Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

i hope conn impress's and get a new contract.

Ok... dont fear... I have it........ Spoke to Adam and he didnt even know where it had been put ......it has been a while......so i did what all mothers should NEVER do..... I went into his room to find it....... THANK GOD I found it within the first 30 seconds........ lol.. the benifit of having a son that is always organised...... he might not have known where it was but he was organised when he did put it away..... phewwwwww

Tough As Conn Crete.......... so it looks like I will be ditchin Matty s Master Splinter one today and Cheerin 'The Conn' ...... I promise Matty..... the second you are back on field.... Master Splinter will return....lol
    Last edited by GCT_07; 27-06-09 at 11:24 AM.

Here's to 2015

man i dnt think i been this excited for a game since game 1.
    cant wait to see conn, just love watching him play.

This is a must win match!
    I consider every game in a must win from here on in. We need to stay with the break away group, because there's a big pack not far behind fighting desperately for a finals berth. We need it beyond doubt.

The Warriors are always dangerous and yeah, there's more kiwis on the coast than in NZ so it'll be a huge crowd.

I think despite the injuries we should do okay. We're much better prepared for it now than we have in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
    I can say more. "Its great that kids aspire to play for their state or country. I did in my chosen sport and it was my life long dream come true. But rep footy really needs to be played at a sensible time of the year Not mid-season."

Playing for your state or country is not the issue. Its timing is.
    Yes I understand that, but a couple were saying that they would prefer NO players from the Titans should get picked for rep sides because they could get injured and that would be a disaster for the team. It doesnt matter when the game is played, if there is going to be injuries, there will be, even in Club games throughout the season proper. Look at Bailey, Mini, Rodgers, Red. For years SOO has been played mid season, players injured. When that has happened, the Club then replaces these players with their shadow player/new kid on the block. It's all good. Most clubs have depth in the ranks and the Titans are one of those clubs this year.
    Titans to win today by 10!

Im heading off now. See you all there. I have spent the morning making a tribute to Michael Jackson which I will show off at the game. ONE LOVE TO MJ!

AND GO THE GOLD COAST!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

i'll certaintly be looking out for that on TV mate. Less than 3 hours to go now, looking forward to the game.

CARN THE TITANS!!!
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

I went to the TAB to put some money on first try scorer. No Gordon in the list. They didn't have Kevin Locke for the Warriors either, though Denan Kemp was in there. So I put my money on Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    I went to the TAB to put some money on first try scorer. No Gordon in the list. They didn't have Kevin Locke for the Warriors either, though Denan Kemp was in there. So I put my money on Friend.
    We both lost on the FTS market. I had Hohaia @ $20 and he came within INCHES.

Titans gonna go on with this one though. Warriors are woeful, I don't know whats happened with them but they got serious problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    We both lost on the FTS market. I had Hohaia @ $20 and he came within INCHES.

Titans gonna go on with this one though. Warriors are woeful, I don't know whats happened with them but they got serious problems.
    Lucky Gordon didn't score first. I would have been pretty annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Lucky Gordon didn't score first. I would have been pretty annoyed.
    Me too. I have bet him for first tryscorer every game except today.

I said to someone(Wade I think) when mead got the intercept that Gordon would do the same and the second half he did it. Ialso said we'd win by 20....so close

YES!!!!

If ever we needed confirmation that the Titans of '09 are a different class to the past couple of years tonight was it. To perform like that against the Warriors without Bailey, Rogers, Mini, Harro (for the whole game) and O'Dwyer for most of the second half was awesome!!!

Talk about having speed to burn on the wings. And didn't those boys do some work coming out of our own end. I reckon Walker's headache might be even worse after that game than it was before

And seriously - how good did it feel to enjoy the end of the game knowing the points were in the bag. It is the first time that has happened since we smoked the Knights in Rd 1.

Titans let fly...Speed to burn in the backs.

It was great to see Dave "Titanium Kumul" get in the open and play a game that i have been preaching he can. It may not have been enough to oust the in form Walker but dam it was impressive.

I'm liking our backs at the moment.
    I reckon we're especially dangerous with Presto in the halves. Zillman was sensational from the back, and our wingers...

According to the courier mail/NRL, that was Mark Zillman at fullback, anyone know who he is? Is he related to William? Did we get two for the price of one?

Was great to get a decent win under our belts, not just scraping in, against a dangerous team too.

I've thought that Prince hasn't been in his best form, but if tonight is anything to go by he's getting into it again. Laffranchi scores tries when Prince is going well, and its Prince's passing game that gives our wingers the room they need.

I thought Friend was our best in an all round brilliant team display. His pass for Boofs try was absolutely sublime and his defence is just awe inspiring. I noticed a few times tonight alone that he was our final defender and saved at least 2/3 certain tries with his attitude to get there and tackle. he's just absolutely amazing. You can keep your Cameron smiths and Robbie Farahs,We have the best number 9 in the NRL imo

Both wingers were also amazing both in defence (which people rarely take notice of) and attack which is devastating

Zillman was a handful for the warriors all night

Fantastic to see Conn back and playing really well

Just an all round great performance and when you consider we had 5/6 players out it was even more outstanding

The warriors were never ever in the game.We had complete control and it was nice to once dominate a team for a full 80 minutes

Oh and the legion made so much noise tonight,we should be as proud of ourselves as well as our players