Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I think Karnage has named the Parra Rugby Union side as he has 15 players on the field but maybe they'll need the lot of them
    I have too

I just copied and pasted that straight from the teams listing on news.com.au so there is something going on at their end!!

Here's the team from NRL.com:
    1.BURT
    2.INU
    3.REDDY
    4.SMITH
    5.GROTHE
    6.MORTIMER
    7.ROBSON
    8.CAYLESS
    9.KEATING
    10.MOIMOI
    11.HINDMARSH
    12.GUALAVAO
    13.LOWRITE
    KINGSTON
    WRIGHT
    LATIMORE
    MANNAH

I don't know where the names of the other nuffies came from!!

Mead played most of his footy for Lismore Rugby Club then had 1 game of League for Marist brothers before getting into a Northern Rivers trial match who was then swooped on by Tweed. But let this be no secret that he is a Queenslander at heart and strong ties with Adrian Lam will see a big push for him into a Maroons Jumper if it ever gets that far.

One thing the Eels have in their favour is that they have a very big backline and if they switch on they can cause trouble. I expect the Titans to do a number on them to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Mead played most of his footy for Lismore Rugby Club then had 1 game of League for Marist brothers before getting into a Northern Rivers trial match who was then swooped on by Tweed. But let this be no secret that he is a Queenslander at heart and strong ties with Adrian Lam will see a big push for him into a Maroons Jumper if it ever gets that far.
    Ah thanks for that teke, I suspected as much, thanks for the depth you offered there. I think we can all agree that he is likely to play Origin.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Compared to current rookies and what he has proved at an international level and limited NRL time he is on his way to becoming a great player. Consistency will be the key.

Frustrated Mini ready to roll

HARD-running Gold Coast forward Mark Minichiello is confident of taking on the Parramatta Eels on Monday after spending the past six weeks sidelined with ankle ligament damage.

Titans coach John Cartwright yesterday named Minichiello, co-captain Luke Bailey (arm) and veteran pivot Mat Rogers (ribs) for a Round 18 return in a significant boost for the third-placed Gold Coast side.

Minichiello ran for the first time with the rest of the Titans first grade squad yesterday since limping from the field against the Sea Eagles in Round 11.

"I'm just happy to be back out there running with the team and I think I should be right for the game," said Minichiello.

"I'm hoping if I can get through a couple of sessions during the week I might be a chance to play so it's looking good.

"I just can't wait to get back out there.

"It's been frustrating just sitting and watching them."

After last weekend's disappointing 34-28 loss to the Raiders, the Titans will look to get their premiership campaign back on track against the 13th-placed Eels, who are missing main strike weapon Jarryd Hayne to NSW selection.

"We haven't lost our focus," said Cartwright.

"One loss isn't going to affect that."

The match could turn out to be a major milestone for the club, with a victory seeing them push past 10 wins in a season for the first time in their history.

Cartwright said Minichiello, Bailey and Rogers would all be subject to fitness tests later this week.

"They have got to get a full week's training under their belt," said Cartwright.

"If they get through that they will be available for selection.

"It will be a hard week in that regard, to see who is going to play and who is not."

Cartwright named an extended six-man interchange bench for the Eels clash which includes young forward Will Matthews, who was a late withdrawal from Sunday's loss with the flu.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    They are both Blue but then again Lismore is further north than Minto & Bowraville
    That's it, since when has Queensland been concerned about the origins of players when making their selections?

When you look at a map explain to me why the queensland/nsw border is straight, and then curves up?

You bastards have been stealing parts of queensland, all those towns should be ours anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

yes coaster, thats right, before you know it we would have taken over the entire Gold Coast........stopping well before hitting logan/beenleigh/ipswich etc....lol

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Definitely a conspiracy if you ask me.

All the way to Evens head south should be Queenland, any footballer found in that area, we will take.

hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Default Titans Vs Eels Preview

Titans v Eels
    Skilled Park
    Monday 7pm

Parramatta?s finals hopes are barely flickering but they will be surely snuffed out if they can?t find a way to beat the Gold Coast Titans for the first time on Monday night.

Considering the Eels have a poor away record (2-5) and the Titans are undefeated at Skilled Park this year (7-0) the chances of an upset seem slim ? but upsets are certainly common during the representative season.

Parramatta are currently stuck down in 13th spot on the NRL ladder and still can?t manage to put together back-to-back wins, something they?ll need to address if they have designs on their season being extended past 26 rounds.

They are five competition points behind eighth position and with most of the teams in and around the finals zone having byes this weekend a win takes on even more significance.

For the Gold Coast the reality of an inaugural finals berth is getting closer. But by no means is it secured.

They know better than anyone how easy it is to freefall down the ladder in the back half of the year and a loss last week to the Raiders wouldn?t have helped their confidence.

