Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Preston's use of the goal post to get out on the in goal area was awesome.
    That had me in stitches, so funny.

the u/20`s just got up 28-16 details on nrl live score site.

Quote Originally Posted by helcam4 View Post
    the u/20`s just got up 28-16 details on nrl live score site.
    Thats Awesome ,thanks for the info
    #itaintweaktospeak

Well despite the loss, I am a proud Titan. And we have proved ourselves worthy of the Finals and a massive threat to the Premiership.

We were shocked by the 16 points they piled on us and it looked like they could go on with it. But I was confident the Titans would turn it around and they did. Our defence in the 2nd half was fantastic. I was very proud of that, most of the 2nd half took place in their territory. The Bulldogs defence was amazing as well and we had to think outside the box to score.

We had the opportunities to win the match. That penalty for not rising to our feet to play the ball was heartbreaking and so unfair. So close to the tryline and with 5 tackles up the sleeve and the other one that got away, when Prince dropped it.

I also immediately thought Morris' try was offside and was confident it would be a no try. With the eye and the binoculars, he was clearly offside, not sure how it looked on tele yet.

Idris was a wrecking ball and he is a star of the future, a megastar. He didn't miss a beat while being out of action, his fitness and aggressive was fantastic. Wow, he ripped us apart down the right.

I think we should be proud of the performance, even proud. We could have won if we had a bit of luck. That means we have proven ourselves that we can match it with the very best and the Bulldogs are an amazing football team. We can build on this and know what is and what is not working. And we have Ash only a week away.

I was so worried about Friendy, he is the heart of the Titans and when he went down, I thought we were sunk and our Premiership campaign begun taking water. He seemed to shrug it off after a while and I hope he is ok because he would have played through injury if he had to. Hope you are well Friendy!

I sat with my mate Bulldog Bobby, it was an experience once again. He loved the Bulldogs but the Titans certainly kept him quiet in the 2nd half and put the fear of god into him! He'll be down the Coast sometime soon, but supporting the Titans for a change!

Next target.... the Brisbane Broncos. And if Lockyer is even a slight chance, he will play. Their Premiership tilt depends on it, they can't be the first Broncos team to miss the Finals since 91. We can't be complacent, they will be out to win against us.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

You're right about Friend Brad,he tackled Morris on the sideline who then got up and threw a haymaker at friendy then seconds later he is diving underneath a bulldog as he was about to plant the ball over the tryline,His leg looked in a really awkward position and the look of shock on Prestons face had me worried...thankfully friend got up

Our number 9 is a champ

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    That had me in stitches, so funny.
    Yea! Loved it! The roar of the crowd was massive when he pulled that one our of the hat! Great game as well Preston. He is as brave as they come.

Tough football lesson in `unofficial' first semi-final

MARK July 17, 2009, down as a monumental learning experience in the Titans' history.

Effectively it was a dress rehearsal for the semi-finals which, bar a monumental capitulation, they will play in this year.

You could even have called it the Titans `unofficial first semi'.

When the game kicked-off the Titans came up short, well short.

Week in, week out this year the Gold Coast have conquered demons. They defeated the Dragons for the first time, learnt how to win away from home and are undefeated at Skilled Park.

Have your say on the feedback form below

The club faced a new horizon last night, a higher horizon.

When Brett Delaney was held up over the line midway through the first half the Titans new they needed to reach a new level.

Delaney looked destined to score, he had just Patten to beat.

Ninety-nine times out of 100 he would have scored -- not last night. Patten produced something special as he wrapped Delaney up like an insect caught in a web.

That's semi-final footy. The crowd jumps to 50,109 and a team's performance swells just as much.

The Titans forgot to lift their game, early on.

Some fans will blame the four-day back-up but that was no excuse.

The Bulldogs had to fly back from Auckland on Monday, had three players backing up from Origin and had played three games in 11 days.

The Bulldogs are a semi-finals side, they've been there done that. The Titans haven't.

With minutes left in the first half the Titans had a chance to take the momentum into the break as they hammered the Bulldogs' line.

But front rower Luke Bailey was left with the ball on the last tackle and he put an average bomb up.

The Bulldogs were simply were more experienced at this level.

Rather than dwell on the disappointment the Titans need to draw on last night's performance as a learning experience.

It appears they will. At 16-0 most expected the Titans to get steam-rolled in the second half.

They didn't. In fact they almost won. The Titans controlled the majority of the second half when many teams would have been belted.

Kevin Gordon's individual brilliance to get the score back to 22-12, then a try to Mat Rogers showed the Titans' class.

The Titans failed in their 'unofficial semi-final'. But better now than in September. Like a racehorse first-up from a spell, the Titans will be better for the run.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 18-07-09 at 07:02 PM.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Our number 9 is a champ
    He is inspirational! For the fans and the players and he is the backbone of our defensive efforts.

Friendy should have his own supporter group.....

Oh yea, he already does!

It was great to see the great man visit the Legion after the Parra game, next time I'd love to get him to sign my membership card.

Brave Titans fall short against Bulldogs
    Adam Gardini

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans found a grueling four-day turnaround too difficult to overcome after suffering a 23-16 loss to the Bulldogs at Suncorp Stadium tonight.

Facing the tough ask of backing up after Monday night?s 18-12 win over Parramatta at Skilled Park, the Titans tried valiantly but were unable to get over the top of the Bulldogs in the battle for outright second spot on the NRL ladder.

Titans halfback Scott Prince and Michael Ennis get up close and personal. Titans five-eighth Mat Rogers scored two second half tries to give the Gold Coasters some hope of a fightback after a sluggish start left his side trailing 16-nil at the halftime break.

Teenage winger Kevin Gordon also produced a brilliant solo effort from a grubber and re-gather to record his seventh try in 14 matches this season.

But a 79th minute field goal from Bulldogs halfback Brett Kimmorley sank the Titans? hopes of a courageous comeback.

Despite the loss, the Titans will keep their spot inside the NRL?s top-four ahead of next Friday night?s blockbuster local derby against the Brisbane Broncos at Skilled Park.

Titans coach John Cartwright said he was proud of his troops? performance under the circumstances after the club agreed to a Monday to Friday turnaround to make a double header with the Broncos-South match possible.

?They?re a tough group of fellas. That was a very tough ask to go from Monday to Friday and I was very proud of their effort,?? said Cartwright.

?We?re just a touch short probably of the top sides at the moment. I thought we created more chances but as I said I think in the end the game was won by them because they snuffed out more chances than we did.??

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

I hadn't heard of the Dogs 18 Jersey thing they did at half time. I think it's a pretty cool thing they have going, giving out the jersey, retiring the 18 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    I hadn't heard of the Dogs 18 Jersey thing they did at half time. I think it's a pretty cool thing they have going, giving out the jersey, retiring the 18 etc.
    Great idea indeed Ben. I love the idea of rewarded and recognising great fans, it would be a valuable treasure alone, let alone the amazing experience of being recognised by the Dogs and a famous player in front of a home crowd.

At first I thought the 18 thing was corny, because I've seen it done alot in sport. But their execution and spirit is first class in the delivery.

I would just like to say well done to Utai and Patten for their amazing performances on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I would just like to say well done to Utai and Patten for their amazing performances on Friday.
    I agree, I think they both played really well. Shame Utai probably won't get another run for a while with Goodwin back next week.

Pattens tackle on Delaney was amazing

god knows what would have happened in the game if we scored then

There were quite a few of those moments last night, unfortunately. Things just went against us. Maybe that means we'll meet up with the dogs in the finals and things will go our way.

Delaney should be asking why he couldn't score from there. From the Tweed Heads dressing room.