Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The key against the warriors is to kick them while they're down.

Titans need to start fast with a couple of early tries and not let up the intensity. If the Warriors are given a sniff, they will be hard as now they have nothing to lose and can have some fun with the ball. Broncos did that and scored some very quick tries against us.

Here is a link for the weather forecast for the next 5 days in Aukland. This could prove to be crucial to our chances:

http://www.metservice.co.nz/public/l.../auckland.html

Exciting to think what Carty will do tommorow, will it be...

4. Rogers
    5. Mead/Walker

4. Walker
    5. Mead

4. Graham
    5. Mead/Walker

i can see it being graham for some reason

Rogers likely to return in centres

IT was the position he made his own last season.

So when Gold Coast Titans five-eighth Mat Rogers makes his return from injury against the Warriors in New Zealand on Sunday it will be no surprise if he does so in the centres.

The dual-international trained strongly yesterday, showing no ill-effects of the rib injury that has sidelined him for the past fortnight.

With skipper Scott Prince and dynamo Preston Campbell steering the ship in the halves against the Broncos and Cowboys, the 34-year-old hopes he can make `some sort of a difference' in his return to the field.

"Our halves combination has been going really well with Princey and Preston and Zilly (William Zillman) at the back but where Carty sees that I fit into the picture is up to him," said Rogers ahead of his return to the side at the expense of injured centre Brett Delaney.

"When you change positions and move into a new spot like I have over the last 18 months, it makes you work hard in little areas.

"There's still a lot to work on so given my chance to get back in there (at five-eighth), I would relish it but if I'm in a different position so be it.

"I just want to get back into the squad and hopefully make some sort of a difference."

While age may have kept his training to a minimum this season, Rogers yesterday admitted a full week on the training paddock may be just what he needs as he attempts to help the Titans reach their maiden finals appearance.

Running freely across the park, there was little doubt the competitive fire was still burning in the former Cronulla Sharks' belly.

And he admits his limited preparation in the past may have contributed to his run of bad luck on the injury front.

"I hate saying it at the age I am, but I probably need a full week of training to go into the games," he enthused.

"I think that's what's caused me to get injured ... but I'm fit to play."

As the Bulldogs and St George continue to leave a big impression on the competition, Rogers said the Titans needed to replicate the form of the top sides if they were to be any real chance of stamping their mark as premiership contenders.

"We can't take the position we are in for granted, the top sides are starting to play good football," stressed Rogers.

"Canterbury showed their quality and St George are going from strength to strength.

"The top sides are really starting to put their foot down and if we want to be counted as a good side, we need to do that as well."

Rogers said proving that started on Sunday.

Knowing the club can expect a tough encounter against the Warriors, unlike many of his NRL rivals, Rogers said he relished the trip across the Tasman.

The Warriors will be keen to make amends for last weekend's performance where they blew a 26-point lead with 25 minutes to play against the Panthers before escaping with a 32-all draw.

"It's going to be a good test (against the Warriors)," said Rogers.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Carty tells Titans to forget the chasers

JOHN Cartwright has urged his players to concentrate on getting their own back yard in order as they look to cement their maiden NRL finals berth.

The Titans were forced to sweat it out on the training paddock yesterday, with strength and conditioning coach Chris McLellan working the squad hard after last Friday's 34-18 loss to the Cowboys.

Cartwright denied yesterday's heavy training session was a result of the loss to North Queensland, instead suggesting the squad needed a good hitout given their nine-day turnaround for this weekend's tough trip across the Tasman against the New Zealand Warriors.

"We have a good turnaround between games, so a tough one was always on the cards," he said.

Brett Delaney will miss the trip after tearing a hamstring last Friday night, but the Titans should be bolstered with playmaker Mat Rogers (ribs) and workhorse Anthony Laffranchi (suspension) returning to the side.

Chris Walker trained on his own yesteday and could play this weekend, however Cartwright has ruled out a return for Queensland Origin hero Ashley Harrison from a rib injury.

Cartwright admits it was up to the players to step up after they allowed the Cowboys to jump out of the blocks on the weekend.

Several results did work in the favour of the Titans, including the Roosters' triumph over the Knights, but the coach said it was up to his men to show consistency in the last rounds of the season.

"A few results went our way and kept us in there, (but) once you start looking around at what's coming behind you, it's not a good place to be," he said.

"It's in our own hands now and you don't have to worry about what the other teams are doing.

"As long as we're consistent we will be up there somewhere."

Despite the Warriors languishing near the bottom of the ladder, Cartwright knows the Titans can expect a physical challenge.

And he was quick to dismiss suggestions the competition was a two-horse race between St George Illawarra and Canterbury, saying every side would be out to end the season on a high.

"(The competition) is wide open and I think those two sides (St George and the Bulldogs) are definitely beatable as well," he said.

"It happens every year, you get to the end of the year and everyone has something to play for whether it's a spot in the eight, the top four, the top two or to avoid the wooden spoon.

"Every side has something to play for and there's light at the end of the tunnel, there's going to be no easy games between now and the end of the year."

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I know our own Titan Pete is heading over the Tasman Sea to cheer on the Titans. Remember to bring us back some pictures. It is one away trip I would love to do one day.
    I've bought a new Camera for the occasion so i'll take plenty of pic's
    #itaintweaktospeak

This would be my side for this week

1.Zillman
    2.Gordon
    3.Tonga
    4.Rogers
    5.Mead
    6.Campbell
    7.Prince
    8.Bailey
    9.Friend
    10.Henderson
    11.Laffranchi
    12.Minichello
    13.Odwyer

14.Cannings
    15.White
    16.Graham
    17.Meyers
    18.Walker
    #itaintweaktospeak

We certaintly need the likes of Rogers and Walker back in the side. Mini Laffranchi will be a boost aswell. Pretty much a full side which we havnt had for a couple weeks now.
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

When is Chalky due back?

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    When is Chalky due back?
    He's back to full training this week so if he's not back this week it will be the following
    #itaintweaktospeak

1. William Zillman
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Mat Rogers
    4. Jordan Atkins
    5. David Mead
    6. Preston Campbell
    7. Scott Prince (C)
    8. Luke Bailey (C)
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Michael Henderson
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Josh Graham

Interchange:
    14. Aaron Cannings
    15. Matthew White
    16. Brad Meyers
    17. Chris Walker
    18. Will Matthews

[Warriors - 1. Kevin Locke 2. Patrick Ah Van 3. Elijah Taylor 4. Joel Moon 5. Manu Vatuvei 6. Aaron Heremaia 7. Stacey Jones 8. Sam Rapira 9. Lewis Brown 10. Russell Packer 11. Simon Mannering 12. Ben Matulino 13. Micheal Luck (C)
    Interchange: 14. Lance Hohaia 15. Evarn Tuimavave 16. Jacob Lillyman 17. Ukuma Ta?ai

Titans - 1. William Zillman 2. Kevin Gordon 3. Mat Rogers 4. Jordan Atkins 5. David Mead 6. Preston Campbell 7. Scott Prince (C) 8. Luke Bailey (C) 9. Nathan Friend 10. Michael Henderson 11. Anthony Laffranchi 12. Mark Minichiello 13. Josh Graham
    Interchange: 14. Aaron Cannings 15. Matthew White 16. Brad Meyers 17. Chris Walker; Reserves: 18. Will Matthews
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

What happened to Esi?

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    What happened to Esi?
    Nothing was mentioned about him in the team announcement video. It wouldn't be because he plays left centre, would it? Rogers or Esi could have played left centre? I think Atkins is probably better in the centres. Anyone know how he's been going in the QCup? I see he scored two tries on the weekend.