Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Walker had a migrain last night and was given rest according to carty in an audio interview on the Titans site.
    Very happy to hear that
    #itaintweaktospeak

well if he's better, wont he be able to play?

Looks like the weather is going to clear up for the match.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

wish i could say the same for Adelaide. The game is on TV at 5pm here which is great but i have a party to go to at 6!

Good thing i have Foxtel IQ
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide Titan View Post
    wish i could say the same for Adelaide. The game is on TV at 5pm here which is great but i have a party to go to at 6!

Good thing i have Foxtel IQ
    Don't forget the Toyota Cup game at 3:15pm! That is 2 Titans games to enjoy!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

aaah, i actually watched them against the roosters,a good win. i'll be honest and say i dont watch much of the Toyota Cup but i sure to keep track of how the Titans are going
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Both of the teams we share the lead with - The Dragons and The Dogs won pretty impressively tonight. We may be equal on points but given exposed form I think we would all agree that we are a little bit (an only a little bit) off the pace being set by these 2 clubs.

On face value it seems like a dissapointing couple of results for us but if we win and the Knights lose we will be on 24 points, 6 points clear of 5th place!!!

That would be a serious buffer with some of the very winnable games that others have mentioned in coming weeks.

The problem I have is getting ahead of myself given what has transpired over the past 2 seasons. This sort of injury drama that we are currently experiencing - Harrison, Minichello, Bailey and Rogers has been enough to sink us in previous years esecially when exacerbated by injuries to the ringleader Prince. If we lose tomorrow and pick another injury or two we might go from thinking of top 4 to fighting to stay in the 8 real quick.

I am not trying to be pessimistic, I just hope the players and management aren't thinking the same way we are and that they can all send us home happy again tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Both of the teams we share the lead with - The Dragons and The Dogs won pretty impressively tonight. We may be equal on points but given exposed form I think we would all agree that we are a little bit (an only a little bit) off the pace being set by these 2 clubs.

On face value it seems like a dissapointing couple of results for us but if we win and the Knights lose we will be on 24 points, 6 points clear of 5th place!!!

That would be a serious buffer with some of the very winnable games that others have mentioned in coming weeks.

The problem I have is getting ahead of myself given what has transpired over the past 2 seasons. This sort of injury drama that we are currently experiencing - Harrison, Minichello, Bailey and Rogers has been enough to sink us in previous years esecially when exacerbated by injuries to the ringleader Prince. If we lose tomorrow and pick another injury or two we might go from thinking of top 4 to fighting to stay in the 8 real quick.

I am not trying to be pessimistic, I just hope the players and management aren't thinking the same way we are and that they can all send us home happy again tomorrow night.
    Karnage

1 game at a time. Tonight we play the Warriors and yes we have some injuries, but our depth is much better this year. We will still have a good enough side to beat the Warriors tonight. The Warriors are said to be one of the most feared packs in the NRL. I haven't seen this from them for the past 2 seasons, they aren't the big strong buggers they used to be.

No point getting ahead of ourselves and working out what if we win this game and they lose this one, we can make top 4, we can drop out of the 8, etc. All I'm concerned about right now is watching the Titans beat the Warriors tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Default Impressive Titans team despite all the injuries

Impressive Titans team despite all the injuries

Pat McLeod

June 27th, 2009

THE pain of the past is now bearing fruit for the Titans, according to coach John Cartwright.

The ladder-topping Gold Coast may have up to five top-graders out of tonight's (5.30pm) home clash with the Warriors, but can still list an impressive line-up.

"We are now reaping the rewards of the bad times," said Cartwright, referring to the club's first two years when injuries cruelled their finals hopes.

"We probably thrust some of our players into the action earlier than we wanted to, but they are ready now."

The Titans yesterday began their last pre-game training run knowing that they would be without the injured Luke Bailey (arm), Mark Minichiello (knee) and Ashley Harrison (rib).

But by the end of that session five-eighth Mat Rogers had also been ruled out with a rib injury and winger Chris Walker was in doubt with a severe migraine.

The forced changes include William Zillman into fullback, Preston Campbell to five-eighth, Luke O'Dwyer to lock and Dan Conn onto the bench. David Mead is on standby for Walker.

"The blokes who are out are all rep-quality players and that is a major blow," said Cartwright.

"We have had a bit of experience with injury this year and we have not had many games when they (the top line-up) have all played together.

"We are fortunate to be able to bring a player like Daniel Conn in in a situation like this."

The club's increased depth this year is also exemplified by Zillman slotting in.

'Mr Versatility' Preston Campbell said he was happy to be moved where ever the coach needed him.

