Hybrid View

Default Round 19: Bulldogs vs Gold Coast Titans

Bulldogs vs Gold Coast Titans

Referee: Jared Maxwell, Ben Cummins

Bulldogs
    Luke Patten, Hazem El Masri, Josh Morris, Daryl Millard, Matt Utai, Ben Roberts, Brett Kimmorley, Jarrad Hickey, Michael Ennis, Michael Hodgson, Yileen Gordon, Andrew Ryan (c), David Stagg.

Subs: Brad Morrin, Chris Armit, Gary Warburton, Daniel Holdsworth, Ben Barba (one to be omitted).

Gold Coast Titans
    Preston Campbell, Kevin Gordon, Esi Tonga, Brett Delaney, David Mead, Mat Rogers, Scott Prince (c), Luke Bailey, Nathan Friend, Michael Henderson, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison.

Subs: Matt White, Brad Meyers, Daniel Conn, William Zillman.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 14-07-09 at 09:09 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Team lists TBA!...

1. Preston Campbell
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Esi Tonga
    4. Brett Delaney
    5. David Mead
    6. Mat Rogers
    7. Scott Prince (c)
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Michael Henderson
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Ashley Harrison

Interchange
    14. Matt White
    15. Brad Meyers
    16. Daniel Conn
    17. William Zillman
    19. Will Matthews

No Walker this week.

Guys and girls, tickets are still available for this match, the double header on Friday at Suncorp Stadium/Lang Park!

There are under 1,000 tickets left and a little more restricted view. These will go fast, so please jump onto http://www.ticketek.com.au or visit a ticketek outlet tomorrow morning, or give them a call.

Let's get as many Titans fans there as possible!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I think we'll beat them comfortably,I just have a good feeling about this game.

I'm hoping that the Titans were holding back a little in last night's game so as to be ready for this game, where they can put in an 80 minute performance of what teh first 15 of the Eels game was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    I'm hoping that the Titans were holding back a little in last night's game so as to be ready for this game, where they can put in an 80 minute performance of what teh first 15 of the Eels game was.
    I found myself thinking that last night as well but I hope it was not the case.

I always feel more confident going into games that can go either way that I do in games that we SHOULD win like the Parra game.

We flogged the Dogs earlier on and now we meet them with a depleted lineup in our own backyard again. We'll win this one and nail down second all for ourselves!!

Idris could return for this game. Even if he does he will likely be down on confidence and form. But I'd rather not see him named. Come back next week Idris!

It was great to hear Carty on the radio today & when asked about this match & such a short turn around from Monday to Friday night he said it was the Titans decision to play at Suncorp Friday or ANZ on Sunday arvo ..... it's quite smart to take an almost home match over travelling to Sydney & back before having to prepare to take on the Boncos at Skilled .... so come Friday the boys prepare for a match by jumping on a bus for an hour then playing a game of Footy in front a huge crowd with i would guess a massive support group & returning to their home & own beds Friday night
    #itaintweaktospeak

Titans' dogged challenge

THE atmosphere and prospect of knocking off National Rugby League competition heavyweights the Bulldogs will have the Gold Coast Titans firing at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night.

Despite the short turnaround from Monday night's 18-12 victory over Parramatta, Titans football manager Scott Clark dispelled concerns players would struggle backing up for two games in four days, saying the club loved a challenge.

The Gold Coast and the Bulldogs sit neck and neck on the premiership ladder and a victory on Friday would propel the Titans into outright second position, two points behind St George Illawarra who have a bye this weekend.

Clark said despite starting strongly then falling off the pace in recent seasons, the Titans of 2009 had shown they were 'the real deal'.

A crowd of more than 50,000 is expected at Suncorp Stadium, where the Titans play the Bulldogs and the Broncos take on South Sydney in the Friday night double-header.

"One thing we have shown in our short history is that we like the big games and the players really like stepping up to the plate in these matches," said Clark.

"We have always played tight games in front of the big crowds.

"The club is always up for a challenge and that's exactly what we know we will get on Friday."

With two games in quick succession, the Titans have a weights session today before a light ball work session tomorrow.

Preston Campbell will add more flair to the Titans line-up when he returns against the Bulldogs after missing Monday's victory with the flu.

Ashley Harrison has been named to make his return from a rib injury but that will depend on how he pulls up from tonight's third State of Origin clash in Brisbane.

Flyer Chris Walker is likely to miss the match with a quadricep injury while the coaching staff will closely monitor Mark Minichiello who picked up a knee knock but is expected to be passed fit for the Bulldogs clash.

Off contract at season's end, Walker, who has been impressive in his return to the NRL, left the field not long after scoring a try on Monday.

