Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Make em bleed Gilly, i want them to understand that the tackle on Friday may hurt a little, but the practice on Tuesday will hurt a hell of a lot more.

Prince needs to stop hiding in defense and lead his troops into battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Make em bleed Gilly, i want them to understand that the tackle on Friday may hurt a little, but the practice on Tuesday will hurt a hell of a lot more.

Prince needs to stop hiding in defense and lead his troops into battle.
    Spot on mate & Prince may not have Friend to hide behind on Friday so he needs to get "Down & Dirty "
    #itaintweaktospeak

Im spewing about Friend but its best he's rested and ready for the finals. I hope the game isnt on at 2am here again coz i wanna watch it! channel 9 are pathetic to think theres no NRL fans here. I was pissed i couldnt watch the game last week due to its 2am start. Even Foxtel were showing it that late when they usually show it at 10pm or 12am. Was stuck with Sportal Scoreboard on my phone!
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Broncos team is up

Brisbane Broncos
    1. Karmichael Hunt
    2. Antonio Winterstein
    3. Steve Michaels
    4. Justin Hodges
    5. Alex Glenn
    6. Aaron Gorrell
    7. Peter Wallace
    8. David Taylor
    9. Andrew McCullough
    10. Joel Clinton
    11. Guy Williams
    12. Ben Te'o
    13. Corey Parker

Interchange:
    14. Lagi Setu
    15. Josh McGuire
    16. Ashton Sims
    17. Josh Hoffman

I see they are persisting with Michaels as well as Gorrell at five eighth.

Dave Taylor to start. He is doing well to run out 15 minutes with his fitness base.

We can't be anything but supremely confident with the look of that line-up.

If the Steve Michaels turnstyle is still open for business we'll carve them up out wide. If they shift Hodges over, then we go the other side, he can't cover both sides at once.

We need less bombs and more running the ball. It's another must win, and if there's a team we need to give a hiding to it's the broncos.

Gold Coast Titans
    1. Preston Campbell 2. David Mead 3. Brett Delaney 4. Esikeli Tonga 5. Kevin Gordon 6. Mat Rogers 7. Scott Prince 8. Luke Bailey 9. Nathan Friend 10. Michael Henderson 11. Anthony Laffranchi 12. Mark
    Minichiello 13. Ashley Harrison
    Interchange: 14. Matthew White 15. Brad Meyers 16. Daniel Conn 17. William Zillman; Reserves: 18. Will Matthews

my heart sinks a little bit every time i see delaney
    rogers is out now aswell
    Last edited by patskE; 21-07-09 at 01:01 PM.

NRL Premiership
    Brisbane's Darren Lockyer and Sam Thaiday to miss Gold Coast Titans clash

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...018866,00.html

Brisbane will again be without captain Darren Lockyer and representative forward Sam Thaiday for Friday night's NRL derby against Gold Coast Titans.

The struggling Broncos, who desperately need a win to get their top eight campaign back on track, have named hooker Aaron Gorrell at five-eighth for the second successive week with Lockyer battling a knee injury.

Thaiday will miss the match with rib cartilage damage.

Both missed last Friday's loss to South Sydney.

Brisbane have won just one of their last five games.

However, Broncos' coach Ivan Henjak says the team has reviewed their poor defence against South Sydney last Friday night and has fixed up some left-hand side defensive communication problems.

Apart from Lockyer and Thaiday, Brisbane are also feeling the absence of giant winger Israel Folau, who is not expected back on the paddock until just before the finals.

The Gold Coast, who are firmly entrenched in the top eight, have only one major injury concern with hooker Nathan Friend battling a severe ankle injury.

GOLD Coast Titans have suffered a blow ahead of their NRL derby clash against Brisbane, with star five-eighth Mat Rogers ruled out through injury.

Rogers has succeumbed to a groin injury and will miss the Skilled Park match.

The veteran's absence will see fullback Preston Campbell switch to five-eighth, only 24 hours after he was being lined up to replace injured hooker Nathan Friend.

Friend remains in severe doubt for the Friday night clash and will undergo a fitness test tomorrow on injured ankle.

If Friend is ruled out, his place will be taken by either Ian Lacey or Kane Lawton.

Brisbane will again be without captain Darren Lockyer and representative forward Sam Thaiday.

The struggling Broncos, who desperately need a win to get their top eight campaign back on track, have named hooker Aaron Gorrell at five-eighth for the second successive week with Lockyer battling a knee injury.

Thaiday will miss the match with rib cartilage damage.

Both missed last Friday's loss to South Sydney.

Brisbane have won just one of their last five games.

However, Broncos' coach Ivan Henjak says the team has reviewed its poor defence against South Sydney last Friday night and has fixed up some left-hand side defensive communication problems.

Apart from Lockyer and Thaiday, Brisbane are also feeling the absence of giant winger Israel Folau, who is not expected back on the paddock until just before the finals.

from couior mail

ughh

bloody hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Presto to 6 and Zillman into fullback is fine with me. The more game time Willy gets, the better he looks.

Campbell may play hooker for Titans for a while

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...003409,00.html

Obviously not now that Rogers has been ruled out, but there are some other interesting parts of this article.

The Broncos also have concerns with veteran lock Tonie Carroll battling a knee problem and Nick Kenny yet to prove his fitness.

Friend is highly unlikely to be fit to play his former club Brisbane but will be given a run on Thursday in a dogged bid to prove his fitness.

Scans yesterday revealed he has suffered minor lateral ligament damage in addition to a bone chip, while he continues to have heavy swelling

"There's still a hope I'll play Friday night," Friend said.

"I'll maybe have a run on Thursday to see if I'm any good.

"I've got lateral ligament damage and the doc wants me to keep up the compression and ice to try to get some mobility back in it."

Maroons forward Ash Harrison (ankle) is fit for a return while centre Brett Delaney has been cleared of injury after being on the wrong end of a nasty spear tackle from Dogs flyer Matt Utai.

thats no good. But the Broncos have a pretty depleted line up more so than us. Zillman will play fullback and Preston in 5/8. We have a faorly good bench while the Broncos dont have a lot of experience.
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Presto to 6 and Zillman into fullback is fine with me. The more game time Willy gets, the better he looks.
    I agree, Presto to 6 and Zillman to 1 only strengthens the side IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.