Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    when i think of luke burt, speed dont really come into it

Luke Burt has always been really fast,I was surprised though that he caught Zillman so easily

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    i been thinking this for a while
    but anyone else rkn zillman isnt as quick as he was/ppl made him out to be?
    when i think of luke burt, speed dont really come into it
    and i noticed when he has made breaks he always get's chased down.
    Two knee reco's will sap it a bit. Just hope Flash and Mead keep their legs in one piece.

Mr Kwigibo,what did you say to the ref which made him react really strongly and do the drinking sign?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Mr Kwigibo,what did you say to the ref which made him react really strongly and do the drinking sign?
    I didn't actually get him to react, I think it was someone behind me, I just had a go at him for doing the drinking sign. He was clearly the one seeing double, he let defenders stand metres directly in front of him play after play.

Geez we got lucky, i thought the Eels were gonna steal the game, we were lucky they made more mistakes than we did when it mattered towards the end. Rogers was terrible for most of the game, very few played well. His kick was beautiful...if your a Parra fan! I thought the boys were gonna cruise to a big win but they took the foot off the gas after 15 mins and nearly gave it up. Inu's kicks to convert made me laugh i must say. If Hayne played the result may not have been a win for the Titans. The Dogs and Dragons would make a meal of the Titans if we played them tonite. Improvement is needed if we are to remain in the top 4 and push for the premiership. But on the bright side, if this was the Titans at their worst...they are amazing at their best! Playing this friday may have been a mental factor as well but nonetheless a wins a win and we got the two points!
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    Two knee reco's will sap it a bit. Just hope Flash and Mead keep their legs in one piece.
    I thought Mead was going to stop that try,He just ended up going in a bit too high.Shame really as he did a brilliant job of chasing him down

yeah that was a great run, he should have played the ball though, not the man, would have been try of the year!
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post

That was me actually, i was giving him a spray for not giving us a penalty, and i maybe should have shut my mouth, cause he hammered us after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Well Well Well....... First 15 minutes I thought.... thank god we are finally going to have a kick @rse game instead of some close one full of fumbles and well lets just say stuff......14 Nil... cheering cheering cheering...... Well... that was the first 15 minutes.... now... the remaining 65......HMMMMMMMMMMM

Now I rarely say anything when its not a good game.... I know they go out there to do their best... but some nights it doesnt come off and tonight was definately one of those nights. I think tonight, even though they won, they will be going into the sheds and wont be to pleased with themselves. Matty came over after the game, had just a quick word as he was doing the lap..... they know....... and its not something they are happy with.

I really do think though...... when they get in that little hole during a game.... its upto us to do what we can to pull them out of it..... yes its up to them... but I reacon we should do everything we can as well...... towards the end we kicked in with some full on cheering.... and thats when the final try came..... it lifts them and gives them that little bit of energy they didnt think they had left in them...........

On a positive note... it was great to see SOME of them come over after the game..... lately it seems that they do the lap... get to the 'back straight' and hang near the posts for the shortest trip to the sheds..... and princy.... I cant even remember when the last time he came over to the legion to say hello...... we all hang around until the end.... until the last one has left the field...... to me its a sign of respect for what they have just done (certainly not a groupie type thing) .... and if I have one compaint its that the captain doesnt return that respect.

Oh well... thats my 2cents worth..... d@mn... that last one was meant to be positive... hmmmmm ok... well on a positive... maybe Princy will put a little effort in next time.....

Quick Edit...... I thought the drums were much better that way...... ok.. so a little out of time occasionally.. but hey.... for a first go... pretty d@mn good..... I also think that with so few people there tonight they helped to keep the noise going. I did get the other drums as well but 2 had holes in them... need to get them fixed.... but all in all.... for a first night with the drums like that... pretty good.....

Quick thought..... having done the drums myself..... maybe we could play swapsies at half time or something.... your arm can get d@mn sore... so maybe one group for first half then swap over...... that could also keep the chants going instead of dying cause our arms are killing us. We have 2 weeks till the next home game..... lets see what we can come up with.
    Last edited by GCT_07; 14-07-09 at 02:17 AM.

Here's to 2015

First of all that was one of the worst performances all season. Very disjointed! I dont think you can blame it on certain players i think the team as a whole lacked intensity after the first 15 minutes.

To adelaide titan, i agree it wasnt Rogers best game especially in attack but im pretty sure he was amazing in defence and saved at least 2 tries and was making some really good tackles.