They remain in third place, just a win off first but just two wins inside the top eight. Their aim now is to not only make the finals but make the top four to secure a home post-season game.

They must now find a way to return to the winner?s circle without representative forward Ashley Harrison in the side, but several other players are due to return to help their cause.

Mat Rogers returns at five-eighth, which allows Preston Campbell to move back to fullback and William Zillman to the bench. Luke Bailey returns at prop, which moves Brad Meyers back to lock and Daniel Conn to the bench.

Mark Minichiello also returns from injury, sending Josh Graham to the reserves list which includes Will Matthews, while Sam Tagataese and Bodene Thompson both miss out.

The Eels lose Jarryd Hayne to the Blues, which sees Luke Burt move to fullback and Krisnan Inu come onto the wing. The only other changes are to do with starting players, with Fuifui Moimoi due to start in place of Tim Mannah and Joe Galuvao due to start in place of Broderick Wright.

Watch out Titans: Eels rookie Daniel Mortimer is showing signs of the potential many touted from him and his two-try performance against the Panthers was pretty special for a youngster.

He now has three tries and three try assists plus a line-break assist and six line breaks in just five matches. He has shown he is a dangerous running option as well as a gifted playmaker. With more game time comes wiser decision-making skills and the Titans must be prepared for his instinctive play. If they hang off him in defence he will not hesitate to run but if they try to ?double team? him Mortimer is adept at finding his mates in traffic.

Watch out Eels: While goal-line defence will be critical in this clash (see below) the Eels need to be wary of the Titans from all parts of the field, particularly as they come off their own line. The Titans have scored more long-range tries (11) than any other side in the competition thanks to the speed to burn they have out wide.

With opposition teams fancying their chances against the Titans? forwards, invariably their defensive lines compress ? but this tactic is fraught with danger against a cagey Gold Coast line-up who aren?t afraid to spin the ball wide early. The pace of wingers Kevin Gordon and Chris Walker will no doubt be showcased in this match.

Where it will be won: Goal-line defence. After watching last weekend?s matches you could be forgiven for thinking both of these sides are yet to learn how to tackle. That is probably a little harsh but there were certainly occasions in the Eels? loss to Penrith and the Titans? loss to Canberra where the defence was as diluted as the alcohol content in a lemon, lime and bitters.

It is time for the two sides to really show some grunt and muscle up close to their lines. The Titans have shown they are capable; earlier in the season they sported one of the league?s best defences and they are still fifth in terms of points conceded this year, but they need to re-find their steel or face oblivion.

The Eels can?t boast any such form in 2009 ? only three other sides have let more points past them so far this season in a worrying sign for coach Daniel Anderson.

Now, no doubt it is difficult to be switched on defensively for an entire 80 minutes but at the very least teams should be at their best defending their line. Both sides allowed easy push-over tries last weekend which quite frankly isn?t acceptable. The side who pushes up hard off their try lines when their backs are against the wall and who work as a defensive unit will win this contest.

The history: Played 2; Titans 2, Eels 0. The Eels are the only side yet to beat the Gold Coast in their more recent reincarnation as the Titans. The two teams are yet to meet at Skilled Park but the Titans are undefeated at the venue this year with a 7-0 record while the Eels? away record reads a dismal 2-5.

Conclusion: Give me a ?T?, give me an ?I?, give me a ?T?, give me an ?A?, give me an ?N?, give me an ?S?, what does it spell? Victory. Back the home side all the way here.

Match officials: Referees ? Steve Lyons & Matt Cecchin; Sideline Officials ? Daniel Eastwood & Gavin Morris; Video Ref ? Steve Clark.

Source: nrl.com

"It is time for the two sides to really show some grunt and muscle up close to their lines. The Titans have shown they are capable; earlier in the season they sported one of the league?s best defences and they are still fifth in terms of points conceded this year, but they need to re-find their steel or face oblivion."

That sounds like pretty good analysis to me.

Best conclusion ever for an NRL.com review.

Conclusion: Give me a ‘T’, give me an ‘I’, give me a ‘T’, give me an ‘A’, giveme an ‘N’, give me an ‘S’, what does it spell? Victory. Back the home side all the way here.

I tipped us to loose last week and we did. With the number of players we had out and playing in Canberra, it was setting up to be another thrashing. But the team , although starting very slow, showed some real backbone and spirit and had their chance to win that game with a little luck.
    Don't think the Eels coaching staff didn't take notice of the second half of last weeks game from an understrength Titan team.
    The Eels will be worried playing an almost full-strength Titans at home.
    If they show the same application as the second half of football against Canberra I think they will win by 18+, easy.
    Looking at the big picture, that loss may be the best thing that could have happened to the team with the semi-finals so close.

I was pleasantly surprised that Titans are the number one team in terms of long distance tries. I remember in the past few years, the Titans were always pretty low in that stat. Gotta love the speed we have this year!