Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Did anyone else notice Isaac Luke pull Rogers sock over his boot with about a minute left in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Did anyone else notice Isaac Luke pull Rogers sock over his boot with about a minute left in the game?
    Yea, I saw that on the Sunday Roast! How totally weird! And it was US who wanted to slow play down, not them!

I wonder how Matty felt about it, too bad he isnt on the LIVE chat on Titans TV this week. We could have asked him!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Yep....... saw it.... thought ......... tool......well..... another word that doesnt sound like tool

Here's to 2015

QLD Cup Titan

Yeah how strange was that???

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Yea, I saw that on the Sunday Roast! How totally weird! And it was US who wanted to slow play down, not them!

I wonder how Matty felt about it, too bad he isnt on the LIVE chat on Titans TV this week. We could have asked him!
    What did they say about it?

What did they say about it?
    Oh I thought you saw it as well.

Snork basically said how weird it was and couldnt understand why he did it because the Bunnies needed to speed up play not slow it down.

Vossy spoke of the coming "socking" epidemic that will be coming to rugby league.

As soon as I saw it I thought of GCT 07, Matty's #1 fan and LOL'd at what she'd think about it.

I wanna start keeping a computer file on all the odd things, sledges and incidences to do with players. So we have some great and creative and well researching sledging material for The Legion!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Come on Brad.... you should know me well enough to know that what I thought cant be typed in here ....... so i ve gone with the summerized version for kiddies eyes and left it at TOOL!

Here's to 2015

Looks like Zillman could be in a bit of trouble with his biting charge. But Simpson shoved his arm right into his mouth.
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Bite slur `masks Souths slump'

FURIOUS Gold Coast officials yesterday sank their teeth into Souths boss Shane Richardson after he vowed to bring down Titans fullback William Zillman over biting allegations.

Titans managing director Michael Searle and head coach John Cartwright took aim at Richardson, saying his comments were simply aimed at deflecting attention away from the Rabbitohs' failed finals bid.

"It is typical of Shane Richardson," said Searle.

"Their season is over, so it reeks of that. This is just a good opportunity for them to divert the attention away from themselves really because they have had another failed season."

Zillman was placed on report for allegedly biting Souths winger Jamie Simpson on the arm in the 11th minute of the Gold Coast's 22-14 victory over the Rabbitohs in Sydney on Friday night.

The loss virtually delivered the last rites to Souths' chances of making the finals.

On Saturday, Richardson lashed out at claims by Titans players the biting incident was an accident, believing it made Simpson look like a 'liar'.

Richardson said he would produce secret video footage in an attempt to have Zillman suspended by the judiciary.

"That is rubbish," said Cartwright. "No one ever accused Jamie Simpson of anything.

"All we said was that Zillman didn't bite him. We are saying that any contact was accidental.

"When Simpson and Zillman left the field (at the end of the game), Zilly was of the understanding that Simpson was happy that it was not done on purpose and that it was accidental contact.

"They left the field with that knowledge between them.

"We were of the opinion that Souths weren't going to go any further with it. I really don't know what their angle is.

"They have got nothing to gain by crucifying a kid who doesn't have a nasty bone in his body.

"Shane Richardson probably just wanted to see his name in the paper."

The NRL match review committee will meet today before deciding whether to refer the case to the judiciary without charge, include a charge, or rule Zillman has no case to answer.

Because the footage clearly shows Zillman's mouth making contact with Simpson's right forearm, it is expected the case will progress to the judiciary.

"We will defend it vigorously because it is a slur on his character," said Searle.

"We have already started to prepare a defence and the reason we are going to defend it vigorously is because William Zillman is a young man we regard highly in our organisation.

"I believe William Zillman and I will do whatever I have to do to defend him."

The incident comes two years after Bulldogs backrower Brad Morrin was suspended for eight weeks for biting Timana Tahu.

This season, Manly's Matt Ballin did not want to press on with a biting allegation against Dragon Jamie Soward.

The matter was not pursued by the match review committee.

"Jamie Simpson did what he did and he has got to live with that but I will protect Zillman until the cows come home," said Cartwright, hinting he is a believer in what happens on the field should stay on the field.

"As far as I am concerned, any contact was accidental.

"He had a mouthguard on and pressure on his head and was trying to get his head out of the way.

"His mouth never closed. If you bite someone, they jump. Simpson never jumped."

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

God I love our big boss man........ the way he is so direct where everyone else pretties around the issue

"It is typical of Shane Richardson," said Searle.

"Their season is over, so it reeks of that. This is just a good opportunity for them to divert the attention away from themselves really because they have had another failed season."

Cracked me up

Oh and

"Shane Richardson probably just wanted to see his name in the paper."

Still laughing over that one.

He s like this big gentle giant....... but dont F with him cause he will bite

Love Him

Here's to 2015

In the day and age of political correctness, especially in sport where we get bombarded with cliches. It sure is refreshing to see a bit of passion and niggle in the press.

Carty and Michael are fantastic, passionate and wear their hearts on their sleeve.

I also love how they are backing Zillman to the hilt.

All For One and One For All! That is the Titans spirit!

Well spoken by Searle and Carty. It didnt look at all as if he meant any malice in the bite, there was nothing in it, its not as if he ripped his arm open with it.
    they will never make the finals unless they HARDEN THE **** UP!
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Zillman's case has been forwarded to the judiciary.

Realistically it looks like he will get suspended but i want to know roughly how long will he be out for?

Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!