I think with the star players returning the team struggled because they havent played with each other for a few weeks to a month. With the short turn around i think we really need to concerntrate on 2 things.

1. Wrapping up the ball carrier in order to shut down their offloads. I think the eels had 24 and we had 9. That is terrible for our defensive stats and not good for out attack either!

2. Need to work on combinations in attack and especially on the 4th and 5th tackle options. So many times last night we tried the little kick in goal in stead of trying to run it put it through hands when the option was there or even try the bomb. We bombed it once only for burt to cough it up yet we didnt test him out again.

Also is it just me or is the kicking game a little of at the moment as well? Seems to me that nearly all of our clearance kicks go straight down the middle and they make an easy 20 metres by catching it on the full. Why not try more for the corners or possibly even try 40/20's.

Not very happy with the performance last night. But we got the win and its an ugly win with a very lost team out there. Hoping all the boys pull up well and are ready to smash some doggies who will have a few sore bodies from origin!

COME ON TITANS

Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_07 View Post
    On a positive note... it was great to see SOME of them come over after the game..... lately it seems that they do the lap... get to the 'back straight' and hang near the posts for the shortest trip to the sheds..... and princy.... I cant even remember when the last time he came over to the legion to say hello...... we all hang around until the end.... until the last one has left the field...... to me its a sign of respect for what they have just done (certainly not a groupie type thing) .... and if I have one compaint its that the captain doesnt return that respect.
    I also stay after the game and wait until they do a lap of honour. Princey doesn't stop in front of Bay 20 to say hello to me.........

......what does annoy me though is the kids that have their 'moment' at half time and then go and wait for the Titans to run out expecting to get to see them close up or even get to touch a hand or two as the Titans run past. NONE of the Titans ran past the kids last night. It wouldn't be the case I'm sure but it almost seemed intentional........In the past at least a few of the guys have run past the kids but not a one last night....I would reckin' there would have been a few disappointed kids (and parents) last night.

Whilst talking about the kids, did you see the number 1 for Mudgee? His headgear was bigger then him.. What a crackup.....he made a bust though and no one caught him. Someone did forget to tell him where the sideline was but what's a few metres between friends. Highlight of the night for me...'cause the big boys footie wasn't.

All i can say guys is that to many more games like that and we will be lucky to see finals. But in saying that great work to hold on.
    2012 TITANS Will be a force to be reckoned with

Well Done to Parra they can consider themselves unlucky, Moi Moi Grothe & Smith were outstanding.

I'm another that thought we were going to put a huge score on the board after leading 14-0 but we were very lucky to grab the 2 points

Matt Rogers probably had his worst game for the Titans but he did pull down Moi Moi one on one when he looked like he would score in the 2nd half ..., Mead & Gordon were both found out when they came in instead of staying on their respective wingers , experience will sort that out but hopefully sooner than later.

It also looked like Friendy had a change with his game as he was 1st receiver on a couple of occasions which was probably due to Presto being out , & agree with others that a few of the boys looked well short of a run & the Bull looked as if he hurt his arm again in the 1st half but still put in 100% .

Hopefully Harrison will get through SOO as he is missed around the middle of the park & the boys will need to "Improve Massively" to beat the Dogs on Friday Night!!!
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I also stay after the game and wait until they do a lap of honour. Princey doesn't stop in front of Bay 20 to say hello to me.........
    Well maybe he should start.... whats your seat number.... I ll send him a text

Here's to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post

......what does annoy me though is the kids that have their 'moment' at half time and then go and wait for the Titans to run out expecting to get to see them close up or even get to touch a hand or two as the Titans run past. NONE of the Titans ran past the kids last night. It wouldn't be the case I'm sure but it almost seemed intentional........In the past at least a few of the guys have run past the kids but not a one last night....I would reckin' there would have been a few disappointed kids (and parents) last night.

Whilst talking about the kids, did you see the number 1 for Mudgee? His headgear was bigger then him.. What a crackup.....he made a bust though and no one caught him. Someone did forget to tell him where the sideline was but what's a few metres between friends. Highlight of the night for me...'cause the big boys footie wasn't.
    I sit directly opposite the Titans tunnel and we all noticed that snub as well. Team management should have been there and instructed them to run through the kids cos that sort of thrill they get from that stays with them for a long time. Even if it was not intentional it was poor form.

I was seriously down on the whole performance last night.

Apparently Mini will be OK which is great becuase he adds plenty in the middle and along with Harro they can make a huge difference.