Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide Titan View Post
    With the struggling Eels and Raiders over the next 2 weeks, we shouldn't slip up and secure a top 4 spot
    Can't get complacent, we always find it tough against the lower teams. But it would be great to give another club a sound thrashing.

It all comes down to INJURIES INJURIES INJURIES. The Premier will probably be a club with minimal injuries.

But look at the draw, we are a chance for a Minor Premiership. Shoot for the moon I say!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

it would be great if we got the minor premiership...but i'd settle for a top 4 spot. i think the game vs Bulldogs may decide it and also it depends on how the Dragons go.

We have plenty of home games where we dominate so lets just keep our fingers crossed!

A premiership....well lets just wait and see

Default Rep Footy

Just a thought to the people questioning players being chosen for rep duties. From the age of 6 years old, young rugby league players, want to play in the NRL. Well maybe not that young, but certainly from about under 9's and upwards. These kids aspire to be just like their number. If they play the number 7, they want to be like Scotty Prince, if they play the number 9, they want to be just like Friendy, and so it goes on. We all know, that out of about 200 young juniors only 2 or 3 make it into top grade (NRL). Now, say we have Johnny, gone through the junior ranks, made junior reps on the way through, gets a scholarship with an NRL club, then a contract and is signed for 3 years. All during those years of junior footy, these kids look up to their respective State of Origin number also. (Us Queenslanders know the passion and loyalty which runs through their veins. It's bred into them. just thought I would add that) anyway, what I am trying to say is, ALL NRL players, play this great game not only for their club, but to represent their State and Country. It is the pinnicle of their careers. They all know, to play rugby league as a job, it is the best job in the world and to be proudly selected for their State and/or Country well, what more can I say ...
    Last edited by Titan2007; 26-06-09 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Just thinking 'tis all.

With the struggling Eels and Raiders over the next 2 weeks, we shouldn't slip up and secure a top 4 spot
    u still call em the eels? i thought they changed their name to Hayne

haha, if they ever lose him, they are stuffed!

haha, if they ever lose him, they are stuffed!
    Well, we are playing the Eels the week before Origin...

Campbell back to halves for Warriors clash

Adam Gardini
    Friday, June 26, 2009

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans coach John Cartwright has again called on dynamo Preston Campbell to fill the void left by injured five-eighth Mat Rogers for tomorrow’s clash against the Warriors at Skilled Park.

With Rogers still struggling to overcome a rib cartilage injury, Campbell will switch from fullback to five-eighth with super sub William Zillman promoted from the interchange bench to fullback.

The move has proved successful at other stages this season, including the club's last-start win over the Sydney Roosters.

Preston Campbell
    Titans dynamo Preston Campbell

Campbell has been one of the best for the Titans this season and currently trails hooker Nathan Friend (18 points) by just two points in the race to win this year's Paul Broughton Medal.

To listen to interviews with Preston Campbell and John Cartwright click here

The reshuffled line-up will also see forward Daniel Conn handed his first NRL appearance of 2009 on a new-look Titans’ bench which also includes utility Josh Graham.

Despite the enforced late changes through the loss of Rogers and Queensland Origin forward Ashley Harrison, Cartwright said his troops were well placed to handle the situation given they have done so on many other occasions in 2009.

“We’ve had a bit of experience with it this year too,’’ he said.

“There haven’t been many games where they’ve all played together in Preston, Princey (Scott Prince), Rogers and (Nathan) Friend.

“It’s been a good opportunity for when you get weeks like this.’’

The table-topping Titans will be looking to keep their unbeaten home record in-tact for 2009 against the Warriors, having won all six matches at Skilled Park this season.

www.titans.com.au
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I was at the last training session this morning at Skilled & there are definatley changes to be made to the team announced earlier this week & Curly is nearly right but i think this may be the side

1. Zillman
    2. Gordan
    3. Tonga
    4. Delaney
    5. Mead
    6. Presto
    7. Prince
    8. White
    9. Friend
    10. Henderson
    11. Laffranchi
    12. Myers
    13. O'Dwyer

14. Cannings
    15. Matthews
    16. Graham
    17. Conn

The Rat was there but he's not playing & there was no sign of Walker at training so i'd guess he's out too

Walker had a migrain last night and was given rest according to carty in an audio interview on the Titans site.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Well, we are playing the Eels the week before Origin...

well i guess we'll see if NSW pick their strongest squad then, if they do then no Hayne for Parramatta

I like Presto in the halves, he gets a lot more involved which only boosts the team. He's probably our best attacking weapon.

WOW... looks like we ve got a full Legion this game.... either that or they only released a few tickets.... officially now.... allocation exhausted.

So here so to putting the last pathetic game of football I watched behind us and kickin some Kiwi Butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2007 View Post
    Just a thought to the people questioning players being chosen for rep duties. From the age of 6 years old, young rugby league players, want to play in the NRL. Well maybe not that young, but certainly from about under 9's and upwards. These kids aspire to be just like their number. If they play the number 7, they want to be like Scotty Prince, if they play the number 9, they want to be just like Friendy, and so it goes on. We all know, that out of about 200 young juniors only 2 or 3 make it into top grade (NRL). Now, say we have Johnny, gone through the junior ranks, made junior reps on the way through, gets a scholarship with an NRL club, then a contract and is signed for 3 years. All during those years of junior footy, these kids look up to their respective State of Origin number also. (Us Queenslanders know the passion and loyalty which runs through their veins. It's bred into them. just thought I would add that) anyway, what I am trying to say is, ALL NRL players, play this great game not only for their club, but to represent their State and Country. It is the pinnicle of their careers. They all know, to play rugby league as a job, it is the best job in the world and to be proudly selected for their State and/or Country well, what more can I say ...
    I can say more. "Its great that kids aspire to play for their state or country. I did in my chosen sport and it was my life long dream come true. But rep footy really needs to be played at a sensible time of the year Not mid-season."

Playing for your state or country is not the issue. Its timing is.

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_07 View Post
    WOW... looks like we ve got a full Legion this game.... either that or they only released a few tickets.... officially now.... allocation exhausted.
    Bah, ticketek was giving me grief yesterday. Have to buy at the gate again. When are they going to expand the unreserved section?!

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    Bah, ticketek was giving me grief yesterday. Have to buy at the gate again. When are they going to expand the unreserved section?!
    Working on getting it ready for the Parramatta game. It's a bother but also a good problem to have, we are growing! I will keep you updated and I suggest geting your Legion tickets for Broncos and Cowboys at Skilled Park as soon as possible to avoid any drama.

See you all at the game!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    My understanding from conversations last year (things might have changed since then) was that as Legion Memberships increase each year the allocated seats will also increase...... the Legion section is all based on Memberships...... Like i said.. it could have changed but thats what I remember from conversations last year. I m not quite sure if they have now included Legion on Ticketec automatically or whether they have stuck with what they were doing earlier this year which was leaving them until much closer to the game to release.

Here's to 2015