campaign since 2006 with a dominating forward performance against the Warriors. 'Bull' finished the match 192m from 22 hit-ups and ploughed through a mountain of defence.

WE THINK: If desperation was the sole indicator of a victor here then Souths could romp home considering a loss has the potential to throw their top-eight chances into complete chaos. The Titans, coming off a Sunday game across the ditch, are well entrenched in the top-four and as a result may be a little off the boil. The loss of Asotasi is a blow to the Bunnies but they are playing with such confidence at present that they can overcome the big Kiwi's absence in what should be a tight one. Rabbitohs by 4.

TEAMS
    South Sydney Rabbitohs:
    Nathan Merritt, Jamie Simpson, Colin Best, Beau Champion, Fetuli Talanoa, John Sutton, Chris Sandow, Luke Stuart [c], Issac Luke, David Fa'alago, Ben Lowe, Eddy Pettybourne, Michael Crocker. Interchange: Craig Wing, Shannan McPherson, Dave Tyrrell, Scott Geddes.

St George Illawarra:
    William Zillman, Kevin Gordon, Mat Rogers, Jordan Atkins, David Mead, Preston Campbell, Scott Prince [c], Luke Bailey [c], Nathan Friend, Michael Henderson, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Minichiello, Josh Graham. Interchange: Matthew White, Will Matthews, Brad Meyers, Sam Tagataese.

Referees: Tony Archer & Gerard Sutton

www.sportal.com.au/league

I think the Bunnies desperation will definately help them play better as well as wanting to lift for their injured captain Asotasi. The Titans are safe in the 4 but will want to prove they are a force heading into the finals series.
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide Titan View Post
    Preview: Rabbitohs v Titans
    Scott Brooks, Sportal

TEAMS

South Sydney Rabbitohs:
    Nathan Merritt, Jamie Simpson, Colin Best, Beau Champion, Fetuli Talanoa, John Sutton, Chris Sandow, Luke Stuart [c], Issac Luke, David Fa'alago, Ben Lowe, Eddy Pettybourne, Michael Crocker. Interchange: Craig Wing, Shannan McPherson, Dave Tyrrell, Scott Geddes.

St George Illawarra:
    William Zillman, Kevin Gordon, Mat Rogers, Jordan Atkins, David Mead, Preston Campbell, Scott Prince [c], Luke Bailey [c], Nathan Friend, Michael Henderson, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Minichiello, Josh Graham. Interchange: Matthew White, Will Matthews, Brad Meyers, Sam Tagataese.

[

www.sportal.com.au/league

hmmmmm me thinks this guy been having drinky poh instead of concentrating on what he s writing........I m sorry matey...... but red and white just wouldnt suit me..... that red would just clash.....

Here's to 2015

1. William Zillman
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Mat Rogers
    4. Jordan Atkins
    5. David Mead
    6. Preston Campbell
    7. Scott Prince [c]
    8. Luke Bailey [c]
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Michael Henderson
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Josh Graham

14. Matthew White
    15. Will Matthews
    16. Brad Meyers
    17. Sam Tagataese

Our forwards are gonna roll them, check out the bench. Presto and Prince will have a field day with all the room in the world......
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

wow just read an article saying carty said esi prob wont play finals footy...
    like come on.... he stuff'd up once, he dont deserve to loose his spot which he has made his own to some guy who cant play as half as good, i dnt care wat other ppl think of atkins, tonga is 5 times better then atkins n grahman, put 2gether. we need him for our finals campaign.