"I don't mind wearing the six," he said. "My role does not change a great deal, but we are lucky to have a bloke like Zilly coming in. He is quality and will do well."

www.goldcoast.com.au
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Default Conn keen to make a big Conn-tribution

Conn keen to make a big Conn-tribution

Pat McLeod

June 27th, 2009

OUT of luck and out of favour, backrower Daniel Conn has placed a target on the NRL's most feared pack to reignite his career with the Gold Coast club.

The 23-year-old was seen as a future cornerstone with the club when he arrived for the Titans' debut season in 2007. However injury and bad luck have short-circuited his rugby league dream.

But that cursed run may end tonight with his appearance off the bench at Skilled Park against the bruising New Zealand Warriors.

"My chance has come, a little later than hoped, but you have to take them when they occur," he said.

"There will be some nice big hits. The Warriors are big and physical and you always pull up sore after playing them.

"But that is the sort of football I like. Some people play this game for the fame or the fortune. I play it for the physical confrontation.

"I love the physical aspect and that will make tomorrow more fun. I can't wait."

In fact Conn has spent all this season waiting.

After off-season shoulder surgery, the country boy from the small town of Wellington in western NSW was caught at the back of the queue for a position in the Titans top 17.

After 28 appearances for the Gold Coast across two seasons, it has taken until Round 16 for Conn to get his first start for 2009.

"It was hard to stay motivated at the start of the season," he said of being relegated to the Tweed Heads Seagulls in the Queensland Cup.

"But then I just concentrated on my footy. Things went well in the Q-Cup and we all started to play some good footy there.

"There are some very good players at that level."

In fact Conn has been in outstanding form for Seagulls, pivotal in their win over the table-topping Central Comets last weekend.

But with the Titans missing some big names Conn is keen to bring his brand of bruising defence to the main table.

"I aim to be the bloke they don't want to drop," he said.

"It will be hard when all the boys are back from injury -- someone has to miss out.

"But I am real keen to stay up here for a few weeks, earn my spot and keep it.

"Last year when we were at full strength I had my spot on the bench.

"I want to win that back and eventually force my way into the starting line-up."

Conn says he is confident he and his teammates, especially fellow-youngster Will Matthews, can out-enthuse the power-packed Warriors.

"Yes they (the Warriors) are a big pack, but if we get off our line quick I reckon we have the guys with the enthusiasm and experience to do the job."

In fact forward 'conductor' Nathan Friend has no doubt his team has the muscle to meet the Warriors head on.

"We have blokes like Matty White and Aaron Cannings who I know will make sure we don't get pushed over," said the workaholic No.9.

"But this won't just be just a physical confrontation.

"This will come down to who can endure the most pain across 80 minutes."

Coach John Cartwright said his team had concentrated this week on ensuring the Titans started well.

"That is an area we have not been good at this year," he said. "We have to be fast and chase hard."

Conn admits he is playing for more than a first grade spot tonight. Out of contract, he is still to sign anywhere for 2010.

"I am looking for a home for next year," he said.

"I am still to hear from the Titans so I am playing for my bread and butter, for my next contract. I have had a few sniffs but have decided to just concentrate on my footy."

www.goldcoast.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Both of the co-leaders of the comp are playing very well but lets not forget we have Beaten them Both of them & the Dragons match was only a couple of weeks back so how is it we are "Off the Pace"

As Tam said lets concentrate on this weeks match & not what may happen after round 26
    #itaintweaktospeak

I would hope to see Conn go nuts today up against that big bunch of Kiwi s. He s got to prove himself for a spot...... and hopefully today he does just that..... now... where the heck did Adam put his "Tough as Conn Crete" banner.... or have the moths got it by now

Here's to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_07 View Post
    now... where the heck did Adam put his "Tough as Conn Crete" banner.... or have the moths got it by now
    Yea I have been hanging out for that to make a reappearance nearly as much as I have been hanging out for a Conn reappearance.

He will be warmly welcomed back by The Legion.

i am so happy to see that conn is goin to get a run tonight...

a massive conn-crete slow chant will be in order one thinks..

please make sure that banner will be back in action... lets show conny that we are there for him in his return.
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by daveyk View Post

please make sure that banner will be back in action... lets show conny that we are there for him in his return.
    Trying to get hold of Adam.... its in his room somewhere and I aint going through it to find it..... and with it being in titans colours its just going to blend in with everything else in there.....Adam flew down for that shameful thing that happened on Wednesday night..... infact come to think of it... thats probably why he s not answering his phone...... still drowning his sorrows

Here's to 2015