Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide Titan View Post
    Next week we will get our key players back and have our players in the right positions and it will help. Im just worried about the fact we are on the road. Our last 2 home games are must wins now!
    the key players, that was the broncs problem last week. i didn't see anyone in here give them any pity. depth is the problem at the titans, all 3 seasons. a few players out, bye bye again. had a fortunate run with injury all season before now.

Here's the difference. St. George get a game against Storm who put it to them. St. George battle and take the game back to the Storm. They win.
    We get a game against a team that put it to us, and we fold.
    Disgusting exhibition.
    We have no claim on the premiership.
    We will finish fourth, absolutely no doubt.
    Prince had a shocker. The challenge of Thurston overwhelmed him and he completely folded. How many times did he get caught with the football on fifth tackle. He had no idea what to do.

Hopefully this is the loss we need to kick the guys into gear. Cartwright needs to stop playing guys out of position to cover injuries. A second rower goes out, get another second rower in there. If he doesn't have enough faith in our depth, something should be done about it. Conn wasn't able to play tonight? Tagatese? Berdie? Someone from 20's?

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Hopefully this is the loss we need to kick the guys into gear. Cartwright needs to stop playing guys out of position to cover injuries. A second rower goes out, get another second rower in there. If he doesn't have enough faith in our depth, something should be done about it. Conn wasn't able to play tonight? Tagatese? Berdie? Someone from 20's?
    He played he was in number 19.....

Yeah, but he could have started and had Bailey in the front row, sorry didn't really make it clear.

This article says Delaney is looking at 4-6 weeks on the sideline aftear tearing a hamstring.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...018866,00.html
    Titans centre Brett Delaney is looking at four to six weeks on the sidelines after suffering a hamstring tear in the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_07 View Post
    I have some grave concerns for the Bronco s at the moment...... how the hell are they coping with not being the center of attention on a Friday night...... I mean have their players learnt how to play on a weekend..... I dont even know what day they are playing..... are they playing in the daylight..... OMG.... do their players need some serious councelling beforehand in order to be able to play in the daylight... have they slip slopped slapped..... do they know how to...............Maybe I should rush up to Brissy and drop of some tissues and sunscreen..... hold on.... they arent there.... OMG ..... i m to late.......

How dare the other 2 QLD teams take the limelight from them.......... Well guess what donkeys...... get used to it....

lol, went off too early

Titans centre Brett Delaney is looking at four to six weeks on the sidelines after suffering a hamstring tear in the loss.
    Gift from the Titan gods.

1. William Zillman
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Esi Tonga
    4. Mat Rogers
    5. Chris Walker / David Mead
    6. Preston Campbell
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Brad Meyers
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Mark Minichello
    13. Ashley Harrison

14. Aaron Cannings
    15. Michael Henderson / Matt White
    16. Josh Graham
    17. Sam Tagataese

My mate made an observation on the freezing walk home that the Cowboys are a team that can beat anybody on a given day.

He's right, they are.

I counted by saying that we are a good team that can lose to anybody on a given day, we showed that against the Raiders, we tried to show it against the Eels and we showed it tonight.

Boy tonight was bad...

We have 2 away games coming up and if we don't win one of them we will be staring at a finish in 6th, 7th or 8th and facing more headlines about late season fadeouts.

The 9 day turnaround before the Kiwis helps but it will be a very nervous week.

The Cowboys played a perfect 40 minutes of attack & Defense tonight & when u have a 22-0 lead it's always going to be a hard task to chase

One loss doesn't end your year but it should be a kick in the guts to remind u that previous games at your "Fortress" mean nothing to the next side when they turn up ready to play..........

A couple of good things from tonights match;
    Tagetese, he showed if given enough game time he has probably more potential than any other forward in the club
    Mathews, i think he needs another season in QLD Cup
    Delaney, may have played his last game for the Titans
    Friend, He's Back 100%

I had a chat to Chalky tonight & he said he'll be back for the Souths game but when i asked if he was heading to NZ he said Yes , injured players rarely travel to away games so lookout next week may see a completely different Team with a much Stronger line up
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    My mate made an observation on the freezing walk home that the Cowboys are a team that can beat anybody on a given day.
    How cold was it tonight??

Anyway, yeah I agree. There have been a lot of games we just don't seem to turn up to. It didn't help to watch that game surrounded by Cowboys fans. It's our home ground.

Also, which section are you in, karnage?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I had a chat to Chalky tonight & he said he'll be back for the Souths game but when i asked if he was heading to NZ he said Yes , injured players rarely travel to away games so lookout next week may see a completely different Team with a much Stronger line up
    Just as long as he doesn't replace Delaney.

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Just as long as he doesn't replace Delaney.
    Both Walker & Rogers should be back to fill that hole , Chalky's the best Bench player in the club but is just as happy anywhere in the backrow if Harrison doesn't pass a fitness test
    #itaintweaktospeak

I ve never done it before and hopefully will never do it again but I just couldnt watch....... I screamed, yelled, chanted like a friggin crazy woman tonight..... but they just didnt bring it. Yes there were a lot of ref calls that were chit but regardless of that the cowboys cleaned the park with us. Prince showed why JT is in the QLD side. JT was out there pumpin up his side...... he was in their face constantly he was a phsyco man and it forced his team to step it up. Prince.........well... Is it just me or should he cut back on some of his media commitments and focus on football for a while instead.

I really dont want to say to much because I m just not into bagging out players..... but d@mn....... it was so bad I left with 15 minutes to go. I ve NEVER done that before... in any football game regardless of the score or the team. I know they scored as I was outside heading for the train but I can say I wasnt alone.... half the stadium was out there with me. All but 1 were titans fans.......there was one female walking to the train in cowboy get up...... she didnt say a word thank god.

Tonight is the clear reason behind why we are not considered in the finals like Melbourne, Manly, Bulldogs and Dragons are. We should have owned that game from the kick off............ thats what a final 4 team would have done.

Ok... I m shutting up now..... hopefully the one thing we might get out of it is a kick up the butt....... its a sour pill to swallow and hopefully one they remember.

Here's to 2015

A bad game like that with the injuries the Titans had is not so bad.

I thought Cannings played really well and it was obvious as daylight that the Titans missed Laffranchi and Harrison in defence. Prince had an off night with his kicking and is still getting hassled in defence which will not changed for the rest of the year.

Delaneys injury could prompt Mead to centre with Walker on the wing (or vice verser) which would be a dangerous duo for any team in the comp. Presto to fullback with Zillman back on the bench.

I would rather Rogers in the centres but I just cant leave Mead or Walker out of the starting line up, they are too dangerous so Rogers should stay at 5/8 after all they have been winning all year with him there.