Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

dragons play with two forwards on the bench hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I think Zillman needs Carty to give him some confidence...give him the fullback position for a few games in a row to find his place in the backline.
    I think it is more important to have a ball playing 5/8 and Preston is our only guy.
    It's the same old argument...Rogers is a great ball runner but playing in a creative position.

We have all been waiting to see Zillman come alive and you don't get nicked named TP for no reason.
    Yeah and I think he played well last week. He just didn't get much opportunity I guess.

Was very disappointed with Delaney. He left Walker in no-mans land in that first half. He tends to have these games where his mind is all over the place. Walker is a capable centre as is Rogers. I would love to see Campbell, Gordon, Tonga, Walker, Mead, Rogers and Prince. I don't think Zillman gives us what Campbell does at the back.

I also don't agree with Graham starting. He's a bench player or a centre. Not good enough to start in the pack IMO. Full strength he doesn't get a run. I thought Tagataese was good when he was on. It will be good to get some game time under his belt. He provided a bit of impact I thought.

As far as the game went - predictably we got hammered up the middle - I don't think Delaney liked what was going on inside him to be honest and got sucked in. Apart from dropping the ball, throwing an intercept and inviting them in - we got punished up the centre third. Bring back our starting pack!

Let's hope we can get some help for Meyers, Laffranchi and Friend because there wasn't much today, especially playing probably the biggest pack in the NRL.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Man i really hope walker makes sure his passport is valid so the titans can ship him off to england next season, he doesnt play well away from home and than again i dont think he really deserves another chance he should be back on the queensland cup next week playing for ipswich, i think we need to put mead and gordon on the wing, there speedy fast and talented and can work magic....

Tonga is great in the centre, maybe zillman can play in the centre also when presto is at full back and rogers at 5/8.

also i cant wait till we get back rogers and harrison, and i think mark minichello might have to earn his spot in the team again because brad meyers is playing excellent footy

and once again scott prince had a pretty odinary game but thats just my opinion, i just think the whole team plays better up at skilled park and i cant wait till we play the eels at skilled park

i dont like being to critical on players but Josh Graham why is he in the starting side he offers nothing, he cant bust a tackle cant offload, he doesnt seem to be able to make many metres and he got caught out in defence a few times yesterday, i still cant belive he started, the titans this week with a few players back graham surely cant make the bench especially now with tagatese playing as well,

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    i dont like being to critical on players but Josh Graham why is he in the starting side he offers nothing, he cant bust a tackle cant offload, he doesnt seem to be able to make many metres and he got caught out in defence a few times yesterday, i still cant belive he started, the titans this week with a few players back graham surely cant make the bench especially now with tagatese playing as well,
    I agree 100%, he can fill a gap on the bench while we missing Chalky and Co. but not a starting spot in the forwards.

As for Zillman, confidence is the key, last week i was screaming at him to talk to the forwards, as soon as he did, his game improved dramatically. He needs to take more control of the game, and at the moment to me he looks like he is sitting back doing his job.

We need him screaming at our forwards, pushing them into gaps, organizing the front line, and looking for offloads. The more load he takes, the better he will be in both attack and defense, and this will only come with confidence and will not happen switching him from bench to fullback every second week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by gdownie View Post
    Man i really hope walker makes sure his passport is valid so the titans can ship him off to england next season, he doesnt play well away from home and than again i dont think he really deserves another chance he should be back on the queensland cup next week playing for ipswich,

Your kiddin right? Sure, he had an average first half, not helped by the centre....(but I am not bagging anyone.. ) but the second half once he went to centre he thrived. He fed 2 great balls to Mead who scored and from a Canberra kickoff after a Titans try he set off again which led to another late Titans try.

But I can see peoples points of view. How do you leave Mead out after his performances the past 2 weeks. Maybe put Walker in the centres, there is no way Delaney would have thrown those passes....well IMO anyway.

As Lonegull said, I also don't like to be critical of players. It's not as if they go out and intentionally have an average or bad day. As some great philospher once said....Sh1t happens! But the first half was absolutely abysmal and in their defence it seems (if reports are true) that some of them had the flu....add that to the 7 missing regulars and our second half looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by quins rl View Post
    Gota agree with you,hasnt exactly set the place alight,and looks to have lost half a yard of pace.Cant see a spot for him when,or if,we get all our bodies back.Been pretty disappointed in him so far,expected a bit more.
    We've got to remember Zillman is coming off those knee recons. I think we will see the best from him next season. I thought his game last week was really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    But I can see peoples points of view. How do you leave Mead out after his performances the past 2 weeks. Maybe put Walker in the centres, there is no way Delaney would have thrown those passes....well IMO anyway.
    Carty can be too loyal and averse to change, but Delaney has spent any goodwill he's saved up. He was a very good player for us for a long time, he's played more games than anyone for the club, but he's not showing much lately, and it seems he's gone next year. Mead is knocking down the door, Walker has been great more often than not. What is loyalty to him going to get the club now? Confidence for Delaney when he plays for the opposition next year?

Carty admits in the post match press conference that he has a few headaches now. You don't have to be Einstein to figure out it was a direct reference to Delaney.

Your spot on with the loyalty. The team changes this week will be the most eagerly anticipated ones of the year to see who is back from injury, who got picked for origin and who fills the outside back positions.

Junior Titan

Absolutely Coaster!!! i can't agree with you more, zillman needs to be set into the fullback position to get total confidence and bring preston in of the bench he can cover so many postions in the centre, and fullback if he's needed. We can probably get to keep him for another year also running off the bench