Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Fox Sports Preview

Gold Coast Titans v North Queensland Cowboys
    Friday 7.35pm (EST), Skilled Park

What was always going to be a tricky fixture for Gold Coast has been made more challenging by the loss of Anthony Laffranchi (suspended) and Ashley Harrison (rib cartilage). The Titans were able to grind out a 14-10 victory over North Queensland in round five this season - when the Cowboys were struggling for fluency - and they seem to have got them again at an opportune time. The Cowboys, one of the NRL's most dangerous attacking teams when in form, have been dismal in the last month. They have lost three of their last five, with their only wins coming against the lowly-ranked Sharks and Roosters. The Titans, meanwhile, are edging closer to completing a full season without being defeated at home. With only Cronulla and Wests Tigers to come at Skilled Park, this game is their biggest threat to having that record blemished. A team that contains Matt Bowen and Johnathan Thurston can never be written off. Adding to the Cowboys motivation, they have only ever beaten the Titans once, ensuring they will want to prevent a lopsided head-to-head record in the Queensland derby.

Laurie Daley says: It's another big game for the Titans and they were very good last weekend against Brisbane Broncos. I thought Scott Prince was good again and the fact that he's coming up against Jonathan Thurston should bring out the best in him. The Cowboys struggled against Penrith last week; I don't think they had a good desire so that certainly needs to change. I think they're struggling for confidence at the moment and the Titans aren't lacking it, so the Titans will get the cash.

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Every game I've been hoping we crack 40. Hope it happens this round
    We should have against the Broncos had the ref not pulled back Prince for a knock-on that wasn't.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

yeah i rekon we should have gotten it last week too, knock on my ass! But we'll take the 2 points any day
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

I have some grave concerns for the Bronco s at the moment...... how the hell are they coping with not being the center of attention on a Friday night...... I mean have their players learnt how to play on a weekend..... I dont even know what day they are playing..... are they playing in the daylight..... OMG.... do their players need some serious councelling beforehand in order to be able to play in the daylight... have they slip slopped slapped..... do they know how to...............Maybe I should rush up to Brissy and drop of some tissues and sunscreen..... hold on.... they arent there.... OMG ..... i m to late.......

How dare the other 2 QLD teams take the limelight from them.......... Well guess what donkeys...... get used to it....

Here's to 2015

Well i wont be joing you folks at the game tonight because i have pig flu and have been sick in bed all week. I will be watching in HD from my bedroom with the window open listening to all you cheer at skilled!

We need to take things to the next level starting tonight. I am not quite sure how to feel for this game but i have confidence the boys can get the job done.

GO THE TITANS!!!

Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!

We need to win this game and win it well.
    After a few lucky and unconvincing wins over the last couple of months and the failure to put the Broncasses to the sword last week, many are wiping us as true threats to the premiership.
    This might be a good thing but it would be nice to dominate an opposition that has been spoken well of late.

Mind you, I don't understand why we're not seen as a credible chance, after all, we've played all the favourites and won more than we've lost.
    Titans vs Dragons - Loss,Win - Goal difference -2
    Titans vs Bulldogs - Win,Loss - Goal difference +1
    Titans vs Storm - Win - Goal difference +12 This game was at Olympic.
    Titans vs Manly - Win - Goal difference +1

This might be an opportunity to make other teams sit up and take notice.

Go the TITANS
    Last edited by bigjim; 31-07-09 at 02:02 PM.

Just win thats all i want, dont care if it is by 1

Except a tough game, we are evenly matched across the park, home crowd may sway it in our favor.

Prince needs a big game, and i expect Myers to get 'man of the match'
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Not long to go now stupid late telecasts

GO TITANS!!!

arr well looks like we have to hope the dragons win
    2012 TITANS Will be a force to be reckoned with

Titans lose 34-18 it was a real danger game for us.

Dragons are up 26-12 at least...

I have never sworn so much in my life, we throw one intercept pass and the momentum changes for the next 50 minutes. Seriously though we lacked creativity and patience in attack (creativity has been a problem all season) and the Cowboys just smashed us down the middle of the park. They got out of their end with such ease, it was like we had 4 props on the field - oh wait, we did.

Still all is not lost - Delaney looks like he will be out for a while. I hope Rogers or Walker come back and are slotted in there. While Graham was probably our best player once he came on tonight - I still like him off the bench. Lesson learned I guess regarding the props.

Our structure in attack is terrible and it got found out tonight with the Cowboys dominating the ruck our attack was totally inept. Was great to see us actually let the ball sing at the end of the game where we played with some ingenuity and depth. Our wingers looked horribly out of position but it wasn't their fault - the forwards were totally dominated and the middle was so bad that wingers were left with 2 and 3 players to defend all night.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Next week we will get our key players back and have our players in the right positions and it will help. Im just worried about the fact we are on the road. Our last 2 home games are must wins now!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2007Dragons View Post
    Haha, Carl Webb is gonna beat the Titans at home, your dreaming Henry, Dreaming.
    true

GO THE MAROONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide Titan View Post
    Next week we will get our key players back and have our players in the right positions and it will help. Im just worried about the fact we are on the road. Our last 2 home games are must wins now!
    Well I know our next away game is against the warriors. If we can't win that the Titans should hand in there top 8 spot to another team who wants it more.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Titans are ****ed never been so pissed off to be a titans fan ever as i was tonight...... All i wanted to do is rip my left arm off in shame...............

TITANS WAKE UP TO URSELF