Fox Sports Preview

Gold Coast Titans v North Queensland Cowboys
Friday 7.35pm (EST), Skilled Park

What was always going to be a tricky fixture for Gold Coast has been made more challenging by the loss of Anthony Laffranchi (suspended) and Ashley Harrison (rib cartilage). The Titans were able to grind out a 14-10 victory over North Queensland in round five this season - when the Cowboys were struggling for fluency - and they seem to have got them again at an opportune time. The Cowboys, one of the NRL's most dangerous attacking teams when in form, have been dismal in the last month. They have lost three of their last five, with their only wins coming against the lowly-ranked Sharks and Roosters. The Titans, meanwhile, are edging closer to completing a full season without being defeated at home. With only Cronulla and Wests Tigers to come at Skilled Park, this game is their biggest threat to having that record blemished. A team that contains Matt Bowen and Johnathan Thurston can never be written off. Adding to the Cowboys motivation, they have only ever beaten the Titans once, ensuring they will want to prevent a lopsided head-to-head record in the Queensland derby.

Laurie Daley says: It's another big game for the Titans and they were very good last weekend against Brisbane Broncos. I thought Scott Prince was good again and the fact that he's coming up against Jonathan Thurston should bring out the best in him. The Cowboys struggled against Penrith last week; I don't think they had a good desire so that certainly needs to change. I think they're struggling for confidence at the moment and the Titans aren't lacking it, so the Titans will get the cash.

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au