Clark did not expect Walker's latest setback to hinder his chances of securing a contract in 2010, whether that be at the Titans or another club.

"Everyone knows what Chris Walker can do and where his strengths are on the football field," he said.

"It's unfortunate as this is another setback for Chris but we still have nine games to play this season and I have no doubt that his contribution will play a big part in that."

Walker wants to be fit for the Titans-Broncos derby at Skilled Park on Friday week.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Preston is back for the tough run home

LIVEWIRE Preston Campbell's toughness can never be questioned, so the frustration he holds from missing Monday night's victory over Parramatta is understandable.

So when the opening whistle is blown against the Bulldogs tomorrow night, the Titans custodian will be in the thick of it.

"It's frustrating, especially when I wasn't injured. You hate to miss a game at the best of times," said Campbell of missing Monday's game with flu.

"At this time of the season it's really important to have your full strength side on the field but the boys won. They won ugly but nonetheless it's two points, so I was happy in the end."

With Chris Walker ruled out for two weeks with a quad injury, Campbell's return is timely for coach John Cartwright.

"We are very fortunate that we have Preston coming back, plus we've got David Mead and William Zillman so we are pretty spoiled for choice there at the moment." he said.

Despite the gruelling challenge of backing up just four days after their 18-12 win over Parramatta, Cartwright is confident his troops will rise to the occasion at a sold-out Suncorp Stadium.

It will be a big night of footy action, with the Titans and Bulldogs taking to the field after the Broncos-Rabbitohs clash.

"It's going to be hard this week but it was our choice to play on a Friday," said Cartwright.

"Mentally we have definitely been preparing for it and physically the players may be a little down but we are thinking the occasion and the atmosphere will get us through."

Cartwright said the Bulldogs were the first test in a tough run home. "(The Bulldogs) will take a lot of confidence out of that win against the Warriors," he said.

"They were well down on troops and it's going to be a similar situation for them with three guys backing up from Origin.

"We have some blockbusters coming up, this one's a sellout and hopefully the next two (against the Broncos and Cowboys) at home will be sellouts. It's not a time to sit back and worry about anything, it's exciting times -- you love playing those big games on the big stage."

Cartwright believes the return of co-captain Luke Bailey's would offer composure to the squad.

``That game against Parramatta was one he needed to get under his belt and he'll get better from here on in,'' he said.

``He's a club-captain, he's a leader and it's an important part of the year so it's good to have him back on the field.

Campbell said a win over the Bulldogs, who they beat 20-12 at Skilled Park in Round 3, would lift them as they look towards the semi-finals.

``I know the semis are still a fair way away but you need to go into the semis with some good form and the last couple of weeks we haven't been showing that form,'' he said.

``We showed some good stints against Canberra and a little bit against Parramatta early in the game but we really need to build some good momentum.''

``The Bulldogs are travelling well and they have people talking about them as premiership contenders so it'll really show where we stand in the competition.''

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

With Locky and Sam out the first game isn't looking so great. And the Bunnies are a real chance, big chance!

And look at this titanic Bulldogs vs Titans match. Titans near full strength, busting to show what they are made of and in front of a capacity crowd. So many exciting things in store for us. How will the Bulldogs back up? Will Kimmorley's stunning form continue? Will our Ash play? Bull, Rat and Mini are back with one game under their belt.

It is going to be massive and we are all lucky enough to witness it. It's going to be an early Finals quality game. And the perfect time for the Gold Coast to get into Finals mode.

The Broncos vs South Sydney game is the curtain raiser to the real main event! Gold Coast vs Bulldogs! Just one more sleep.

There are only a few hundreds tickets left! http://www.ticketek.com.au

Goldcoast $2:15

Gold Coast Over 6.5 $3.10

Goldcoast by 1-12 $3:50
    Goldcoast by 13+ $5:25

Gold Coast by 1-6 $6.25
    Gold Coast by 7-12 $7.50
    Gold Coast by 13-18 $9.00
    Gold Coast by 19+ $10.00

Plenty of cash there for the Titans, hard to decide which to take..........
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Goldcoast by 1-12 $3:50

Gold Coast by 7-12 $7.50

Plenty of cash there for the Titans, hard to decide which to take..........
    I'll be taking those 2 & i can smell a big game from Rogers so i'll sneak in 1st & last try scorers too
    #itaintweaktospeak

This whole round will be interesting IMO, to me the refs in SOO3 have set the platform for the rest of this years comp, there are no rules!!

To win the comp, we have to be ready to die for it, there can not be one player that chooses safety over his brethren. People will bleed, some may be carried from the battleground, others may not remember there name, but all who take the field will carry the scars for a lifetime.

Our finals campaign starts now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.