Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

I just had a look at the stats & when you look at the teams total tackles of 302
    there are a couple of standouts

Nathan Friend 48
    Brad Meyers 42
    Matt White 27 ..not bad from a bench player for 40 minutes game time

Also it's a bit strange that Mathews only played 10 minutes for 1 run & 1 tackle & when he left the field he didn't look injured which makes you think Carty didn't have the confidence for Will to be on the park
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Crap performance
    crap visiting team
    crap crowd
    crap refereeing
    crap being made to go to a football game on a monday night
    crap train trip home

we got the 2 points though,thats all that matters so a job done and lets move onto Friday

Goodnight
    They were saying on the radio it was a crap game, and you can blame the crowd on the monday night, it's why I wasn't there, although I couldn't have made it on any other day either to be honest.

Just happy to have the 2 points!

I'm gonna break the trend here and stick with the positives.

I was pretty happy to see the big boys get rough towards the end of the game. White and Mini inparticular. Shortly after Mini blew up at the ref, he came in and absolutely drilled Luke Burt on a kick return.
    I think it was him and Esi who took him down but Mini came in 100mph and creamed him. Luke Burt was flat out getting up and struggled to walk away from that - I'm sure he was reconsidering his career options.
    About 1 or 2 plays later, Christian Inu was layed out - couldn't get up either.

Brad Meyers must have played about 80mins, cause it seemed like he was in every set of six, in attack and defence. Knocks to head, blood dripping off his face - he just kept smashing into them.

So a big shout out to our forward pack, there were big hits across the field. One thing statistics won't is whats left of the oppositions ribs, and I wreckon we won that one....
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Titans Post match press conference

Tune in and watch as the coaches and Captains from both teams dissect their team?s performances following last nights round 18 NRL clash at Skilled Park.

The 18 points to 12 result was the Titans 8th consecutive win at Skilled Park, while the loss all but closed the door on the Eels slim finals hopes.

To watch the press conferences please click on the link below.

http://bigpondvideo.com/NRL_Titans/192661

Source: http://www.titans.com.au
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 14-07-09 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Edited score, thanks Davey and Paul for keeping me honest
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Titans Post match press conference

Tune in and watch as the coaches and Captains from both teams dissect their team?s performances following last nights round 18 NRL clash at Skilled Park.

The 18 points to 12 result was the Titans 8th consecutive win at Skilled Park, while the loss all but closed the door on the Eels slim finals hopes.

To watch the press conferences please click on the link below.

http://bigpondvideo.com/NRL_Titans/192661

Source: http://www.titans.com.au
    edited for correctness.....
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

lol,I noticed that in the email this afternoon too Davey unless they gave us an afl-type pity point for the field goal attempt that missed by a mile

I am with Ryan on this, although i wanted a 40 point win, in the end we got what we needed.

A good hitout for Rogers and Bails and mino, no injuries, and a solid workman performance.

Combination's need work, but after the initial shock of letting Parra back into the game, i was happy with the way the boys ground out a victory, with no help from the ref at all (2 penalties all game, one for a late shot, none for slowing play).

Lets not forget how bad they held us down all night, they effectively slowed the game to there speed, and we still won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxSports. The View
    Wouldn't want to be you: Parramatta centre Krisnan Inu must have been shaking in his boots following a goal-kicking performance against the Titans that was nothing short of woeful. Eels coach Daniel Anderson looked set to punch a hole through the Eels' coaching box when Inu inexplicably missed a shot from almost in front during the first half.

Anderson didn't miss his star centre in the post-match press conference either when he suggested Inu had cracked under the pressure. One can only guess what was said between the pair behind closed doors. Safe to say Luke Burt will have the kicking boots back on next weekend.

I agree with Coaster and Ryan, it was a long way from perfect but we still got the job done. Defended the home ground and got the 2 points. We welcomed back three of our troops. And let's not forget the good Rogers did out there as well. Disappointing we couldn't convert the 1st half possession to points.

We got no love from the ref! And I counted at least 3 high shots on Zillman which went punished. At least that's how it looked from where I was. They obviously tried to rough him up. Friend and Meyers we great for us and Bailey had a good return. I can't wait to have Ash back on Friday though.

I was so delighted with the 11th win, it really meant alot to me. Now time to build on it cause it is only round 18-19! Also 8 wins at home undefeated is something to be incredibly proud of!

Also great to catch up with Greg/GCDownie and Ben/Amaline! Let's make a habbit of it!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Let's make a habbit of it!
    I'll definitely have to stop by more often. The atmosphere is so much better in the Legion. It gets frustrating being surrounded by away supporters, as well as being so close to the away section. It was good to meet you guys.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

He prob kick that bad he prob thru the game wonder how much he got for the game......

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Lets not forget how bad they held us down all night, they effectively slowed the game to there speed, and we still won.
    And if they kept a proper ten for even half the game I'd be shocked.

Also, you're more patient than me going on the leagueunlimited forum. Prince did not do a Soward last night. Soward pretended to be concussed when they played here, Prince took a little while to get up after being blindsided.

Haha, there is some good people on that forum, but allot of idiots.

Good to see we are getting under there skin
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Haha, there is some good people on that forum, but allot of idiots.

Good to see we are getting under there skin
    Well we had better get used to it, because as we get more successful, make more Finals, build new facilities and win Premierships, there will be alot of envious fans out there.

I love tracing alot of their hatred back to fixed incidents against their club. Sometimes it is such a small thing that fuels their grudges. I get laughs out of it.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 14-07-09 at 09:20 PM.

I like most thought we should have put a big score on the Eels but reality is never the same as expectation.
    In all fairness though, the Eels on their night can and have beat everybody except the Titans.
    We beat a very desperate and capable footy team. There's no shame in that.
    Next week will be a different story though. There will be no chance of holding on against the Bulldogs with that standard of football.