Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    Delaney should be asking why he couldn't score from there. From the Tweed Heads dressing room.
    Good call

I just watched a replay of the match and I am even more impressed than I was last night. The Dogs defence was formidable and the way we just hung in there and hung in there is a real credit to the boys.

They better be bloody motivated for Friday after that becuase the Dogs and the Saints are probably the only 2 teams in the comp who could have got the better of us with the way we played last night.

That performance has to be the benchmark for the next 7 weeks and then we have to look to lift again for the finals.

I think you can add Manly aswell. They got the better of a full strength Bulldogs side a few weeks ago in what was close to the game of the year. Lets not forget the Manly/Titan debacle a few months back

Titans played well on Friday night and it wont surprise me one bit to see them click come finals time and put some teams to the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    But who do we have? Even if Carty does move Walker to centers (which I think has a 10% chance of actually happening barrirng Delaney gets injured), who do we have for 2010 since both Delaney and Walker are leaving?
    With a little more field time.......imagine Mead and or Gordon in the centres, now THAT would be something to see........

Great game. No embarrassement here for the loss. The Titans put in a good effort against a in-form title contender.
    We definately had chances to win, you just can't give the Bulldogs a start and try to chase them down. They are to defencively strong.
    After watching Friday night football all I can say is, proud to be a Titan supporter and thank God I'm not a Broncos fan.

A little off topic from the game itself, but while everyone is saying what a success the double header was, I call it a failure.

The crowd for the second game was virtually non existent. All you saw on the tv coverage was empty seats.

The Broncos game was always going to get 30-40k anyhow, so you've sold maybe an additional 10-20k seats which you were always going to fill with Titans fans from the coast and the bunnies/dogs fans who live up here.
    if you had a full stadium for both games, maybe then it's a success.

On the game, I think it was a good measure of where we are. Dogs are the form team of the comp and really we weren't that far off winning, but if we can't put them away our finals campaign won't last.
    It's good this late in the season, shows us what improvement we need to make!

I m not sure from a TV point of view.... but we were hoping that half the crowd would leave when our game started so we could all get to the front row and maybe get a few others in around as well...... but there just wasnt enough who left. I would say as a very rough estimate that probably a couple of thousand left... but really... not that many.

Here's to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_07 View Post
    I m not sure from a TV point of view.... but we were hoping that half the crowd would leave when our game started so we could all get to the front row and maybe get a few others in around as well...... but there just wasnt enough who left. I would say as a very rough estimate that probably a couple of thousand left... but really... not that many.
    That's exactly right. The Eastern side you can see on TV at ground level is the 'Centreline Club' which is a section of the ground devoted to Suncorp Stadium members who are able to attend anything at the ground. So that section can be empty and the ground will still be a sellout cos those tickets can't be bought.

The turnout in that part of the ground was poor as it was pretty empty all night.

I thought we dominated the game for the last 60 minutes and I concur with the sentiments regarding Delaney and Prince earlier. I wish we would throw a pass behind Laffranchi when we get close to the line for once - the other teams are reading us like a Mr Men book. I was impressed with the way the Bulldogs turned half chances into trys. Our right side looked awful early and Cartright will need to address that.

On the double header - I thought it was great. It was a shame to see all those empty seats on the eastern side and I also think that more Broncos fans would've stuck around had their team turned up to play...

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!